Start by marking “The Complete Beatles Chronicle” as Want to Read:
The Complete Beatles Chronicle

The Complete Beatles Chronicle

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  575 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Every live performance, recording date, major TV and film appearance: follow each exciting moment in the Fab Four's rise to fame, from their beginnings in Liverpool's dank clubs to the dizzying heights of Beatlemania. Years of research went into this lively chronicle, chockablock with photos and rare documents. Author Lewisohn received unprecedented access to studio archiv ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Hamlyn (UK) (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Beatles Chronicle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Beatles Chronicle

Paul Bryant
Oct 05, 2014 Paul Bryant rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beatles
Georgia (my daughter) tells me that the only Beatles songs familiar to her generation - God knows why, I blame the schools - are "Yellow Submarine" and "When I'm 64". So that might be why some kids can't understand what the fuss was about.

But I thought - hey.... I've done that too. This phenomenon, of judging an artist by their worst or least representative work, is not confined to the brain-dead kids. I did it too. Chuck Berry had a gigantic Number 1 hit in 1972 in Britain with.... no, not Prom
David Roberts
Mar 18, 2013 David Roberts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: music
Who could possibly be a big enough Beatles fan to want to actually read about every concert, TV appearance, and detail of their tour schedules, album releases, and on an on. Well..

My favorite is page 171, which includes the concert at which I saw the Beatles live in Detroit.
Lynn
Jan 14, 2010 Lynn rated it it was amazing
You want to know what the Beatles did and when? This is the only book to get.

Lewisohn, who's currently writing a bio of the group which should be the definitive one when it's complete, did years of research to complete this encyclopedia detailing what, where, when, who, and why of each date in Beatles history--all the way from the Quarrymen days up through the breakup of the band. He summarizes their recording sessions (gone into in more detail in THE BEATLES RECORDING SESSIONS, also recommended
Stone
Apr 04, 2013 Stone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beatles
THE Beatles book to have. And to look up whenever us freaks want to know with detail anything. The level of detail is really frightening at times, and Lewisohn really takes care to write down facts, just facts and nothing but the facts.
Zach
Sep 11, 2009 Zach rated it it was amazing
I once borrowed this book from a friend, and I never stopped reading!! This will tell you anything and evrything about The Beatles!!!!! Concert Dates, T.V. Appearances, Everything!!!!!!!!! Go and get it NOW!!!!!!
Cyndi Johnson
Jul 08, 2013 Cyndi Johnson rated it really liked it
I adore the Fab Four I've been collecting the books about them for awhile now also I was sooo fortunate to see them when I was 13 what an experience that was. I will love them forever and listen to their music always
Jlspake
Feb 24, 2010 Jlspake rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a reference volume. As I got deeply into Bob Spitz' biography, I referred to it often during the reading. A really well done overview day-by-day style without personal dramas.
David Welch
Jan 25, 2012 David Welch rated it it was amazing
This book is invaluable for gaining a day to day view of the band. All you really need is this book, Revolution in the Head, and the Anthology book to get a clear and accurate picture of the Fab 4.
Aaron Goodier
Apr 27, 2009 Aaron Goodier rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
I'm a Beatles fan, but I'm not a "I have to know what every Beatle was doing at every moment of his life" fan.
Nate
Oct 18, 2008 Nate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music
A great expansion of Beatle Sessions.
Alan
Oct 02, 2008 Alan rated it it was amazing
does what it says on the cover
tom
Jan 12, 2007 tom rated it it was amazing
Fun to read
Joel Gordon
Joel Gordon rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Pamela M Smith
Pamela M Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
David Riley
David Riley rated it it was amazing
Gabriella Ciametti
Gabriella Ciametti marked it as to-read
Fasoli
Fasoli added it
Ezequiel Luque Rafart
Ezequiel Luque Rafart marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Morgane
Morgane marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Ken P
Ken P added it
Aug 08, 2016
Edec
Edec rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Frannie Black
Frannie Black marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Aleksei Goldberg
Aleksei Goldberg marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Eoin
Eoin marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Skinner
Skinner marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
  • Beatles Forever
  • Tell Me Why: The Beatles: Album By Album, Song By Song, The Sixties And After
  • The Beatles: Unseen Archives
  • A Day in the Life: The Music and Artistry of the Beatles
  • Lennon Remembers: The Full Rolling Stone Interviews from 1970
  • The Beatles
  • All You Need Is Ears: The inside personal story of the genius who created The Beatles
  • Magical Mystery Tours: My Life with the Beatles