Start by marking “The Haunting (Immortals, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Haunting (Immortals, #7)

The Haunting (Immortals #7)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  503 ratings  ·  27 reviews
For centuries they have walked among us--vampires, shape-shifters, the Celtic Sidhe, demons, and other magical beings. Their battle to reign supreme is constant, but one force holds them in check, a race of powerful warriors known as the IMMORTALS

Random flashes of unearthly light. Ominous messages written on steamy mirrors. Assailants lurking in shadows. Mai's hallucinati
Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published November 1st 2008 by Love Spell (first published October 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Nov08

“Immortals: The Haunting” by Robin T. Popp is book number six in the ‘Immortals’ series. I’ve read ‘em all and there’s only one book left to come which will be a collection of three short stories; one by each author who contributed to the series. Even though this book is not about one of the main immortal characters from the story (though we do get an appearance by one), it’s still a very good read—especially for paranormal fans.

Mai is a wood nym
Caitlyn
I enjoyed the 7th book in the Immortals series. Heroine is a wood nymph, hero is a spirit-walker with chameleon abilities. As with the other Immortal stories, it's difficult to go into too much detail without giving away key elements of the story. If you liked the previous stories, you will like these as well. We even get to have Darius and Lexi stop by to help save the day.
Veronica
Loved this book. Was able to read it in less than a day. Great story. Kept you trying to figure out what was gonna happen to the characters next.
Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Mai Groves hat nach der Schlacht gegen Kekshut immer noch Halluzinationen und leidet unter einem posttraumatischen Stresssyndrom. Sie leidet unter den Ereignissen damals und hat ihre Magie nicht im Griff. Um ihr Leben etwas in den Griff zu bekommen, versucht sie wieder ihren Job als Reporterin aufzunehmen, doch das bringt sie in größere Gefahren als sie ahnt und welche Rolle Nick Blackhawk dabei spielt, müsst ihr selber rausfinden...

Meine Meinung: Am Anfang schien die Geschichte etwa
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤❤¼

Reporter and wood nymph, Mai Groves from The Darkening) is living with PTSD after her involvement in battling evil with the Immortals. She's convinced she's cured but after a brutal attack in her apartment she decides she might be wrong. She knows she was assaulted but there's no sign of forced entry. She knows her nose was broken and she was bleeding and bruised. She is sure she didn't imagine the mysterious man who appeared out of nowhere and scared off her assailant. But there's no forced
Emily
In the seventh book of the Immortals series, Robin T. Popp brings us the story of Mai and Nick, neither of whom is actually immortal. They are magical creatures, though. Mai is a wood nymph, which I gather means she can teleport and is extremely horny. Nick is a Spirit Walker who can travel through the spiritual realms of dreams, wishes, etc. He can also morph into any living thing bigger than a hawk. Mai is also a reporter working on exposing a corrupt politician who is not pleased about her di ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
This was such a great story. Mai (Lexi and Darius' friend from their book) is a wood nymph who has handled the year since the Immortals defeated the Old One badly. Suffering from PTSD, her magic is on the fritz and she has hallucinations. When her therapist is killed, her reporters instincts apparently go on the fritz too, because she just decides that the super hot man who helped save her and heal her is another figment of her over-stressed imagination. He's not.
Nick is a spirit-walker who has
Hope
Another wonderful read! I love how they are engaging side characters, like Mai, and sharing their stories! It's one big family and I'm so happy we're learning about each member!
As with the other 6 books in the series this ended in a way that wrapped my heart in girly warm fuzzies. I closed the book with a smile of satisfaction, knowing another member of my book family is content and happy. :-)
Just read all of them! You know you want to! ;-)
XXOO
~Hope
Hope
Just read all of them! You know you want to! ;-)
XXOO
~Hope
Kristin L.
I picked this up on Amazon mostly because the cover and blurb looked intriguing. I was pleasantly surprised to find a solid story with exceptionally likeable characters. I enjoyed Mai Groves, and felt she was someone I could see myself having coffee with. Nick Blackhawk is a drool-worthy hero to the story. I loved his hard-as-nails exterior, his protective nature and his softer side as well. I like the idea that he is a dream walker who can traipse around the spiritual planes, and that Mai turns ...more
Cindy
Another entry in the Immortals multi-author series - and a good read. Darius and Lexi [introduced in book 2:] make several cameo appearances. Some of the best lines concern Lexi's mother-in-law [Sekhmet:] as she's trying to explain to her [relatively normal:] mother that the reason people are more worried about Sekhmet being upset than her 'Because you don't make the Nile run red with blood when you're pissed off'. You've got to love it!

The Calling – Immortals 1 - by Jennifer Ashley

The Darkening
Vfields used to be Happy!
This is another in the Immortal series. This series is written by four different authors. This one that’s place eighteen months after Lexi & Darius meet and fall in love but I think I have missed an installment because … well you know how it goes. This is an alternate universe Mai the dippy ‘wood nymph’ from the other book is now suffering post traumatic stress from the past war and thinks she is losing her mind but the truth is she is being haunted on two different fronts. Nick the ‘spirit ...more
Izzybizzy
In diesem Teil geht es um die Waldnymphe Mai Groves. Seit dem Kampf, den sie zusammen mit dem Zirkel des Lichts und den Unsterblichen geführt hat, schwächeln Mais magische Kräfte. Außerdem hat sie merkwürdig realistische Halluzinationen. Was hat das alles zu bedeuten? Bei ihren Recherchen stößt sie auf Nicolas Blackhawk. Beide fühlen sich trotz eines peinlichen Starts zu einander hingezogen und haben später einige Abenteuer zu bestehen.
Ich finde auch diesen Teil der Reihe sehr gelungen. Die Gesc
Diana
After the showdown with Tain and his Immortal brothers, Mai has suffered from hallucinations and problems with her magic. So when she is seemingly attacked but then left without a scratch, she isn't sure if she's going crazy or is really under attack. Nick Blackhawk, a chameleon, has heard her call from help across the dream planes, and finds himself her appointed protector.

This book left me quite confused at times, with reality blending into illusion and lots of sudden turns in the plot. Mai an
Teresa Spooner
Good book but only a very slight reference to The Immortals. Doesn't really fit with the series
Hbeebti
Im not sure what it was about this one. But it wasnt as good as the others in this series. I really like Mia and remembered her from the other books. Nick was hot! But pretty arrogant. Couple of time I wanted to smack him. The action where Mia thinks she is hallucinating was very real and exciting . But the other parts kinda fell flat for me. I do look forward to reading more about Dave in the next book tho. The Spirit walking was kinda cool as well. Like I said I dont know what it was that made ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Crystal
Interesting. Hero, for all that he didn't want to find a mate, seemed happy when he realized the h and the person he was dreaming about were one and the same. Heroine did have her moments of being a bit...stupid. At least she realized she had a problem. Too bad nobody believed her.
Dawn
I thought this one was going to end very sad and was SO not happy with how it appeared it was going to end and then she threw in a twist and the story ended perfect. :-) Too bad life isn't that way.
Anne
I didn't think I was going to like this story. The beginning, I didn't like too much. But as the story progressed, I liked it more and more! Great story, and great narrator!
Vivian
It start alright until the first dream that the heroine has about Nick. Right there is when I quit reading. Not more than ten pages. Dream started with forplay.
Kathy
i just love these immortal books , the authors have a way of pulling you in to the story , excitement , romance and mystery ,,make for a awesome read ,, loved it
Missy Ann
Better than her last book. But there were still plot holes. Not as bad, but sloppy.
July
This book was fairly good. I love this author. So I read it very fast
Sharon
like this series
Cathy
November 2008
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Kyra
Kyra marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • The Reckoning (Immortals, #8)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Darkness on Fire (Paladins of Darkness, #9)
  • Shadows of Camelot (Merlin's Legacy, #4)
  • Jared (Shadow Wranglers, #2)
  • The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Demon's Hunger (Compact of Sorcerers, #2)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
Robin T. Popp grew up watching Star Trek and reading Nancy Drew, Robert Heinlein, Sharon Green and Piers Anthony. She loved the daring and romantic exploits of heroic characters on grand adventures in otherworldly places. It wasn’t long before she wanted to write such tales to share with others. Though she was forced to take a thirty-year detour through the real world – which certainly wasn’t with ...more
More about Robin T. Popp...
The Darkening (Immortals, #2) Out of the Night (Night Slayer, #1) Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2) Tempted in the Night (Night Slayer, #3) Lord of the Night (Night Slayer, #4)