Start by marking “True Colors” as Want to Read:
True Colors

True Colors

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,141 ratings  ·  43 reviews

Meredith Ashe returned to Billings, Montana, a great deal wiser and much richer than the scared, pregnant teenager she had been six years before. She was now ‘Kip’ Tennison, the sophisticated savvy widow of millionaire Henry Tennison and heir to his multi-national corporation. Meredith intended to keep her past--and her future plans
Published May 1st 1991 by Warner Books (first published April 1991)

To ask other readers questions about True Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Colors

Ms Fine
Timeless... The plot was so similar with all my classic favorites. The heroine's name reminds of Meredith Bancroft. Even though I've read these kinds of stories many times in the past, I never get tired of it, I love a little vengeance in my books/heroines. If it were a movie, this would easily go under the category, drama. I especially loved forgiveness in this book, how easily Meredith have forgiven people who have wronged her. 5 rainbow stars- JB
I dropped this book like a hot potato, when I found out the heroine wasn't a typical DP heroine I liked.
This may seem like an old-fashioned story,but I guess I read it at a point where I needed the good ol' stories.

Loved a heartbreaking scene so much that I was crying. It was that part when the hero realized and felt the absolute effing terror of how he wronged the woman he loves, and that no amount of apologies and making up for it will ever justify his mistakes.
Geeez! She should have made him sign a
I was looking for a light romantic read and was led astray by this book's summary into thinking it might suit my needs. However, by the time I was about 1/3 of the way through the book I could not continue it. My inability to read further had nothing to do with the Meredith's rather narrow emotional range or Cy Harden's inability to control his 'lust' or even Cy's mother's failure to decide whether or not she hoped Meredith had an abortion or gave Cy's child up for adoption. My growing aversion ...more
This book was a pleasant enough read. I did enjoy the story as long as I didn't think too much about reality.

The heroine is supposed to be a tycooness at the young age of 23. From the time she was an 18 year old naive child, she gave birth to a baby, studied all there was to know about business and became a protegy all the while dealing with the loss of her true love, and the new conveniently found caring of a sugar daddy. At 23 she was feared by the "old boys" club. She could manage a business
Lyraa Levine
The book had an interesting plot and yet there were things that shopped me from rating it higher than 3. The heroine is blamed of stealing and abandoned while preggers by the hero. She is poor with no family and she meets this guy who is far richer than our hero and marries her. The story picks off after the husband is dead and the heroine now a powerful widow goes back to that old place acting as a waitress in a resturant when she can buy the whole hotel.

In a way it was comforting because when
Consuela Rossetto
Meredith vorrebbe poter gettare il passato alle spalle, ma è difficile quando si ha amato tanto qualcuno e quando si ha il frutto di quell'amore sotto gli occhi, ogni giorno.

Dunque, invece di dimenticare, finisce per trascorrere il tempo a ricordare e a desiderare di vendicare il torto così ingiustamente subito.

Tornata a casa è decisa a far vedere a tutti chi è diventata e quanta forza, quanta determinazione si nasconde dietro il suo dolce aspetto.

Appena la vede, Cy non ha un attimo di esitazion
Angelica Stevenson
In 2005-2007 I read so many of Diana Palmer's books. My ex's mom had a lot and that got me hooked. She is an excellent author and I just enjoyed them. Especially the rancher, texas, farmer themes plots and stuff.
Kaycee Sapinoso

Diana Palmer is one of the first authors that I ever read. Although until now I still don't figure out why I loved her books. Maybe because I'm easy to please? Or maybe because I got carried away? I know they kind of different. Yet there is something about Ms. Palmer's writings that keeps me coming back for more. Or maybe because I'm really a sucker for a jerk hero. Haha!

Meredith was eighteen and in love with Cy Harden. But she was run out of Billings by
Amanda Sheila
Maybe I'm cheap, I don't care. I'm indeed easy to please. Just give me Diana Palmer's good book, and I'll survive. :)

Meredith was eighteen when she's helpessly pregnant and sent away due to scam by Cy's mother. Cy thought Meredith betrayed him, that's why he let go of her, in a hard way. And six years later, she's back. New confidence, new experience and of course, full of surprises that she intend to drop in Cy and his mother's face like a poopbomb. But what will she do when Cy still stir her
Virginia Markhart
I really wanted to like this book. I really did. It had a lot going for it. Teenage girl run out of town by her boyfriends' mother. Not good enough for my boy, says the mother. The mother also knows that the teenage girl is pregnant.
She returns to town six years later to take the family business away from the mother and son. It gets ugly. There is a LOT of repeating going on. Got tired of that in a hurry.
Loved it!

If you enjoy reading any of Diana Palmer's books, you will love this one. I have a lot of her paperback books, now collecting them on my kindle fire, I just wish she would lower the price of the reader books.

Cy has always loved Meredith, too bad he didn't treat her right the first time. Cause she came back to Billings with a vengeance.
Cecelia M. Barnes
Hard to put down!!!

Very enjoyable book so much so that I didn''t want it to end. I had a hard time putting this book down. It was so cool to see how Cy and Meredith's loving relationship evolved. Would recommend this book to anybody who likes to read a really good romance novel.
I can't believe someone who never get in touch with business can be very successful in age 23 years old. eventhough in this book tell us that her husband taught her about business. and I don't like the idea she leaving her child with bodyguard to achieve her goal in revenge.
Adriana Fogaça
Muito, mais muito bom...

Definitivamente, Meredith é a melhor mocinha de todas, que Diana Palmer já nos presenteou. Independente, objetiva e carismática. Sem falar que tem muita fibra. E que encontrou o par ideal, no bonitão e arrogante Cy.

Posso estar equivocada mas tive a impressão que Cy perde a razão com muita facilidade, é machista e um pouquinho vingativo. Mas Meredith tirou de letra, não se deixou abalar por nenhuma provocação.

Sr. Smith é um fofo, ADORO, apesar da iguana. Ele me parece mai
Danette Thistle
I enjoyed the story very much. The corporate espionage was interesting. I might have gone into it more than DR did. Cy was an interesting character. I don't want to give away anything. Hope you enjoy it!
Romance books rarely make me cry, but I sobbed through this one. Diana Palmer books are my favorites. Great story for a rainy day. Five stars !
3 1/2 stars

First half of the story get a 4 star, second half get a 3 star. This book was hard to put down, but then it just dragged on and on half way through and I can't wait to be done with it.

I like flawed characters, seeing them change and redeem themself, but Cy never seem to redeem himself to me. I find him selfish with no attractive qualities (I guess there is one if you count his big package, which is not enough, especially when he was too selfish to use it properly to please a womam).
Cy Harden/Meredith Ashe(Kip)-he was a owner of a national corporation she was a young 18 yrs old waitress who fell in love with Cy his mother set her up with a lie that she and a her lover stole money from him because Kip wasn't good enough for Cy so she ran away pregnant then 6 years later she came back as the widow of a multinational coporation that she was in charge of...planning to take over Cy corporation because Cy wouldn't let her company buy rights to some local mineral that were needed ...more
I really like Diana's plots but this one was unusual. I like the corporate intrigue. But Cy had only sex on his brain. He never seemed to understand people but he could run corporation? That seems quite weird and contradictory to me. But maybe I don't understand men all that well. Great book though.
I thought this was one of Diana Palmer's better stories. I enjoyed the characters, their struggles, and their attempts at both revenge and redemption.

There are definitely some places where the story drags, and where irrelevant information is presented (almost endlessly). About 20% of this book seems to be a history lesson, which doesn't really advance the story at all, but the overall plot is solid.
Dewi Read
this Love story about Cy and Meredith. Meredith very young while she pregnant Cy child, but Myrna (Cy mother) make lie story about Meredith, Poor Meredith, out of town and meet wealty Man Henry and marriage her. Nice story, like always I Love Diana Palmer books...always can make me "escape"...
This was a pretty good read. The plot was a tad above average but the he said she said thing got a little old. The main guy was a pain more than half the time and their love story was full of soapish drama. Overall I liked it okay but it's not a kepper for me.
Michele bookloverforever
woman betrayed comes back for revenge. falls in love with the same man again. he betrays her a 2nd time. she forgives him and they live happily ever after. It's the verbal and emotional abuse she keeps forgiving that makes me dislike the book.
Pat Cromwell
This is the Diana Palmer book that made me a lifelong fan. From this book I went backwards to her others and led me to purchase future books without reading the synopsis. Uh ... except her historical. I don't like historicals.
Double thumb for this book.
From all Diana Palmer's book that I had read, I really love this one.
More than Diamond Spur or Lawless. Can't wait if GPU have a plan to translate this book. Very recommended.
A nice story of Payback in one way or another. Secrets sometimes come back to haunt a person and then you must admit them. But mistakes can also be made before the secret ever occurs.
This was only available in large print at my library. I will occasionally read LP. I can even take my glasses off and still see the words. :)

• The Secret Baby Bargain
  • Innocent Sins (Harlequin Presents, #2133)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Love's Legacy
  • Your and My Secret: Volume 1 (Your and My Secret, #1)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan, #6)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 5
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 23 (Nodame Cantabile, #23)
  • Love's Choices
  • Yoroshiku Master, Vol. 01
  • Happy Café, Volume 14
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 7
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • キャットストリート 3 [Cat Street 3]
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
Susan Kyle writes under the pseudonyms Diana Blayne, Katy Currie and Diana Palmer.

Susan Spaeth Kyle was born in 1946 in Randolph County, Georgia. She attended school in Atlanta and graduated in 1964 from Chamblee High School in Chamblee, Georgia.

In 1991, at the age of 44, she went back to college and graduated summa cum laude. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history, with minors in anth
More about Susan Kyle...