Start by marking “Lucy's Launderette” as Want to Read:
Lucy's Launderette

Lucy's Launderette

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Twenty-eight-year-old Lucy is at a point in her life when everything is spinning out of control. Despite her degree in fine arts, she is working as a professional gofer for an unbearable art galley owner; her free-spirited grandfather has just passed away, leaving behind his pregnant girlfriend; and she is the only sane member in her eccentric family. But Lucy's road to ha ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Lucy's Launderette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy's Launderette

Wileyacez
This was one of Gracie's gifts;she liked fluffy books during grad school. Thought that since it's summer, I deserved something a bit frothy, too. Wasn't that sugary up until the last few pages; the author worked very hard to avoid giving away her hand up until the bitter end. Grandpa dies, and grandkid Lucy is floundering. Through much trial and error, Lucy gets herself together and finds love.
Jasmine
Unclear if I'm going to finish this one. Lucy is getting on my nerves, most of the other characters are terrible, and I'm 1/3 of the way in and the damn launderette hasn't even come up yet.

Okay, I actually finished the book and it just made me mad. The launderette finally shows up at halfway through the book and it was good for about 50 pages, and then the crap with her bipolar brother and the annoying love interest starts up again and made finish the book with a lot of eye rolls. Yuck.

Also, the
Karschtl
A lot to take for Lucy: the death of her beloved grandfather, whose young girlfriend is pregnant; dad's gone crazy and turned into a rocker, the brother was already crazy and is threatening her; her roommate is mean (and skinny!), her boss is even meaner and treats her like a slave. Her passion - painting - is almost forgotten.

On top of that sex with Mr. Wonderful isn't so wonderful at all (lasts only 3 seconds!!), and no love is involved there.

Rescue comes in form of the launderette from her g
Erin
This is the first Canadian chick-lit I've read - it wasn't much different from the American genre, really, and for the most part it was an easy, enjoyable story.

At the beginning, I felt like I'd been thrown into a mess (who is Anna? Why does everyone have to have a nickname? What happened to Jeremy, Lucy's grandfather?), but things sorted themselves out, even though it took forever to get to the bit about the launderette. It seemed funny to me that such a cool idea for a coin wash could come fro
Stephanie
Enjoyable, quick beach read.
Beka
Also in my big box of cheap books, this was a fun, fluffy read. There were plenty of flaws, but the main character was quite engaging, and I enjoyed her creative plan for making over her life. The love interest wasn't fleshed out much, but there were several secondary characters who were very well drawn. A fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Rosie
I read 50 pages of this and it was one of the stupidest things I have read in a long long time. Not going to finish it. I shouldnt have spent the time reading 50 pages.

Too busy and too stupid. Every paragraph has non stop stupid action going on, never taking a breath. It isnt even realistic.

thumbs down. Boo.
Bree
There were too many slow parts in this book. I skipped some paragraph feeling as if they were unnecessary. It took me longer to read the book then a Red Dress Ink normally takes me. I normally love the Red Dress Ink books but this one has been one of my least favorites.
CharityJ
Read some of the other books in the Red Dress series and liked them but this one was awful. Poorly written, underdeveloped characters, jumps in the plot where it feels like parts of the story are missing and an ending that is too quickly and neatly wrapped up.
Julie
For a buck, at a used book store it filled my brain while the kids watched cartoons at the Hotel, during our vacation! It takes place in Canada, a girl whose life hasn't started yet, gets some twists and turns that ends up a a launderette!
Maria
Honestly, you get to feel bored in the first chapters of the book but after a while you'll get hooked to it. All in all It's a feel good book.
Kim
Super cute read. This is the first book I've read by this particular author and I have to say it certainly won't be the last.
Nikki
Mar 18, 2012 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: friends, fans of chick lit
Enjoyed this chick lit. Good characters, nice story. It was a little slow moving, but it all came together in the end.
Heather Colacurcio
What I would refer to as a "fluff" book, but cute and entertaining none the less. Good as a summer read.
Charity
Blah, compared with other Red Dress Ink books. Seemed like plot development took FOREVER.
Dawn
Cute and enjoyable read.
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
J
J added it
Jul 14, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Merry Bishop
Merry Bishop marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Gemma
Gemma added it
Apr 26, 2015
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
  • Seven Sunny Days
  • Fate and Ms. Fortune
  • Mafia Chic
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Happiness Sold Separately
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • The Last Year Of Being Married (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Girl Talk
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
  • L.A. Woman
Hardly Working Performance Anxiety Lucy, un peu... beaucoup... à la folie Donne in centrifuga Journal d'une apprentie séductrice