Start by marking “Lucy's Launderette” as Want to Read:
Lucy's Launderette

Lucy's Launderette

Twenty-eight-year-old Lucy is at a point in her life when everything is spinning out of control. Despite her degree in fine arts, she is working as a professional gofer for an unbearable art galley owner; her free-spirited grandfather has just passed away, leaving behind his pregnant girlfriend; and she is the only sane member in her eccentric family. But Lucy's road to ha ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Lucy's Launderette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy's Launderette

Jasmine
Feb 15, 2013 Jasmine rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, 2013
Unclear if I'm going to finish this one. Lucy is getting on my nerves, most of the other characters are terrible, and I'm 1/3 of the way in and the damn launderette hasn't even come up yet.

Okay, I actually finished the book and it just made me mad. The launderette finally shows up at halfway through the book and it was good for about 50 pages, and then the crap with her bipolar brother and the annoying love interest starts up again and made finish the book with a lot of eye rolls. Yuck.

Also, the
Karschtl
Sep 09, 2007 Karschtl rated it really liked it
A lot to take for Lucy: the death of her beloved grandfather, whose young girlfriend is pregnant; dad's gone crazy and turned into a rocker, the brother was already crazy and is threatening her; her roommate is mean (and skinny!), her boss is even meaner and treats her like a slave. Her passion - painting - is almost forgotten.

On top of that sex with Mr. Wonderful isn't so wonderful at all (lasts only 3 seconds!!), and no love is involved there.

Rescue comes in form of the launderette from her g
Erin
Jun 01, 2012 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
This is the first Canadian chick-lit I've read - it wasn't much different from the American genre, really, and for the most part it was an easy, enjoyable story.

At the beginning, I felt like I'd been thrown into a mess (who is Anna? Why does everyone have to have a nickname? What happened to Jeremy, Lucy's grandfather?), but things sorted themselves out, even though it took forever to get to the bit about the launderette. It seemed funny to me that such a cool idea for a coin wash could come fro
Wileyacez
Jul 02, 2014 Wileyacez rated it it was ok
This was one of Gracie's gifts;she liked fluffy books during grad school. Thought that since it's summer, I deserved something a bit frothy, too. Wasn't that sugary up until the last few pages; the author worked very hard to avoid giving away her hand up until the bitter end. Grandpa dies, and grandkid Lucy is floundering. Through much trial and error, Lucy gets herself together and finds love.
Beka
May 11, 2013 Beka rated it liked it
Also in my big box of cheap books, this was a fun, fluffy read. There were plenty of flaws, but the main character was quite engaging, and I enjoyed her creative plan for making over her life. The love interest wasn't fleshed out much, but there were several secondary characters who were very well drawn. A fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Rosie
May 07, 2012 Rosie rated it did not like it
I read 50 pages of this and it was one of the stupidest things I have read in a long long time. Not going to finish it. I shouldnt have spent the time reading 50 pages.

Too busy and too stupid. Every paragraph has non stop stupid action going on, never taking a breath. It isnt even realistic.

thumbs down. Boo.
Julie
Aug 31, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it
For a buck, at a used book store it filled my brain while the kids watched cartoons at the Hotel, during our vacation! It takes place in Canada, a girl whose life hasn't started yet, gets some twists and turns that ends up a a launderette!
Bree
Jun 29, 2008 Bree rated it it was ok
There were too many slow parts in this book. I skipped some paragraph feeling as if they were unnecessary. It took me longer to read the book then a Red Dress Ink normally takes me. I normally love the Red Dress Ink books but this one has been one of my least favorites.
CharityJ
Mar 06, 2009 CharityJ rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Read some of the other books in the Red Dress series and liked them but this one was awful. Poorly written, underdeveloped characters, jumps in the plot where it feels like parts of the story are missing and an ending that is too quickly and neatly wrapped up.
Heather Colacurcio
Sep 04, 2008 Heather Colacurcio rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
What I would refer to as a "fluff" book, but cute and entertaining none the less. Good as a summer read.
Stephanie
Enjoyable, quick beach read.
Dawn
May 29, 2014 Dawn rated it liked it
Cute and enjoyable read.
Maria
Feb 17, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok
Honestly, you get to feel bored in the first chapters of the book but after a while you'll get hooked to it. All in all It's a feel good book.
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it it was ok
Blah, compared with other Red Dress Ink books. Seemed like plot development took FOREVER.
Kim
Jan 17, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it
Super cute read. This is the first book I've read by this particular author and I have to say it certainly won't be the last.
Nikki
Apr 03, 2009 Nikki rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: friends, fans of chick lit
Enjoyed this chick lit. Good characters, nice story. It was a little slow moving, but it all came together in the end.
Chiara
Chiara rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2010
Biju
Biju rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Amber Grace
Amber Grace rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2011
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Readingprincess
Readingprincess rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011
Rene Lambert olinghouse
Rene Lambert olinghouse rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Mara Bo
Mara Bo rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Shiloh
Shiloh rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2011
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2009
Bruja Ha
Bruja Ha rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2016
Muriel
Muriel rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Vanessa Lesniak
Vanessa Lesniak rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
  • Seven Sunny Days
  • The Anglophile
  • Fate and Ms. Fortune
  • Hating Valentine's Day
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • Tart
  • Slim Chance
  • Through Thick and Thin
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Happiness Sold Separately
  • A New Lu
  • Dating Without Novocaine
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)