Start by marking “Key Performance Indicators: Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs” as Want to Read:
Key Performance Indicators: Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs

Key Performance Indicators: Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  124 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Revolutionary in performance management, this work demonstrates a new way of breaking performance measures into key result indicators, performance indicators, and key performance indicators. It provides readers with helpful resources including a 12-step model, guidelines, and checklists for each step.
Published January 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Key Performance Indicators, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key Performance Indicators

Zaher Alhaj
Apr 06, 2016 Zaher Alhaj rated it liked it
Shelves: professional
The book focuses more on the management side (communication, elicitation, team building, etc. ) of developing KPIs, and falls short on the technical aspects of how to develop and structure KPIs, although it provides very interesting point onthe concepts of : Result Indicators, and Performance Indicators.
Jose Papo
Apr 04, 2016 Jose Papo rated it it was amazing
I strongly recommend this book if you want to learn deeply about KPIs, PIs, KRIs and RIs. It also stresses the importance of having CSF (Critical Success Factors). Part I, with 5 chapters, it's already worth the price of the book. In Part II the author outlines his methodology to implement KPIs in an organization.

Excellent and recommended!
Kc
Jun 16, 2010 Kc rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I thought this was a very straight forward, step by step guide on implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI). My company is presently working on our strategy and is developing our measurement system. I thought this book was particularly helpful in giving us a path and some key considerations that need to be worked out prior to starting down the path.

I would recommend this book to any of my friends involved in developing measurements for a business strategy.
Anis Mohamed
Mar 06, 2016 Anis Mohamed rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book starts out great, with explanations to the difference between KPIs, PIs, KRIs and RIs, linking them to the main dimensions of a Balanced Scorecard, Dashboards in general, uses, benefits,...etc (chapter 1 & 2)

Then starting chapter 3 is when you imagine that the next step would be how to dig into them, how to properly define them, use them, you only find a step by step guide on how to hold workshops about KPIs, it is not entirely useless, but missing a lot, I needed knowledge not some
Aasim Waheed
A lot of (unnecessary) detail, but good if you are looking for something pre-cooked and want to do the least work. You'll also find some good KPI example that you may apply in your own business
My rating: 6/10
Gatot Widayanto
Sep 07, 2015 Gatot Widayanto rated it really liked it
Very good as reference for those involved in balanced scorecard implementation of simply performance indicators implementation. It explains excellently about performance indicators and KRAs.
Ltorrealba
Apr 01, 2015 Ltorrealba rated it it was ok
Meh, easy read but nothing revolutionary.
Liz
Oct 11, 2011 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like some of the principles, but I have seen many other sources define KPIs differently. I was disappointed that he only had two case steeds in the book and those only had 2 KPIs even though he recommends having up to 20 KPIs of the overall organization. The book was too focused on one exact plan he lays out.
Adam Edwards
Dec 05, 2012 Adam Edwards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KPI (Key Performance Indicator) is overused. Parmenter does a great job in distinguishing between KPI's and KRI's(Key Results Indicators) as well as KPI's vs. plain 'ol "PI's" or Performance Indicators. This is the most useful book I found on KPIs.
Roland Fiege
Apr 24, 2014 Roland Fiege rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Inspiration for my own book project "Social Media Balanced Scorecard"
Arini Tathagati
Dec 12, 2015 Arini Tathagati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. The explanation of KPI concept was easily understood.
Sameh
Sep 19, 2012 Sameh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good one
Joe Adams
Joe Adams rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Jaanus Treilmann
Jaanus Treilmann marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Donglihong
Donglihong marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Ashraf
Ashraf is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2016
Stelvio
Stelvio marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Maurizio Scalari
Maurizio Scalari marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Atif Abdul Rahman
Atif Abdul Rahman rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Israel
Israel marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Eduardo Horai
Eduardo Horai marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Mohammed Alquraishi
Mohammed Alquraishi marked it as to-read
José Luis
José Luis marked it as to-read
Marcelio
Marcelio marked it as to-read
Lidio Ramalho
Lidio Ramalho marked it as to-read
Chadi Nanaa
Chadi Nanaa marked it as to-read
  • Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business
  • The New Russians
  • Quantitative Approaches to Management
  • Robert Kennedy in His Own Words: The Unpublished Recollections of the Kennedy Years
  • America: A Concise History, Volume 2: Since 1865
  • Trump: Surviving at the Top
  • The Revolutionist
  • Benny: Tragedi Seorang Loyalis
  • Key Performance Indicators: The 75 Measures Every Manager Needs to Know
  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea / The Mysterious Island / Journey to the Centre of the Earth / Around the World in Eighty Days
  • The Toyota Way Fieldbook: A Practical Guide for Implementing Toyota's 4Ps