Start by marking “Something's Wrong with Your Scale!: A Romantic Comedy” as Want to Read:
Something's Wrong with Your Scale!: A Romantic Comedy

Something's Wrong with Your Scale!: A Romantic Comedy

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The hilarious new work from Van Whitfield, writer-on-the rise and author of the Blackboard bestseller Beeperless Remote.

In Something's Wrong with Your Scale, Van Whitfield introduces the likeable Sonny Walker, a thirty-something Mr. Nice Guy who's found companionship and comfort with Marsha.The only problem is that he's become too comfortable.Weighing seventy-five pounds m...more
Published January 18th 2000 by Anchor (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Something's Wrong with Your Scale!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something's Wrong with Your Scale!

Donna
I have to say, I really enjoyed this. While I do not have weight issues, I grew up and have continued to be surrounded by those who do- and all the accompanying torture that comes with it: the diet fads, the comments and ridicule, and the sheer personal chaos that ensues. This is a delightful look at all of that. In ways it is reminiscent of Weiner's Good In Bed, but it is coming from a different perspective (an African American male). Fun and poignant at the same time.
Joy
If you have the gaining weight blues or just need to laugh about worrying issues in your life or that you see in the world. This is the book to make you smile. Funny and thought provoking.
Vi Louise
May 16, 2009 Vi Louise rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: light hearted readers
Recommended to Vi Louise by: book club selection
Cute, funny, romantic comedy about losing weight from a male perspective. Several incidents had me laughing out loud.

Very light, mindless reading for chilling out.
Kate
You know you have a weight problem when you work in a sporting goods store and your boss asks you to stand where the new jumbo-sized tent display is going to go, just so he can get an idea of how much space he'll need.
Van Whitfield's Something's Wrong with Your Scale provides a comical look at the journey of a man struggling with his weight. Through the course of the novel, Whitfield points out what's wrong with the numbers people see when they look at a scale.

Sonny, the main character, finds...more
Tamara Evans
Have you ever read a book that is so like you that it's scary? Well, if that's the case, then I've got a book you've got to read. In "Something's Wrong with Your Scale", the reader finds themselves on the wrong side of a relationship gone bad. While most people can't understand what it feels like to be dump because of weight, others will know only to well how it feels.

After getting the dumped, the main character of the book tries to lose weight, only to fail.However, he eventually joins a weight...more
Angela
I picked up this book on a whim at the library. This book was funny and encouraging for all of us who are trying to lose weight. It's a good motivator. I would probably read this book again.
Afrijewel
I cannot remember the details of the book, how I felt or when I completed. But I am sure was a good read (or since I cannot remember you read it). I think it is a romantic comedy about a guy trying to lose weight to win his ex girlfriend back....read it.
Kim
I enjoyed the book - It was really good to hear about weight issues from a male point of view.
Joshua Hutchins
A romantic comedy that made me feel good. When I had to put the book down their was usually reminants of laughter on my face. I think it is this author's best book thus far.
Sandra Menefee
Comical and amusing way to look at your weight problem. I really felt for the guy but admire his decision not to let a person's weight influence if you are their friend or not.
Bernice
Hysterically funny! After reading this, I passed it on to everyone in my family and several of my friends. Everyone loved it! You will laugh out loud - a lot!!!!
Tasha Williams
This book is halarious! A romance and a comedy in one. If you've got a little weight that you want to loose and you're looking for love- this book is for you.
Maria
Aug 31, 2011 Maria rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
OK I have to admit I skipped 100 pages to get to the end. Great story but a little slow and predictable for my tastes.
Tanesha
Quick read for my book club. Some of the dialogue and writing was very elementary, but the storyline was fun.
Martha
Van Whitfield is a Great writer, i like funny things and all of his books have kept me laughing!
Shevi
Very Funny!!!!
Cindy
Cindy is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Talia Rubin
Talia Rubin marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Johanna Berg
Johanna Berg marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Konan Shafiqah
Konan Shafiqah marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Beeperless Remote: A Guy, Some Girls, and His Answering Machine Guys in Suits: A Novel Dad Interrupted: A Novel Guys in Suits The 40-Pound Itch