Start by marking “Animal Attraction” as Want to Read:
Animal Attraction

Animal Attraction

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  924 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Season of (No?) Love.

Jane's life is one giant Conspiracy, with the whole world plotting to keep any chance of romance far, far away. Her social history (17 years, 0 boyfriends) is proof positive of that. But this summer, she's determined to crank it up.

Jane's snagged a gig at the local theme park as part of the star attraction—the Mermaid Show. But then the Conspiracy
Published July 26th 2005 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Animal Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Attraction

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
38th out of 46 books — 266 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanDrive Me Crazy by Erin DowningLove Undercover by Jo Edwards
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies
23rd out of 39 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea
My roommate has this boyfriend who is incredibly annoying mainly because he cracks stupid jokes. He thinks they are funny but they aren't. He calls himself the next Jerry Seinfeld. I'm not joking when I say that.

So I come home from a long 7 hour shift from my job and if none of you have been in retail, let me tell you something. It's brutal. All I want to do is eat a Big Mac and sleep. Unfortunately McDonald's is out of my budget this week. So I settle for the next best thing, reading.

I walk i
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jane needs to pay off the car her parents gave her. So she gets two jobs, one is teaching swimming and the other as a mermaid at the theme park Magic Waters. That is till, she can't be a mermaid and instead dons the beaver costume.

She even helps 17 year old Alex how to swim and the two become a couple. But then why does Jane get jealous when she sees her best friend and Grayson, a co-worker at Magic Waters dancing? Hmm...This is a funny read. Also, that's nice of her parents to cheer Jane up, es
Amanda Yeargin
I choose to read Animal Attraction becase it was a comedy. This book is about a girl named Jane who gets a job as a mermaid in the most boring amusement park ever but then that had to be canceled becuase she has to teach private swimming lessons. But she also gets a different job at the park as a beaver. So when she goes to the house of a rich boy who cant swim she falls in love. So if you want to hear more you better read the book.
I have a text-to-text connection. This relates to another book
Sarah Sammis
Cute so far.Animal Attraction by Jamie Ponti is a young adult romance set in the fictional town of Ruby Beach Florida. Jane is trying to have one last summer of fun before her senior year of high school. The only problem: she has to work two jobs to repay her parents for her "new to her" car.

Jane is a swimmer so her summer job choices are simple: swim coach to beginning swimmers at the local club and Mermaid at the water park. Unfortunately if she's to get a sports scholarship to USC, she can't
Ash R.
This book is about a girl looking for some money and got a job, and meets 2 guys... 1 of them is rich and thinks differently about her, because that's not the real Jane but Bikini Jane. Then she is the real Jane at her job she is totally herself and is Plain Jane. She has to hide secrets, duck low and stay quite, and her friends help her to transform.

I can make a text to self connection because, whenever it comes to a point where I have to keep something a secrets, we have to dig down low.
Its
Arianna
This book starts off really slow, but it picks up later on when she meets Alex, the boy that she is supposed to give swimming lessons to. I found this book to be quite lacking because it just showed the problem of her lack of love life and trying to solve that problem. The only reason I read to the ned was because of the person against the main character. This charscter provided the drama needed for a person to at least be slightly interested in this book. I also thought that the possibility of ...more
Eyari
Sep 19, 2014 Eyari rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
The beginning of this book was really cute, but the conclusion was really disappointing. Maybe it's because I'm somehow too old for this, but I just end up not really liking this story.
Charla
Very cute romantic comedy that's perfect for high school students who like romance with a little laugh now and then.
Tiffany
This was a cute, fun read. Jane is an excellent swimmer who has won state. When she is assigned to give private swimming lessons she isn't very excited. But when she meets Alex she has to become "bikini Jane" in the mean time "regular Jane" has become good friends with Grayson.
Katrina Knittle
A very cute, fast, and short young adult read. Throughout this short book I found myself laughing and smiling. Which is always a good thing when I read a book. Jane is our main character and to me she was just adorable. I loved her parents in this book.
Amber JoLynn
Some people would do anything to get a guy. And sometimes it just works out. This book was a screwball comedy and really just a lot of fun. Totally re-readable.
Gaia
Jul 11, 2008 Gaia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who thinks their life is a conspiracy or hopeless romantics
This book was really good. I read it all in one day. Normally, I can only do that if the whole day is free.
Aly (My Heart Hearts Books)
Short and cute. A light summer read. It's very surface level but it's exactly what I wanted.
Sara ♥
3.5 stars.

Cute! Super-duper cheesy, definitely a simple, YA beach read, but cute! :)
Ariel Koch
Easy Read, not amazing but it gave me something to do.
Hanan
Read this when I was younger. Enjoyed it.
Savannah
Really liked this one :) summer 2010
Katie-Lee
Romance. It was pretty good.
Oliviatheblue
Cute, light, summer read.
Melissa Street
Melissa Street marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • In the Stars
  • Dancing Queen
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Perfect Shot
  • Getting to Third Date
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • She's Got the Beat
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • Love on Cue
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Hard to Get
  • Cupidity
Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies) Prama Sea of Love (The Romantic Comedies) The Romantic Comedies The Green Monster (The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, 12)