Start by marking “Star Wars Tales, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Tales, Vol. 1

Star Wars Tales, Vol. 1 (Star Wars Tales #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  600 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Star Wars Tales contains thrilling stories featuring Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Emperor Palpatine, C-3PO, R2-D2, Lando Calrissian and a cast of thousands! Tales explores every corner of the Star Wars galaxy and keeps readers coming back for more! Star Wars Tales Volume I is sure to delight fans both young and old!
Published January 27th 2004 by Dark Horse Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Tales, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Tales, Vol. 1

Path of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynHeir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDarth Plagueis by James LucenoRule of Two by Drew KarpyshynDynasty of Evil by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
234th out of 321 books — 909 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis2001 by Arthur C. ClarkeDune by Frank HerbertThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Best Books Not Set On Earth
76th out of 148 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly Lynn Thomas
A series that, like "Infinities", explores "what if?" It allows the authors and artists some license to be creative without having to worry about continuity. There are some truly moving stories in "Tales," such as the one about the stormtrooper who has to take point when they board the Tantive IV, and the Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul duel, and the story that shows Vader with 3PO on Cloud City during "Empire".
David Caldwell
This is a collection of short graphic novel stories. The characters range from major players like Darth Vader to very minor like the robot with the bad servo that Luke's uncle almost buys. The stories also range from serious to parodies.

For the most part, I preferred the serious stories that added to the overall story. The little bits of information just add that nice feeling of getting to see behind the curtain of the main stage show. The exception for me was the Jar Jar Binks story. It wasn't
Jeff Lanter
An anthology of short stories set in the Star Wars Universe is an excellent idea. Does the execution pay off? The short answer is in some places. There is a mix of good, average, and bad stories in this collection. The size of the graphic novel (200+ pages) for the cost do help offset this however. Some of the stories that I enjoyed the most were:

Extinction - Darth Vader hunts down a Jedi at the height of the Empire's power. This idea has undoubtedly been explored in more detail since the time o
Fizzgig76
Reprints Star Wars Tales #1-4 (September 1999-June 2000). A long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away, the Force was strong and danger lurked behind every corner. Stories of the battle between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance still rise up and stories of Jedis run deep.

Written by a large collection of some of comics best writers, Star Wars Tales: Volume 1 was a collection of the quarterly Dark Horse Comic Star Wars Tales. Each issue of the series was oversized and contained a number of stori
Khairul H.
The Star Wars Tales trade series (six volumes in total) is probably my personal favourite of all the Star Wars comic trades. The reason being that the writers clearly had fun writing the stories and they never bothered with continuity. Star Wars fans who insist on that should stop reading now. This series is clearly not for you.

With continuity relegated to Sith hell, we get stories where Vader duels with Maul, Han Solo gets sued by Greedo's mom and a history professor/adventurer named Prof. Jon
Kelly K
No set time period. The stories were scattered throughout the timeline.

A few of these stories were greatly amusing. My favorites were "Skippy the Jedi Droid" and "The Making of a Death Star". Some were just okay and others were about a few characters I don't know too much about.
Funny and quirky little stories. I especially liked "Deal with a Demon," "Three Against the Galaxy," "A Death Star is Born," and "Skippy the Jedi Droid."
Kurt Zisa
Great collection of shorts that range from thrilling to the bizarre set in the Star Wars Universe.
Jason Stalides
Fun and in some cases well done stories. Makes me wish the new EU wasn't so cannon obsessed. It was fun to see authors just run with an idea that was part of the Star Wars mythos but not constrained by cannon.
Wesley
A very mixed bag of good stories and really horrible ones. The stories all had different writers and artists so the tone varied wildly from one to the other. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it was a bit jarring because they didn't really have any clear delineation between stories. Turn the page and it's something wildly different....

It does have an early appearance of the infamous Mara Jade written by her creator, Timothy Zahn. She was much taller than I expected.
Phillip
star wars tales is my favorite comic series. sadly no more are being made but nothing good lasts forever. this series will forever change the way you look at star wars. there is so much more then on lucky blond who saves the galaxy. basically a bunch of different comics in one collection. some are serious a lot are funny. overall entertainment. not slapstick but actual entertainment.
Martina
Любимата ми история е A Death Star is born. Още рева от смях на нея! Заслужава си да ги имаш на хартия. Арта е невероятен, жалко че Артлайн май спряха да ги внасят или не знам какво стана, но им изгубих следите, като затвориха магазина на Солунска :(
Michael
This book was okay. For the most part I did not find them very well written though in some cases the base story was mildly interesting. The art was always interesting. I really would not recommend this book.
Simply amazing, made me want to read the whole series of Tales comics, which I am currently trying to do!
Stephanie
Star Wars Tales is the BEST SW COMIC SERIES. It is made of win and genius.
nethaley ⚔
meh... Star Wars isn't really my thing.
Matt
Peter David's always fun.
Katherine Jones
Katherine Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Mark Raphael
Mark Raphael marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Astrid Spanninga
Astrid Spanninga marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Vanya
Vanya is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Carlos Eduardo
Carlos Eduardo marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Nathan Olds
Nathan Olds marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jennifer Koudelka
Jennifer Koudelka marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 2
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
  • Light and Dark (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #4)
  • Last Stand on Jabiim (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3)
  • Star Wars: Infinities - A New Hope
  • Commencement (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #1)
  • Darklighter (Star Wars: Empire, #2)
  • Path to Nowhere (Star Wars: Dark Times, #1)
  • Crimson Empire, Volume 1 (Star Wars: Crimson Empire, #1)
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars: Infinities - Return of the Jedi

Star Wars Tales (6 books)
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 2
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 3
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 4
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
The Frank Book Frank, Vol. 1 Weathercraft Congress of the Animals The Portable Frank