Start by marking “Disneyland Detective: An Independent Guide to Discovering Disney's Legend, Lore, and Magic” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This enthusiastic investigation of Disneyland's hidden treasures leads both first-time visitors and aficionados through the legendary theme park while pointing out tiny surprises around each turn. Helpfully organized as a reading tour, this guidebook features the whereabouts of many of Disneyland's secrets, including the locations of several “Hidden Mickeys,” and original ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Permagrin Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Disneyland Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disneyland Detective

Danielle
I could not believe this was written by a professional writer. If I remember the author info correctly, this isn't her only book, and I'm astounded. The writing was horrible, and the book itself had so many printing errors, I would have guessed she did it herself in Publisher. That aside, of the many Disneyland books I read in preparation for our trip, this one was definitely the most "enthusiastic" as the cover says. Trahan is clearly a fan of Disneyland and can't say enough good things about i ...more
Amy
There's very few books out there on Disneyland I haven't read, but I came across this one and actually learned a few things. One, for example, is that anyone can wake up Jose the Parrot in the Tiki Tiki Room (not just cast members)! All you have to do is ask. :)
Although it was a long and detailed section, I liked how it gave a little history about each of the people who have windows/stores dedicated to them on Main Street.
Kim
Nov 09, 2008 Kim rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: disney
This book needs an editor. It's not quite cohesive, but there's a lot of good information here, if you can get past the erroneous use of the apostrophe.

I would recommend this for a die-hard fan, but not the casual tourist. It's an odd blend of Disney history and fun facts, not entirely balanced or jelled. I'm looking for a better book.
Amy
Great book for Disneyland lovers full of information to add layers to your Disneyland trips. The info make great topics to discuss and share with others in your group while standing in line, including information on some of the hidden Mickeys.

This book is due for an updated version. A lot has changed since this edition of 2005.
Angela
I loved this book! There were so many interesting facts about the history of the park. It was a clever book and well worth reading. I don't know that I would consider it too helpful in actually navigating the park but it's definitely helps you appreciate the history of the park and the work that goes into keeping it up.
Peggi
Aug 15, 2008 Peggi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who love Disney and history
This book has all kinds of insider information about Disneyland. I'm a Disney freak and I enjoy any cool info I can find. It gives funny stories of thigs people have done and said both guests and "cast members." There are also cool things to look for in the park you might otherwise never notice.
Kelli Stephenson
My kids had fun reading the trivia and about the many different rides. They shared the information with us as we waited in line. They went back each night and looked through it after going on rides, so I was happy they were reading on vacation. They found the book very interesting.
Kelly Sermeno
good book on the unknown facts and history behind rides and buildings and meanings behind the names on the windows on main street. Also includes details on hidden mickeys throughout the park. Great book to read before a trip to disneyland to add to the experience.
Richard Harrison
Disneyland Detective: An Independent Guide is par for the course for this type of reader friendly history/trivia genre. It will serve as a good reference but wished it went just a bit farther in its delivery.
Katie Ann
Right before I was going to disney land I read this book. It was great so I could connect to the rides a little more.
When it was talking about main street it got al ittle long,but over all it was a good book.
Valerie
Love this book- it has so many facts and behind the scenes info on Disneyland. My whole family loves it and we always pull it out to read before a trip to the happiest place on earth!
Ronda
Enjoyed more detail about all the attractions at Disneyland. I found out where to look for more hidden Mickey's for our next visit.
Tenille
Love this book. I learned so much about my favorite place to go! There aren't many books about Disneyland that I actually learn from!
Heatherjoy
this book is what first got me into the lore and legends of Disneyland:) It will forever be a favorite in my disney library:)
Sep 08, 2007 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that enjoys Disney
Shelves: domestic-travel
Super interesting!!! Lots of facts and Disney trivia.
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
David
David added it
Jan 26, 2014
Kennady
Kennady marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Melissia
Melissia marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Disney's California Adventure Detective: An Independent Guide to Exploring the Trivia, Secrets and Magic of the Park Dedicated to California