Start by marking “FoxTrot: The Works” as Want to Read:
FoxTrot: The Works

FoxTrot: The Works (FoxTrot Anthologies)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  2,969 ratings  ·  25 reviews
"In far too many comic strips, trendy stereotypes pass for humor, cliches pass for insight, mechanical repetition passes for story, and cut animals designed for merchandising pass for heart and warmth. FoxTrot offers welcome relief from all of this, and not a moment too soon." --Bill Watterson

This treasury edition, FoxTrot: The Works, combines two FoxTrot collections, FoxT
Published January 1st 1990 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about FoxTrot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FoxTrot

Eric Bauman
I hadn't realized that Fox Trot had been around as long as it has. This first treasury contains strips beginning in 1990. The artwork isn't as polished as it would be later, but the characters and the humor are.
Liz
Classically funny and delightful!
Alexander Hammond
"First day on the job, and they treat me like dirt." says Jason Fox as one of the greatest sitcom comics begins. From being terrorized by iguanuas, to falling on your face when you try to make your first kiss, Foxtrot, by Bill Amend is one of the best. The strip starts out as an explaination of all places that have viloence in the world. But, given that it's a comic, funny things happen just around the corner! The characters are Jason, Paige, Peter, Andy, Roger, and Quincy Fox
David Caldwell
When I was working in any of the many bookstores where I was employed and I did not want (or have the time) to read my current book, I would grab one of these collections to read on my too short break. I slowly but surely worked my way through several series. These are great time killers and will usually improve your mood no matter how hectic the day. Laughter can be the best solution to dealing with the public.

A collection of earlier, smaller collections.
FINALLY! This is the first FoxTrot collection I ever read, and it was missing the first entire *half* of the book! I just got a new copy and finally know how the strip begins! Obviously the drawings are a little more raw and off model than the later strips would be, but they still show an extraordinary range of emotion, evoking sympathy and hilarity in equal turns. Really great to start the series from the beginning. Now on to the second collection!
Ari
Feb 19, 2009 Ari rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
Amend is one of the funniest comic artists around. His jokes are funny and hit family relationships squarely on the head. He is a very talented artist, and very imaginative. I love to look for his "Easter eggs" in the form of newspaper articles with comic writer jokes and how from frame to frame the Fox's household picture and magazines will "move". Overall anyone who loves to laugh aloud will enjoy this.
Valerie
The 1st half or so of this book (up to ~p75) is a verbatim copy of the collection FoxTrot. I can't find any annotation of what the rest is from, though I have my suspicions.

Ok, got it--it's from Pass The Loot, which I also have. But it's not strictly redundant, as this edition does have color pages.
angrykitty
love fox trot.....can't believe that it too is no longer being written. no m ore calvin and hobbes, no more far side, no more fox trot.....and yet for better, or worse continues.
David Ward
FoxTrot: The Works by Bill Amend (Andrews and McMeel 1990)(741.5973) appears to be the first collection in the series. Very funny! My rating: 6/10, finished 10/21/11.
Timothy McNeil
Odd to look back on the early visual version of the Fox family, but I was happy too see that I still remember much of the strips I hadn't seen in close to 15 years.
Tatiana
Nov 13, 2007 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tatiana by: nayyera
foxtrot is one of the few cartoons that has ever consistently made me laugh out loud. i can read them over and over again if i need a good cheering-up.
Jim
I've been a die-hard FoxTrot fan for 20 years, and it all started with one of the best Christmas presents I ever received: this book.
Jessica
Just plain fun to read. My son and I read these for years. They are enjoyable--just simple fun.
Cori1312
Love the way the characters develop throughout this book, as well as his drawing skills. :)
Elevetha
Nov 06, 2012 Elevetha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: humor
Holy smokes, I giggle so much while I read these. By far, the best comics out there.
jacky
I really enjoyed this one since it started with the first Foxtrot comic.
Mita
There's no other way of saying it except that FoxTrot is made of awesome. Amen!
Melody Wintrox
Full of comics that will entertain those who have chosen to read it.
Sarah Durkee
I love foxtrot and have read all these books several times.
Melissa
Early 90's comics. So nostalgic!
Abraham Ray
a good comic collection!
Lily
ooohhh this was an old one!
The Mockingjay aka L
i love these comics!
Rhiannon
<3 foxtrot!!!
Nathan Wisuri
Nathan Wisuri marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • A Zits Treasury 01: Humongous Zits
  • Valley of The Far Side
  • Driving Under the Influence of Children: A Baby Blues Treasury
  • Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun: A Get Fuzzy Treasury
  • Lions and Tigers and Crocs, Oh My!: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • Seven Years of Highly Defective People : Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert
Bill Amend is an American cartoonist, best known for his comic strip FoxTrot.
Born as William J. C. Amend III, Amend attended high school in Burlingame, California where he was a cartoonist on his school newspaper. Amend is an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America. He attended Amherst College, where he drew comics for the college paper. He majored in physics and graduated in 1984.
After a short t
More about Bill Amend...

FoxTrot Anthologies (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • FoxTrot en masse
  • FoxTrot, Assembled with Care
  • Foxtrotius Maximus
  • Jam-Packed FoxTrot: A FoxTrot Treasury
  • Wrapped-Up FoxTrot: A Treasury with the Final Daily Strips
Enormously FoxTrot Camp FoxTrot FoxTrot en masse FoxTrot: A FoxTrot Collection FoxTrot, Assembled with Care