Start by marking “Perdition House (Bay Tanner, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perdition House (Bay Tanner, #3)

Perdition House (Bay Tanner #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When a fifth cousin twice removed calls Bay Tanner - a young, recently widowed, financial consultant - from the Beaufort County Jail, it's no accident. Mercer Mary Prescott spent a lot of time and trouble locating Bay on the family tree, and she needs more than bail out of the relationship. What she's really after is a secret she's not willing to reveal-yet. But when Bay g ...more
Published May 16th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Perdition House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perdition House

Brenda
This is the 3rd book in the Bay Tanner series that I've read, the others come later in the series, so this was a nice chance for me to see her earlier sorta speak.
First all, I like how Mrs. Wall write her stories, except when she uses a word that makes me need a dictionary or thesaurus to understand, and not bragging here, but that is rare for me, so I would have to say she uses words that are not common everyday words. That being said, it really doesn't detract from the book, just a small bum
Chris
Sometimes it is not a good idea to answer the phone :-o

Now that Bay has a new twice removed cousin added to her family tree, and one that came with a heavy price paid! It will be interesting to see how she is used in future books in the series.

I enjoyed the twists, the multiple relationships and story lines that kept me interested and alert :-)

An enjoyable series.
Suzanne
Being from SC I love reading a story that is set in my part of the world.

Not sure how I feel about the new cousin and wonder if she will show up in future storylines. I'm hoping for a little more heat between Red and Bay & Darnay and Bay. She needs a little more excitement in her life from the men that are there and not the crazies that appear.
C Hite
New mystery writer I found and really enjoyed this first book for me but her 3rd of the Bay Tanner series. Nook books not available in 1 or 2.
Janice
Just an easy read mystery, the writing is pretty good, and story interesting, nothing profound or special, but well written.
Jan
Sep 23, 2012 Jan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I have liked every one of the books I have read in this series, even though I have not read them in order
Charise
I enjoyed this. It was a great non-murder mystery. And it really made me want to live in South Carolina :)
Kaydee Stasik
I learned a little about Hilton Head Island where a friend lives.
Beth
Feb 19, 2012 Beth added it
Shelves: owned
read because the book takes place in and around Beaufort, SC
Deanna
Good, but not as good as Sanctuary Hill! :)
Mliken L
Boring. Skimmed the last half.
Becky
It's a good mystery series.
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Merihall
Merihall marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
margaret mihalczo
margaret mihalczo marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Melissa Stone
Melissa Stone marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Luann
Luann marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 1)
  • Southern Fried
  • The Family Jewels (A Callahan Garrity Short Story) (Callahan Garrity Mysteries)
  • Artifacts (Faye Longchamp, #1)
  • Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2)
  • A Place in Time: Twenty Stories of the Port William Membership
  • Murder of the Cat's Meow (A Scumble River Mystery, #15)
  • Dead Ex
  • Wormwood (China Bayles, #17)
  • Alligator Lake
  • Gone with the Woof (Melanie Travis, #16)
  • Sweet Jiminy
  • Prospect Street
  • Thread that Runs so True
  • Ghost Gone Wild (Bailey Ruth, #4)
  • The Will of Wisteria
  • The Strangers on Montagu Street (Tradd Street, #3)
202917
Kathy wrote her first story at the age of six, then decided to take a few decades off. She grew up in a small town in northeastern Ohio and attended college in both Ohio and Pennsylvania. For twenty-five years she practiced her profession as an accountant in both public and private practice. In 1994 she and her husband Norman retired to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

Her road to publishing success ha
More about Kathryn R. Wall...
In for a Penny (Bay Tanner, #1) Sanctuary Hill (Bay Tanner, #7) Covenant Hall (Bay Tanner, #9) And Not a Penny More (Bay Tanner, #2) Judas Island (Bay Tanner, #4)