Start by marking “The Art of Kissing, 2nd Revised Edition” as Want to Read:
The Art of Kissing, 2nd Revised Edition
Preview

The Art of Kissing, 2nd Revised Edition

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  23 reviews
In The Art of Kissing, William Cane reveals that there is more to kissing than simply locking lips. Through a hundred thousand interviews he has discovered the truth about what men and women do, think, and feel when they kiss. Their input and his expert knowledge can help you to master the secrets of great kissing.

With specific techniques for more than thirty types of kis
Published February 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published December 15th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Kissing, 2nd Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Kissing, 2nd Revised Edition

Charity
Of course it's a 5!!.. We all know how I love a good kiss.
Jill
It was so much fun to click the "self" shelf when I went perusing my shelves to see where I could put this. Ha! This was a birthday gift/pre-vacation gift from a good friend. It was meant to provide drastic improvements to my vacation. Alas, I read it a bit late for that, but perhaps another time. Mostly I had lots of flashbacks while reading it. There were definitely some laughs. I thought it somewhat instructive but mostly just entertaining. It made me smile several times. Also made me smug th ...more
Tressa
This book is well written and the personal interviews of people's first kiss or best kiss or worst kiss kept it interesting. I just don't understand why someone has to read a book on HOW to kiss. Who doesn't know the art of neck kissing, ear kissing, french kissing, or the 27 other kisses? You didn't know there are 30 different kisses? I didn't either. If you're curious this is the book for you.

There is a useful chapter on how to tell if a guy or gal wants to kiss you. Those hints are oft times
Sara
While unpacking this past week, I found this flirty little book I got at my bridal shower. I thought I would read it through to determine if it was a keeper. It was cute and fun and tasteful. Most of the kisses were old favorites, but there were a few also that made me curious to try. ;)
I liked the comments in each chapter about what guys and gals thought of each type of kiss. Good to know stuff.
For a fun, flirty way to spice up your kissing repertoire, I recommend this book.
*smooches*
Rosalía
Overall, a decent book that taught me several exciting new techniques. I think it is a worthwhile read for the inexperienced kisser, and I would have learned quite a bit twenty years ago. For the bashful young man, it is a textbook for making out successfully.What startled me is that it said 97% of women love to be kissed on the neck, that it drives them wild, makes them crazy. I guess I'm not the only one. Kiss me on my neck and I turn into melted butter.
Helen
I think kissing is both supremely important AND an art AND one of the most fun things you could possibly spend your time doing :oP. Especially with a person who feels the same way about it. I love being adventurous with it and so I love the ideas in this book! And the fact that it even is a book! 4 stars not 5 'cause I can think of even more things that he did not include haha :oP A cute, fluffy little book to have around!
Vicki
Who knew there were so many kinds of kisses. This is a small book so I read it in less than a day. It's am easy read and enjoyable, but not overly informative unless you're new to kissing. I did learn, if only I could remember them all, the names for different styles and types of kisses. I'd recommend reading it with a girl/boyfriend or partner and practicing as you go along. It would make for a fun evening.
Keith Davis
I read a book about kissing. (saddest sentence ever) That is like attending a seminar on partying. Actually, I read it because I sometimes use a random number generator to select books to read. I wondered how long it would take before it picked something embarrassing. The book is interesting and funny, but it helps if you read it in the voice of Tim Meadows' Ladies Man character from SNL.
Alisa
Well, I have now forfilled my promise to a friend and read this friggin book.. Lord help me if she ever asks me to read anything again.

This book is kind of retarded... I understand that some people want to learn how to kiss and need instructions on it.. but.. come on.. dry, wet, sloppy, slobbering,... really, we need to know about all this?
Charlie Tembresa
Ever heard of a “butterfly kiss”? Or maybe “Lip – O – Suction”? If you haven’t, read the book. If you’re bored with French Kissing, read the book. However, take my word for it. Reading the book doesn’t make you a good kisser, practice do.
Hajar Chennani
After reading the book I realised that I'm a good kisser anyway I had fun reading it , at first I thought that it would be full of scientific facts but it turned out to be a funny book :)
Landry
Jun 15, 2007 Landry rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Playful, passionate and flirtatious ... more than just a how-to manual or an overview of technique. The Art of Kissing explores the craft this most intimate form of communication.
Brittany
Haha, I remember reading this book as a joke when I was a kid. It's interesting, that's for sure. Some of it is slightly ridiculous, the way the author waxes on about details.
Fostergrants
this book is cute. i had the older version that i kept in the guest bathroom with other cute little books. guests like cute things. did i mention it was cute?
Lynda
Read this when I was 15. It's a cute and informative book, which gives a 15 year old lots of ideas. Not sure how useful it would be for an adult.
Craig
if kissing came naturally then this book would have never been written. but it doesn't and everyone likes a different kiss. this book is great.
HeavyReader
Jun 21, 2007 HeavyReader rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of kissing
I got this book at the Friends of the Public Library book sale. It's a small book, but includes lots of kissing tips and techniques.
Allison
The books Kristilee sends me crack me up, but they're pretty fun to read. Enjoyable book.
Gheeta
I rather funny little book...Horrible flashbacks to high school and early college.
Lady Natasha
Good, but I liked his Hollywood kissing book better.
super cute book! must read
Alice
How to kiss of course.
Mustafa
Mustafa marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Eva Luna
Eva Luna marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Rebekka
Rebekka marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Cheka
Cheka marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
oh please. 2 13 Jul 31, 2008 11:20AM
  • Intellectual Foreplay: A Book of Questions for Lovers and Lovers-to-Be
  • 1001 Ways to Be Romantic
  • InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook
  • Had Enough?: A Handbook for Fighting Back
  • The Ansel Adams Guide: Basic Techniques of Photography, Book 1 (Ansel Adams Guide to the Basic Techniques of Photography, #1)
  • The Bedford Reader
  • The Soul Bird
  • The View from Serendip
  • Savage Dance (Savage Secrets, #7)
  • Don't Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks
  • En la ardiente oscuridad
  • Indiscretion
  • The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
  • Quills
  • The Film Encyclopedia: The Most Comprehensive Encyclopedia of World Cinema in a Single Volume
  • Route 66: The Mother Road
  • From Vines to Wines: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine
  • The Blue Room
202891
William Cane has had a distinguished career as a professor of English at CUNY and Boston College, where he helped a generation of students improve their prose. Cane is the author of six books, including the international bestseller THE ART OF KISSING (St. Martin’s 1991; revised editions 1995 and 2005), which sold more than 100,000 copies in the U.S. and was translated into nineteen languages. The ...more
More about William Cane...
Write Like the Masters: Emulating the Best of Hemingway, Faulkner, Salinger, and Others The Birth Order Book of Love: How the #1 Personality Predictor Can Help You Find "the One" The Art of Hugging: The World-Famous Kissing Coach Offers Inspiration and Advice on Why, Where, and How to Hug Kiss Like a Star: Smooching Secrets from the Silver Screen The Book of Kisses: A Definitive Collection of the Most Passionate, Romantic, Outlandish, & Wonderful Quotations on the Intimate Art of Kissing