Start by marking “Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror” as Want to Read:
Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror

Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood #1)

Robert R. McCammon, Graham Masterton, Harlan Ellison, Ramsey Campbell and other masters of the macabre take readers into their private world of fear, fantasy, and fatal attraction--in 24 tales of dread and debauchery, riveting stories of sex and terror . . . the fresh fusion that is fast becoming America's obsession.
Published May 1st 1989 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Hot Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Blood

Baby Teeth by Dan RabartsFresh Fear by William   CookRead the End First by Suzanne RobbZippered Flesh by Weldon BurgeDead Harvest by Mark Parker
Best Horror Anthologies
44th out of 353 books — 660 voters
Night Shift by Stephen KingThe Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeSkeleton Crew by Stephen KingBooks of Blood by Clive BarkerTales of the Cthulhu Mythos by H.P. Lovecraft
Short Horror/SciFi Collections
16th out of 136 books — 82 voters

More lists with this book...

Collette
Oct 21, 2008 Collette rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horror fans that like a twist or Vice Versa
Shelves: horror, anthology, gelb
I would have given this a 4.5 if I could have. It was a great little group of stories that elicited many different emotions and actions. They are stories that combine a little sex with a little horror as the title states. I found myself facinated with the woman that through sex could take over her lovers' bodies and chuckling over The Thang (sometimes you get what you ask for) and grossed out by The Meat Market.
These little anthologies are not for everyone but if you are a horror fan or an erot
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

This weird cover and book has short stories from such a great ensemble – Graham Masterton, Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, F. Paul Wilson, Ramsay Campbell, that I had to pick it up. Not to mention, of course, that the erotic horror theme is interesting if done right.

Overall it was a worthy anthology; not erotic, but some disturbing stuff here and there, others creepy, others just strange.

The first story by Graham Masterton was average. The story was creative and out there, but not too crazy about
Brad
Sep 25, 2008 Brad rated it really liked it
There is a line of thought that sex and horror (death) are linked; and it's not just because Hammer horror films started integrating nudity by the late 60's and a lot of people grew up on them.

The link seems to be loss of control. Great sex culminates in a white hot primal climax that renders both parties momentarily incapable of rational thought. In good relationships this mutually beneficial loss of cognoscent abilities is not noticed. The physical is all that matters and that's becuase the pa
Rhonda
Jan 28, 2009 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2009
I've had the HOT BLOOD books (or most of them anyway) setting on my shelf for many years now and I kept saying I was going to get to them and just kept putting them off. Now that I've read this one... I can't believe I kept putting them off! I can't say that I absolutely loved EVERY story in this book, but there are some great pieces within this one book as there are twenty-five stories and authors to choose from. I was introduced to many authors I have never read and some I had never even heard ...more
Charles
Jul 04, 2009 Charles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I thought this was a really cutting edge anthology with some really find stuff in it. And then there was "The Thang," by Robert McCammon. I won't call it good. It was horrible, in a way. But damn it sure was memorable.
Aug 15, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Hot indeed. I needed a cold shower AND a change of pants. Oh, from peeing them in fright, not because...well, never mind.
Joe Stamber
May 23, 2012 Joe Stamber rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Hot Blood 1 is a collection of over 20 short stories, supposedly on an "Erotic Horror" theme, although my edition is subtitled "Tales of Provocative Horror" instead. The stories are of varying lengths, from just a few pages to around 30 in some cases. As is usually the case with collections, the quality varies from pretty good, through not bad, to what the...?

I found the title to be a little misleading. While there are horror and sexual elements to many of the stories, I can't agree that this is
Kimngan Tran
Daughter of the golden west Dennis Etchison 1
Meat market John Skipp
Daniel
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 3.0 of 5

I've always had a passion for well-written horror stories, though they can be difficult to find as many authors (as in the horror films) make them more about blood and gore rather than a psychological horror. There's also a fine line between the adrenaline rush from being scared and the adrenaline rush from being sexually aroused, so combining the two makes for a twisted kind of sense.

Hot Blood is the first anthology in a
Gerald
Feb 11, 2015 Gerald rated it really liked it
Hot Blood is very enjoyable, a nice anthology of tales with the erotic/horror themes. Lots of very talented writers adding in their stories, and it's a winner. Mt favorite stories, "The Changeling" "The Thang" "Aunt Edith," and "Vengeance Is".
Timothy Boyd
Nov 01, 2014 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
A nice collection of short stories that are more erotic than horror. Recommended
Karla
Jun 17, 2014 Karla rated it really liked it
Big fan of horror so these were right up my alley (a dark and spooky one).
Stefanie Von Guest
Feb 27, 2012 Stefanie Von Guest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Yes this book is dated, so you can't really expect it to be horrific in nature with gratuitous sex scenes, however it does live up to it's genre. The short stories in this book are all different and all have a mix of different supernatural and horror elements. Well written and interesting plotlines. My personal favourite in the anthology is the short story called " Chocolate".
Hakan
Dec 01, 2011 Hakan rated it liked it
Mixed bag of short stories, some i liked very much (especially the last one about photography), some were more meh... But on average, a nice opportunity to have little somethings to read while waiting for the public transportation to arrive.
Patrick
Oct 26, 2013 Patrick rated it it was amazing
The Hot Blood series is exactly what it says it is: An anthology of short stories that does an excellent job of mixing horror and erotica. Every book in the series is an excellent read.
Jaime Contreras
Aug 02, 2013 Jaime Contreras rated it did not like it
I reread this last holiday and finished it in January 2012. I found it sublime and somewhat boring and predicatable. MCCammon's was the best short story.
Cescann
Apr 20, 2010 Cescann rated it it was amazing
Dont' let the name fool you. This collection of stories are much smarter and far more entertaining then you would expect from the title alone.
Amber
Feb 15, 2012 Amber rated it liked it
Very interesting and somewhat disturbing shorts. I'm still trying to figure out a few. :)
Jackie
Jun 03, 2009 Jackie rated it really liked it
I read this years ago but I recently bought 2 copies on ebay and will be reading it again. =)
Stephen
Aug 20, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it
There's a story about a dude becoming a chick in this thing! Yowza!
Tomas
Feb 01, 2011 Tomas rated it it was amazing
Terrific stories. I must get again. Eventually I will.
David Vanness
Jul 29, 2013 David Vanness rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-have
my copy is same cover & pages but Hardback.
Navid
Jun 30, 2007 Navid rated it really liked it
Has Worth to read...
bluetyson
isbn,original
Leone Brown
Leone Brown rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Brian Bentley
Brian Bentley rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Charles Deason
Charles Deason marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Mark Long
Mark Long rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
  • I Shudder at Your Touch
  • Stalkers
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • Dark Love
  • The Museum of Horrors
  • Silver Scream
  • Little Deaths
  • Love in Vein: Twenty Original Tales of Vampiric Erotica
  • Best New Horror 14 (The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, #14)
Jeff Gelb is a former disc jockey and music columnist who created the SHOCK ROCK series of music-based horror fiction. He has also written a number of short stories, including Graveyard Shift, The Last Victim and The Portrait. In 2001, he collaborated with Max Allan Collins to create the anthology series FLESH AND BLOOD, tales of erotic noir from some of the finest writers in crime fiction. Mr. Ge ...more
More about Jeff Gelb...

Hot Blood (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Hotter Blood: More Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood, #2)
  • Hottest Blood: The Ultimate in Erotic Horror  (Hot Blood, #3)
  • Deadly After Dark (Hot Blood, #4)
  • Seeds of Fear (Hot Blood, #5)
  • Stranger by Night (Hot Blood, #6)
  • Fear the Fever (Hot Blood, #7)
  • Kiss and Kill (Hot Blood, #8)
  • Crimes of Passion (Hot Blood, #9)
  • Hot Blood X (Hot Blood, #10)
  • Fatal Attractions (Hot Blood, #11)