Start by marking “Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood, #1)

Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  620 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Robert R. McCammon, Graham Masterton, Harlan Ellison, Ramsey Campbell and other masters of the macabre take readers into their private world of fear, fantasy, and fatal attraction--in 24 tales of dread and debauchery, riveting stories of sex and terror . . . the fresh fusion that is fast becoming America's obsession.
Published May 1st 1989 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Hot Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Blood

Baby Teeth by Dan RabartsFresh Fear by William CookRead the End First by Suzanne RobbHorror for Good by Mark ScioneauxZippered Flesh by Weldon Burge
Best Horror Anthologies
40th out of 300 books — 496 voters
Orchid by Shane K.P. O'NeillThe Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeNight Shift by Stephen KingTales of the Cthulhu Mythos by H.P. LovecraftSkeleton Crew by Stephen King
Short Horror/SciFi Collections
17th out of 108 books — 71 voters

More lists with this book...

Collette
Oct 21, 2008 Collette rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Horror fans that like a twist or Vice Versa
Shelves: horror, anthology, gelb
I would have given this a 4.5 if I could have. It was a great little group of stories that elicited many different emotions and actions. They are stories that combine a little sex with a little horror as the title states. I found myself facinated with the woman that through sex could take over her lovers' bodies and chuckling over The Thang (sometimes you get what you ask for) and grossed out by The Meat Market.
These little anthologies are not for everyone but if you are a horror fan or an erot
Erin (*is in a reviewing slump*)

This weird cover and book has short stories from such a great ensemble – Graham Masterton, Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, F. Paul Wilson, Ramsay Campbell, that I had to pick it up. Not to mention, of course, that the erotic horror theme is interesting if done right.

Overall it was a worthy anthology; not erotic, but some disturbing stuff here and there, others creepy, others just strange.

The first story by Graham Masterton was average. The story was creative and out there, but not too crazy about
Brad
There is a line of thought that sex and horror (death) are linked; and it's not just because Hammer horror films started integrating nudity by the late 60's and a lot of people grew up on them.

The link seems to be loss of control. Great sex culminates in a white hot primal climax that renders both parties momentarily incapable of rational thought. In good relationships this mutually beneficial loss of cognoscent abilities is not noticed. The physical is all that matters and that's becuase the pa
Rhonda
I've had the HOT BLOOD books (or most of them anyway) setting on my shelf for many years now and I kept saying I was going to get to them and just kept putting them off. Now that I've read this one... I can't believe I kept putting them off! I can't say that I absolutely loved EVERY story in this book, but there are some great pieces within this one book as there are twenty-five stories and authors to choose from. I was introduced to many authors I have never read and some I had never even heard ...more
Charles
I thought this was a really cutting edge anthology with some really find stuff in it. And then there was "The Thang," by Robert McCammon. I won't call it good. It was horrible, in a way. But damn it sure was memorable.
Hot indeed. I needed a cold shower AND a change of pants. Oh, from peeing them in fright, not because...well, never mind.
Joe Stamber
Hot Blood 1 is a collection of over 20 short stories, supposedly on an "Erotic Horror" theme, although my edition is subtitled "Tales of Provocative Horror" instead. The stories are of varying lengths, from just a few pages to around 30 in some cases. As is usually the case with collections, the quality varies from pretty good, through not bad, to what the...?

I found the title to be a little misleading. While there are horror and sexual elements to many of the stories, I can't agree that this is
Timothy Boyd
A nice collection of short stories that are more erotic than horror. Recommended
Karla
Big fan of horror so these were right up my alley (a dark and spooky one).
Stefanie Von Guest
Yes this book is dated, so you can't really expect it to be horrific in nature with gratuitous sex scenes, however it does live up to it's genre. The short stories in this book are all different and all have a mix of different supernatural and horror elements. Well written and interesting plotlines. My personal favourite in the anthology is the short story called " Chocolate".
Hakan
Mixed bag of short stories, some i liked very much (especially the last one about photography), some were more meh... But on average, a nice opportunity to have little somethings to read while waiting for the public transportation to arrive.
Patrick
The Hot Blood series is exactly what it says it is: An anthology of short stories that does an excellent job of mixing horror and erotica. Every book in the series is an excellent read.
Jaime Contreras
I reread this last holiday and finished it in January 2012. I found it sublime and somewhat boring and predicatable. MCCammon's was the best short story.
Cescann
Dont' let the name fool you. This collection of stories are much smarter and far more entertaining then you would expect from the title alone.
Amber
Very interesting and somewhat disturbing shorts. I'm still trying to figure out a few. :)
Jackie
I read this years ago but I recently bought 2 copies on ebay and will be reading it again. =)
Stephen
There's a story about a dude becoming a chick in this thing! Yowza!
Tomas
Terrific stories. I must get again. Eventually I will.
David Vanness
my copy is same cover & pages but Hardback.
Navid
Has Worth to read...
bluetyson
isbn,original
Ann Olea
Ann Olea marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Sir Douglas
Sir Douglas marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Steven Wooten Jr
Steven Wooten Jr marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Hamssa Adel
Hamssa Adel marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Admond Rays
Admond Rays marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
  • Stalkers
  • I Shudder at Your Touch
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • Midnight Graffiti
  • Love In Vein II
  • The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 14
  • Dark Forces: New Stories of Suspense and Supernatural Horror
  • The Dark: New Ghost Stories
Jeff Gelb is a former disc jockey and music columnist who created the SHOCK ROCK series of music-based horror fiction. He has also written a number of short stories, including Graveyard Shift, The Last Victim and The Portrait. In 2001, he collaborated with Max Allan Collins to create the anthology series FLESH AND BLOOD, tales of erotic noir from some of the finest writers in crime fiction. Mr. Ge ...more
More about Jeff Gelb...
Hotter Blood: More Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood, #2) Hottest Blood: The Ultimate in Erotic Horror  (Hot Blood, #3) Shock Rock, Volume I Deadly After Dark (Hot Blood, #4) Stranger by Night (Hot Blood, #6)