Start by marking “The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life” as Want to Read:
The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life

The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  8 reviews
We live in an age of fibreglass but we're still looking for the sacred values of life. In this second anthology of writings and talks, Yogananda addresses the deepest needs of the human heart.
Published November 1st 1996 by Self-Realization Fellowship Publishers (first published March 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Divine Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divine Romance

Out of the Box Awakening by Jennifer TheriotEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertFrom Hurt to Happiness by Mike VanHe's Just Not That Into You by Greg BehrendtDomination & Submission by Michael Makai
Best Books to Get Over a Break Up
54th out of 75 books — 119 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by BelsebuubThe Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Best Spiritual Books
476th out of 501 books — 485 voters

More lists with this book...

Donna Quesada
This is part of an anthology of collected talks by the beloved Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda, which includes, The Divine Romance, Man's Eternal Quest and Journey to Self-Realization. They are beyond review. They are what I keep in my own nightstand and what I open during times of trouble. They are what I travel with and what I share with others when authentic spiritual guidance is sought.

These timeless teachings are practical, but wholly genuine. Dear Paramahansa Yogananda is forthright, but lovi...more
Tracy Murphy
A great collection of essays by the Yogananda.
Vanessa
Insightful and full of genuine love and grace. This is one of the few books of teachings I have turned to and found comfort in during times of confusion or distress.
The writing is not obscure or vague in meaning at all; even a person who knows little about religion or esoteric subjects could open to a chapter, understand what is written, and put it to use in their life. :)
Highly recommended.
Adrienna
His love for God was unbelievable, we need to be more like this...however, I am not sure if he was Buddist or Hindu religion though.
Vicki
Toss up between this book and Man's Eternal Quest in terms of greatness. This, to me, is spirituality.
Dr Manoj
Great book...tells you how to live your life
Yma
Wonderful subject matter, by a wonderful man!
Muktika
love it
Maria Do
Maria Do marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Oshovenu (dr.venugopal)
Oshovenu (dr.venugopal) marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Renu
Renu marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Deeya
Deeya marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Eriksson Arthur
Eriksson Arthur marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Sunita Verma
Sunita Verma marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Frances Johnson
Frances Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Patwa Haweli
Patwa Haweli marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Cb
Cb marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Manoj
Manoj marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Vania Perez
Vania Perez marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Pani
Pani marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
  • Living with the Himalayan Masters
  • Stages Of Meditation
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Galileo's Finger: The Ten Great Ideas of Science
  • Mistress of the Pearl (The Pearl Saga, #3)
  • The China Price: The True Cost of Chinese Competitive Advantage
  • The Fox; The Captain's Doll; The Ladybird
  • Yuganta: The End of an Epoch
  • Stalky & Co.
  • The Flight from the Enchanter
  • Flux
  • Murder at the ABA
  • 101 Places Not to See Before You Die
  • Meditation: A Simple Eight-Point Program for Translating Spiritual Ideals into Daily Life
  • Don't Know Much About Geography: Everything You Need to Know About the World but Never Learned
  • The Crown of Columbus
  • Abandonment to Divine Providence
  • Lance Armstrong's War
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগানন্দ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानं‍द Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুন্দ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi .
More about Paramahansa Yogananda...
Autobiography of a Yogi Man's Eternal Quest: The Collected Talks and Essays: 1 (Collected Talks & Essays) The Bhagavad Gita: Royal Science of God-Realization The Yoga of Jesus: Understanding the Hidden Teachings of the Gospels Metaphysical Meditations