Start by marking “My Struggle with Faith” as Want to Read:
My Struggle with Faith

My Struggle with Faith

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The author of the bestselling Joshua series and other popular inspirational books chronicles his own spiritual journey and describes with stunning honesty the difficult decisions he made along the way.

Joseph Girzone has attracted a tremendous following with his series of novels that imagine Jesus living in the contemporary world. His nonfiction writings and talks on spirit
Published May 30th 2006 by Doubleday Religion

To ask other readers questions about My Struggle with Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Struggle with Faith

Diane
Author of the JOSHUA series of books has written a refreshing and enlightening series of short essays about his faith/doubt/search journey. Particularly appealing to me were his fresh insights into the old familiar gospel stories about Jesus, and his rationale for his close reading of the early church fathers. Girzone relies on the earliest believers who did not know Jesus personally -- called the Desert Fathers and early Church Fathers -- to give him (and us) additional insights about the conti ...more
Dave Mackey
Joseph Girzone's book is amazing. While I don't agree with more than a few points of his theology, his clarity and passion is evident throughout and I highly recommend this small volume. I hope to write a multi-part response to his book, highlighting both what hit me strongest and also the areas in which Girzone's theology most significantly deviates from 'evangelical' theology.
Malcolm
Good book by a retired catholic priest. His comments about the church, Jeusus and God are interesting however, given the title of the book, I finished it with little sense of his struggle. He is author of the Joshua books which I have not read, but would like to read sometime.
Beth
It wa so refreshing to read that not everyone affiliated with the Catholic Church is out of touch with the needs of people today. Such a shame Father Girzone is retired - I would still be a member of the Catholic Church if there were more priests like him.
Troy
A light read. He seemed to focus on alot of flimsy annecdotes to provide examples which made most of his points weak. I thought this would be a little more personal story, given the title. He just didn't speak to me, or strike any intrest.
Laurie
I loved Fr. Girzoze's insights into his struggles with his faith. I have read his Joshua books and would never have thought that he would have the same struggles as we all do keeping our faith.
Belva
Joseph Girzone brings up a lot of questions I had but hadn't articulated even to myself. I plan to reread it a little slower and check into some of the answers he gave to questions he had.
Patrick
Oct 18, 2007 Patrick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE
this book should be read by every Catholic who has ever strugled with their faith.
Teresa
Could not get into this one!
Gary Hanes
Gary Hanes marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Tiffany Young
Tiffany Young marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Chelsea Kowal
Chelsea Kowal is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Michelle Bartleman
Michelle Bartleman marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Maria Marcellino-snyder
Maria Marcellino-snyder marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Katrina Duncan
Katrina Duncan marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Helen Hudson
Helen Hudson marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Sabine Terky
Sabine Terky marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Bobbie Hraba
Bobbie Hraba marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Angelynn Dickens
Angelynn Dickens marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
GJ Rowe
GJ Rowe marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
FROM PUBLISHER:
JOSEPH F. GIRZONE retired from the active priesthood in 1981 due to health reasons, and embarked on a second career as a writer and speaker.

In 1995 he established the Joshua Foundation, an organization dedicated to making Jesus better known throughout the world.

His bestselling books include Joshua, A Portrait of Jesus, and Never Alone. He lives in Altamont, New York.
More about Joseph F. Girzone...
Joshua Joshua and the Children Joshua and the City Joshua and the Shepherd Joshua In The Holy Land

“If you want to have peace of soul, learn to forgive. Jesus' secret was His ability to see into people's hearts. Seeing their anguish and pain helped Him to understand their nastiness. So He could pity them rather than become angry with them. That is what we have to do: try to understand the pain in people's lives...and not take personally what they do to us.” 10 likes
“I learned that I was never alone, that there was Someone always very close by and, indeed, within me, giving me strength in times of weakness and desolation, light in times of darkness, joy in times of great sorrow and pain, and the will to struggle on when continuing seemed futile.” 6 likes