Start by marking “Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told: V. 1” as Want to Read:
Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told: V. 1

Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told: V. 1

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  4 reviews
SUPERMAN: THE GREATEST STORIES EVER TOLD features the first and greatest super hero the world has ever known: Superman Witness the events that have made The Man of Steel one of the most recognizable icons on the planet, captivating audiences and sparking imaginations
Published 2004 by Titan Books (UK) (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Adam Graham
This second take on the Greatest Superman Stories divides the collection into two volumes. This first volume collects 10 Superman stories.

Most of these have been reprinted elsewhere either in Decade collections or in the previous version of the Greatest Superman Stories ever told, but that can also be taken as a measure of the quality of the work and that the compilers generally got things right.

The book begins with a somewhat dry introduction by Michael Uslan.

Next up is the origin of Superman
Matt Garcia
Great introduction to the character of Superman. His origin, morals, motives and personality are explored throughout this collection and his evolution over the years was intriguing to see. While I am not a big Superman fan, I now have a newfound respect for the character that was previously lacking. Solid collection showcasing "The Man of Steel"
Patrick
The best story in the whole book, by far is the very first story. Superman takes Hitler and Stalin to the World court.
Lloyd
This one is another step along my personal journey to discovering what everyone says are the best Superman stories ever done. I had pooled resources and a few of the stories on everyone's lists appeared in this book, so I picked it up.

While I'm not anywhere near the encyclopedic knowledge I wish to have of Superman and his adventures, I've read a good many Superman stories... and I'm sad to say that this book does not have many of what I myself consider the greatest.

I mean, this book is a grea
Khadiga Adel
Khadiga Adel marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Christine Semanek
Christine Semanek marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Suzannah
Suzannah marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 05, 2015
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Mary Mathers
Mary Mathers marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Mr.
Mr. marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Mike Day
Mike Day marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jerome "Jerry" Siegel, who also used pseudonyms including Joe Carter, Jerry Ess, and Herbert S. Fine, was the American co-creator of Superman (along with Joe Shuster), the first of the great comic book superheroes and one of the most recognizable icons of the 20th century.
He and Shuster were inducted into the comic book industry's Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 1992 and the Jack Kirby Hall
More about Jerry Siegel...
The Superman Chronicles, Vol. 1 Showcase Presents: Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 1 Showcase Presents Superman, Volume 1 The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 1