Start by marking “Love and Logic Magic: When Kids Drain Your Energy (Parenting with Love and Logic)” as Want to Read:

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Get ready to laugh, learn and take exhaustion and frustration out of parenting
Audio CD
Published January 1st 2004 by Love and Logic Institute

To ask other readers questions about Love and Logic Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Logic Magic

Jay
FYI - this is a lecture, not a book.
Having said that, it's a pretty decent hour-long lecture. In my opinion, Mr. Fay presents three major points: using an "energy drain" technique, repeatedly using "I know" when kids try to counter a consequence they've 'earned', and that trying to argue or 'talk sense into' an upset kid never works.
I didn't agree with everything he shared, but it was worth the listen - if nothing more than to help the parent analyze how they are handling the inevitable difficul
Chelsea Merkley
This is an hour long Lecture by Jim Fay who has worked with Children as a Teacher and a Principal in many schools. His son is a School Psychologist. I really like his Love and Logic approach and techniques, in raising children.
Sara
This is actually an hour long cd. Right after I listened to it I probably would have given it about 3 1/2 stars, but now that I have tried out some of the parenting techniques for a few days I gave it 5 stars.
Jan
Mar 10, 2012 Jan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, audio
Nails my kid perfectly. I've already tried one of the techniques and it worked. The hard part is going to be staying consistent both with how often I use this and with both parents.
Abbey
I don't agree with everything but I'll take a little advice every once in awhile... when my kids are acting nuts.
Sharon
Audio--- Loved it, everyone needs to hear these lectures and take stock! Highly recommend it.
Sharon
Becky
This cd has saved me over and over again. It makes lots of parenting problems simple to solve.
Andrea
Love this CD - I listen to it at least once a year or so as a "refresher course"!
Heather
Oct 12, 2010 Heather marked it as to-read
Would love this CD!! Even for a refresher course periodically.
Joanne
This was good.. short and sweet. Always good to get more examples.
Sheree
Lots of good love and logic situations and examples
Patrick Peterson
Mar 16, 2010 Patrick Peterson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents
Recommended to Patrick by: www.loveandlogic.com
I have the Audio CD not the book. CD is great.
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Eric Blommel
Eric Blommel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Danielle Karney
Danielle Karney marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sgb
Sgb marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Brandi White-haymore
Brandi White-haymore marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Drumbabe Klang
Drumbabe Klang is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
Sarah Mcmichael
Sarah Mcmichael marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Heather Burden
Heather Burden marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
stagescholar
stagescholar marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
B'wile'd
B'wile'd marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood Teaching with Love and Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom Love and Logic Magic When Kids Leave You Speechless Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility From Innocence to Entitlement: A Love and Logic Cure for the Tragedy of Entitlement