Start by marking “Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Aunt Bee and her friends have stirred up a cookbook that brings home all the flavor of "The Andy Griffith Show's" Mayberry. You'll enjoy most of the 300 mouth-watering recipes (but not all―included is the recipe for Kerosene Cucumbers) for the foods served by Aunt Bee and others in Mayberry.

Published October 26th 2000 by Rutledge Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

Mom's Island Bakens by Martha Char LoveFix-it and Forget-it Cookbook by Dawn J. RanckBetty Crocker's New Cookbook by Betty CrockerFrench Farmhouse Cookbook by Susan Herrmann LoomisHow To Cook in a Jiffy Even If You Have Never Boiled an Egg B... by Prasenjeet Kumar
Cookbooks I Often Use
11th out of 31 books — 20 voters
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini TaylorFallen by Lauren KateDivergent by Veronica RothUnwind by Neal ShustermanA Million Suns by Beth Revis
blue book cover
148th out of 307 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
Just $0.99 for today's Kindle Deal:

Blurb...

From good old-fashioned, down-home cooking to some of Mayberry's more unusual meals, you'll discover favorite Mayberry-style
Lori
this is a cookbook but a rather unique one. I read it because i am a fan of the Andy Griffith Show. all the recipes are ones that could have come from Aunt Bees cooking. all the recipes are from cooks from the southern states. some of the recipes are from actual cast members from the Andy Griffith show. for some fun added to this cookbook,there are pictures of the cast. some of the pictures features a bit of a biography of the character. also included are some short scripts from the show usually ...more
Rachel
Lots of fat and sugar and few spices. Go for the desserts.
Xyra
I love this cookbook! There are several recipes I go back to time and again because they are so tasty. Included among the recipes are photos and quotes and information from and about the Andy Griffith Show. I'm pretty sure if the food was mentioned on the show, the recipe made it here. Including the famous peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

One of the great things about the layout of this book is the spiral binding. It stays open! Those you who still use books when cooking understand how importan
Cherei
This had plenty of recipes... but, even better.. lots of background stories of the series. I like that it was more than just Aunt Bee's recipes but included recipes that were made in nearly every main character's home in Mayberry! A book that takes you back in time and reminds you of the things in life that truly matter.. Family and friends. Nothing says love.. more than a gathering around the dining room table or sitting on the couch.. sharing a meal.. and sharing unconditional love!
Vera
Watched the Andy Griffith as a child and now as reruns. Characters become like people we know. Lots of the recipes that Aunt Bee Cooked and also Barney's Famous Boarding House Chili. Who could ever forget Aunt Bee's Pickles or her Apple Pie??
Book is also filled with pics and writing of various shows. Has found a place with my fav cookbooks. I'm sure I'll use lots.
Didn't put a date I finished, since will be using over and over. Recommend to others.
Cristina
A trip back to Mayberry. I loved the show and the characters. This book is more than a cookbook. It brings back a lot of memories. Most of the recipes are wonderful and very easy to follow.
Peggy
Jul 07, 2010 Peggy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes cookbooks are to reminisce about tv in the 60's
Recommended to Peggy by: a wedding gift
I really liked the recipes in this book. Lots of good old food like Granny made. All sorts of anecdotes about the TV show and comments from the characters about Aunt Bee's cooking. The recipes are a compliation of cast members' contributions and recipes from all over the US. It was a fun book to read and I think I might make some of Aunt Bee's recipes. This neat cookbook was one of two cookbooks that my sister received as a wedding present.
Theresa
Oct 22, 2009 Theresa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Theresa by: My mother
Shelves: cookbooks
I just love this book! It was a gift from my mother, because she knew how much I loved the Andy Griffith Show growing up. The book is full of photos and great trivia from the show, plus tons of fantastic recipes that you'll want to make again and again.
Eileen
Love this cookbook. Friend gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago. So much fun. Recipes good. Stories good...! :0)
Kecia
Aug 27, 2007 Kecia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Aunt Bee's fans
Shelves: cookbooks
I picked this up over the weekend for a dollar at the YMCA Book Fair - just in case I ever need to cook Hoot Owl Pie!
Debra Hennessey
So much fun! Get it for the Checkpoint Chickie Pan Pie. The Kerosene Cucumbers are in there too.
Carmen
Jul 22, 2008 Carmen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cheri, Jackie, Ella, Jennifer
Recommended to Carmen by: Saw in store
Love this cookbook. Has lots of good story lines from the Andy Griffith Show.
Rachel
Best Cookbook EVER!!!!!!!
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Linda "La La"
Linda "La La" marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
pan card application form 1 1 Apr 05, 2012 12:13PM
The Bluegrass Music Cookbook The All-American Truck Stop Cookbook Animal Magnetism: An Illustrated Guide to TV's Most Famous Pets