Start by marking “Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

Aunt Bee and her friends have stirred up a cookbook that brings home all the flavor of "The Andy Griffith Show's" Mayberry. You'll enjoy most of the 300 mouth-watering recipes (but not all?included is the recipe for Kerosene Cucumbers) for the foods served by Aunt Bee and others in Mayberry.

From good old-fashioned, down-home cooking to some of Mayberry's more unusual meals
Published October 24th 2000 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook

Xyra
Mar 10, 2015 Xyra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I love this cookbook! There are several recipes I go back to time and again because they are so tasty. Included among the recipes are photos and quotes and information from and about the Andy Griffith Show. I'm pretty sure if the food was mentioned on the show, the recipe made it here. Including the famous peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

One of the great things about the layout of this book is the spiral binding. It stays open! Those you who still use books when cooking understand how importan
Lori
Mar 21, 2015 Lori rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
this is a cookbook but a rather unique one. I read it because i am a fan of the Andy Griffith Show. all the recipes are ones that could have come from Aunt Bees cooking. all the recipes are from cooks from the southern states. some of the recipes are from actual cast members from the Andy Griffith show. for some fun added to this cookbook,there are pictures of the cast. some of the pictures features a bit of a biography of the character. also included are some short scripts from the show usually ...more
Christy
Dec 12, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I'm a long time fan of The Andy Griffith Show so I new I would enjoy this one. Interesting, quirky recipes such as Aunt Bees Kerosene Cucumbers. One of my favorite episodes! Loaded with pictures and commentary from the many black and white episodes over the years. A true treasure for fans of the much beloved show. It also has Charlene's Fish Muddle recipe!
Rachel
Apr 11, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots of fat and sugar and few spices. Go for the desserts.
Peggy
Jul 07, 2010 Peggy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes cookbooks are to reminisce about tv in the 60's
Recommended to Peggy by: a wedding gift
I really liked the recipes in this book. Lots of good old food like Granny made. All sorts of anecdotes about the TV show and comments from the characters about Aunt Bee's cooking. The recipes are a compliation of cast members' contributions and recipes from all over the US. It was a fun book to read and I think I might make some of Aunt Bee's recipes. This neat cookbook was one of two cookbooks that my sister received as a wedding present.
Vera
Jun 09, 2014 Vera rated it it was amazing
Watched the Andy Griffith as a child and now as reruns. Characters become like people we know. Lots of the recipes that Aunt Bee Cooked and also Barney's Famous Boarding House Chili. Who could ever forget Aunt Bee's Pickles or her Apple Pie??
Book is also filled with pics and writing of various shows. Has found a place with my fav cookbooks. I'm sure I'll use lots.
Didn't put a date I finished, since will be using over and over. Recommend to others.
Cherei
May 01, 2015 Cherei rated it it was amazing
This had plenty of recipes... but, even better.. lots of background stories of the series. I like that it was more than just Aunt Bee's recipes but included recipes that were made in nearly every main character's home in Mayberry! A book that takes you back in time and reminds you of the things in life that truly matter.. Family and friends. Nothing says love.. more than a gathering around the dining room table or sitting on the couch.. sharing a meal.. and sharing unconditional love!
Theresa
Oct 17, 2009 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Theresa by: My mother
Shelves: cookbooks
I just love this book! It was a gift from my mother, because she knew how much I loved the Andy Griffith Show growing up. The book is full of photos and great trivia from the show, plus tons of fantastic recipes that you'll want to make again and again.
Eileen
Aug 03, 2012 Eileen rated it it was amazing
Love this cookbook. Friend gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago. So much fun. Recipes good. Stories good...! :0)
Frances
Mar 13, 2015 Frances rated it really liked it
A trip back to Mayberry. I loved the show and the characters. This book is more than a cookbook. It brings back a lot of memories. Most of the recipes are wonderful and very easy to follow.
Kecia
Aug 27, 2007 Kecia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Aunt Bee's fans
Shelves: cookbooks
I picked this up over the weekend for a dollar at the YMCA Book Fair - just in case I ever need to cook Hoot Owl Pie!
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Kandice N Ledford
Kandice N Ledford rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2013
Meridee
Meridee rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2008
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2008
Janeth
Janeth rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2008
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2009
Susan Roitmire
Susan Roitmire rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Alfred Simon
Alfred Simon rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Donald
Donald rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2007
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Walter Salvatore
Walter Salvatore rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Jan Canyon
Jan Canyon rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2016
Cheri Ross
Cheri Ross rated it liked it
May 04, 2015
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Nicole Lofgreen
Nicole Lofgreen rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2009
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2011
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2012