Start by marking “Oliver Twist ; Great Expectations ; A Tale Of Two Cities (Treasury Of World Masterpieces)” as Want to Read:

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  12 reviews
These elegant volumes are bound in simulated leather with titles stamped in gold and gilt-edged pages. Includes complete and original versions of Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, and Great Expectations.
Leather Bound, 813 pages
Published 1981 (first published 1861)

Be the first to ask a question about Oliver Twist ; Great Expectations ; A Tale Of Two Cities

Jennifer (JC-S)
I first read this novel almost 40 years ago. I’ve just finished rereading: it remains my favourite Charles Dickens novel. ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ was initially published in weekly instalments over 31 weeks in 1859: it is historical fiction, encompassing the period from 1775 to 1792.

The novel is divided into three separate sections (books) dealing with different events in the lives of Dr Alexandre Manette, his daughter Lucie, French emigrant Charles Darnay and his family, as well as a number of ot
Mandy
Read Great Expectations.

My first Dickens and not my last. I love the way he writes, I love his wit and imagination. The twists and turns in the last third/quarter of the book are fantastic, keeps the page turning. The rest of the book is just a pleasure to read, beautiful. Pip's early behaviour really got me angry, he was pompous indeed, but I still loved him.
Karen Lee
Comparison and contrast were never better used than in Charles Dickens' classic a tale of two cities. He interweaves the French Revolution with personal stories and relationships that culminate in memorable actions. Another one of my all time favorites. If you appreciate a writer on top of their craft you will enjoy Charles Dickens.
Patricia See
One of the most perfect stories I have ever read. It has it all.... Charles Dickens was a genius, and his writing is still important. I have read this over 11 times, and I imagine I will re-visit it in the future!
Kathy
I loved this book. I chose to read Oliver Twist. This book had everything, interesting and complex characters, intrique, and how glad I am not to have lived in London, during that time.
Marts  (Thinker)
Three great Dickens classics. First you get a war adventure, you then face hard times at public work houses, and then you get caught up with a convict.
Monica
It's true that I've a love affair with Dickens. Along with Tolkein, I can re-read his books with impunity.
Emily
Apr 12, 2009 Emily marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
again, really hard to read. lots of "old language"
James
Read a previous edition (leather bound) Great Book!
Gargi
Jul 06, 2008 Gargi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone over 10 because it has complex language
Recommended to Gargi by: My dad
Its a great book
Brandon V.
Brandon V. marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Katrine Graversen
Katrine Graversen marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Maher Seif
Maher Seif marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jerri Gardner
Jerri Gardner marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Gypsy
Gypsy marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Cameron Costa
Cameron Costa marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Abedallah Abedhaq
Abedallah Abedhaq marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Joanna Menda
Joanna Menda marked it as to-read
Kelly Hamric
Kelly Hamric marked it as to-read
Dhruva Vala
Dhruva Vala marked it as to-read
Miraida
Miraida marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Albert Myburgh
Albert Myburgh marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
  • The Man Without A Country
  • It's the Little Things
  • The Villa in Italy
  • Little Men / Little Women Boxed Set
  • IT Governance: How Top Performers Manage IT Decision Rights for Superior Results
  • Tempting Faith DiNapoli
  • Selected Poetry
  • The Saxon  (Viking, #2)
  • Plain English for Lawyers
  • Civil Procedure: Examples & Explanations
  • Living with a Black Dog: His Name Is Depression
  • Alpha Rising
  • In Pursuit of Reason: The Life of Thomas Jefferson
  • The Pit and the Pendulum and Other Stories
A prolific 19th Century author of short stories, plays, novellas, novels, fiction and non-fiction; during his lifetime Dickens became known the world over for his remarkable characters, his mastery of prose in the telling of their lives, and his depictions of the social classes, morals and values of his times. Some considered him the spokesman for the poor, for he definitely brought much awarenes ...more
More about Charles Dickens...
A Tale of Two Cities Great Expectations A Christmas Carol Oliver Twist David Copperfield