Start by marking “Detectives and Young Adventurers: The Complete Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Detectives and Young Adventurers: The Complete Short Stories

Detectives and Young Adventurers: The Complete Short Stories

Includes all the Tommy & Tuppence, Harley Quinn and Parker Pyne stories!

While Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple are Agatha Christie's best known creations, it was her other detectives which she admitted were her personal favourites:

Partners in crime TOMMY & TUPPENCE are the husband-and-wife team who advertise as Young Adventurers Ltd. The mysterious MR QUIN has the kn
Published 2008 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Detectives and Young Adventurers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detectives and Young Adventurers

Tanya (aka ListObsessedReader)
Dec 20, 2014 Tanya (aka ListObsessedReader) marked it as partially-read
Shelves: owned-to-read
I will be chipping away at this in small doses as I come to Agatha's short story collections whilst reading through her works chronologically.

Short Story Collections Read:

- Partners In Crime (Tommy & Tuppence). 15 Stories. Read 16/11/12-21/11/12
- The Mysterious Mr. Quinn (Mr. Sattherwaite & Mr. Harley Quinn). 12 Stories plus "The Love Detectives" and "The Harlequin Tea Set". Read 11/12/12-31/12/12
- Parker Pyne Investigates (Parker Pyne). 12 Stories plus "Problem at Pollensa Bay" and "The
Sep 24, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Lovely collection of short stories by Agatha Christie. I really have to rate the stories according to main character, since they differ a lot.

*Tommy & Tuppence: these are very humorous and therefore fun to read. Not the best whodunits though, the reader is often left in the dark while the detective comes up with the solution. It's not really possible to try and be the detective yourself.

*Harley Quinn: great stories! These were my favourites. In these, it is actually possible to arrive at th
Krisz
Jan 21, 2015 Krisz rated it it was amazing
Well, I love AC, so I knew what'd be in this book!
However I do give it 5 stars because the volume is, although of course big and heavy, really readable in every kind of way. Can be held in one hand, paper not too thin, lettering not too small.
And I love the extra info on all the short stories' publication details!
Arati
Oct 21, 2010 Arati rated it liked it
It's a good book, and a fascinating insight into the more popular Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple books - I can see a great deal of similarity, though these short stories are written in a far more condensed manner.

Highly recommend it.
Hannah
Nov 04, 2009 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Great little collection of short stories. I particularly liked the inclusion of all the Tommy and Tuppence ones, and found the notes at the beginning of each story which detailed the name of the detective parodied and when/where the story was originally published, particularly helpful.
mandy
Feb 12, 2010 mandy rated it really liked it
Some charming short tales, some recognisable from future extended stories, but a whole lot of newies. A lovely selection of Christmas Tales, which are intriguing in the fact that, how could she possibly understand the enigma without having known it herself. Hmmmmm.
John Moulton
Sep 02, 2015 John Moulton rated it really liked it
It was fascinating to read a 'Who-Done-It written 'the old-fashioned way. The writing style amused me just a little as I continued to be pulled in by the plot!
Divyaanand38
Divyaanand38 rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Alan Colclough
Alan Colclough rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Jester
Jester rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Marion Lehnert
Marion Lehnert rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Mark Posen
Mark Posen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Karmen
Karmen rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
susan crow
susan crow rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Kamila
Kamila rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Babs Cunliffe
Babs Cunliffe rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Hala Zaroug
Hala Zaroug rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Abhishek V
Abhishek V rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2011
Sofia Androulidaki
Sofia Androulidaki rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
MR PAUL A LENG
MR PAUL A LENG rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
David Hookham
David Hookham rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Katastrophe_85
Katastrophe_85 rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Niluka Widanapathirana
Niluka Widanapathirana rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Pınar Batat
Pınar Batat rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
nikita sahay
nikita sahay rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Julie Rushworth
Julie Rushworth rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Ardyth
Ardyth rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

More about Agatha Christie...