Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle #3)

by
3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  1,252 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Award-winning author Jillian Hunter weaves another enthralling tale in which the path down the aisle is paved with startling twists of fate . . . and temptation.

Lord Heath Boscastle’s attraction for Julia Hepworth begins with a bang. She shoots him at a hunting party–accidentally, of course. Though the shot grazes his shoulder, her beauty pierces his heart. Sparks fly soon
...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 28th 2005 by Ivy Books (first published 1995)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Night of an English Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Night of an English Rogue

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Sombra
Me ha gustado mucho aunque no tanto como los dos primeros.

La historia es sencilla, se lee fácilmente y tiene toques de humor que son muy comunes en esta autora y que hacen que disfrutes aún más de su lectura. Hay una trama de misterio a lo largo de la historia que, al ser tan pausada, hay veces que te preocupan más otras situaciones, como el triángulo amoroso llevado a cabo por los Heath y Julia y el prometido de ésta, que no es otro que el amigo y salvador de Heath.
El final me ha gustado, pero
...more
Laura V.
Es un poco engañoso que el libro se llame La noche de bodas cuando los protagonistas ni están casados ni se van a casar en el transcurso del libro.

Me gustó mucho. Es muy simple, no hay nada de drama, hay un asesino suelto pero jamás la trama gira en torno a eso, es cursi-cursi, divertido, Julia y Heath tienen buena química, se la pasan riendo y la tensión sexual que los rodea le da un empujón al libro. Todos los Boscastle son unos demonios encantadores, y Heath le pasa la antorcha a Drake, uno
...more
Kathleen J
Dec 29, 2012 Kathleen J rated it liked it
Shelves: historic-romance
This book was pretty good. I liked the characters. There was just too much time spend on internal thoughts, REPETITIVE internal thoughts, eg., regrets about what had happened in the past, desire for the other in the present, concern about not being able to have the relationship work out. I got so tired of hearing these same thoughts described again and again and again and....
Océano de libros
Dec 16, 2016 Océano de libros rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
En este tercer libro de la serie “Boscastle” el oficial de inteligencia y hermano más discreto de la familia Heath se reencuentra con un viejo amor al que debe proteger de un enemigo del pasado. Julia Hepworth fue alguien especial en la vida de Heath y ahora se va a casar con el mejor amigo de éste, un reencuentro que aviva sentimientos enterrados.
A la tercera va la vencida y yo me rindo con esta autora y sus novelas. En esta ocasión literalmente me dormí, la novela es lo más aburrido que he leí
...more
Stephanie Burkhart
Jun 14, 2009 Stephanie Burkhart rated it it was amazing

Hunter crafts an engaging tale of longing and seduction with “The Wedding Night of an English Rogue.” Heath Boscastle, a dedicated officer in the English Army, is given the daunting task of protecting the “wicked” Lady Whitby. He’s harbored deep feelings for her since the moment they met – six years ago. Heath’s story of reuniting with a past love is one that will touch the reader’s heart and keep them turning the page.

The novel begins with Heath, a handsome rogue of a Boscastle, talking to his
...more
IzamaRi H. Fabela
En la familia Boscastle, los escándalos nunca faltan.
Los hermanos parecen estar en una competencia para ver quien escandaliza más a la sociedad londinense. Excepto por Heath, el único Boscastle que ha decidió llevar sus aventuras en privado. O al menos así era hasta que volvió a encontrarse con la viuda lady Whitby.
Julia ha vuelto a Londres con el temor de volver a ver Heath Boscastle. Aunque han pasado años desde aquel encuentro en la biblioteca, Julian no puede sacarse al hombre de su mente y
...more
Nonice
Sep 24, 2016 Nonice rated it liked it
mnjeh.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a pretty good historical romance, a story of reunited lovers, with plenty of steamy romance. However, I never felt that zing, that sense of connection with the characters and that compulsion to keep reading. I felt like it was fine to pick this book up when I had a free moment, and to put it down when I had more important things to do.

I'm not a big fan of lovers reunited stories, but I liked that Heath and Julia are older and wiser, and have lived their lives, and know very well that wh
...more
Abby
Apr 28, 2009 Abby rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Heath and Julia's story was so delicious! I think it was my favorite of the series. The actions were well-motivated and the characters different enough from the traditional hero/heroine, but not so far removed that they felt anachronistic or poorly developed.

One thing I couldn't understand was, when Julia found out that her fiance had a pregnant mistress (and a few others on the side) she was all "Oh! I am betrayed!" and Heath was all "How dare he!" Except that Heath and Julia WERE DOING THE SAM
...more
Ana
Nov 09, 2010 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wedding Night of an English Rogue is a fun read but that didn’t surprise me. How could it be anything else when the heroine shoots the hero in the first chapter?

Book three of the series is fast-paced with many twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages. Maybe it’s just me but I did expect more heat between the hero/heroine than what was served up. I didn’t feel a connection to the hero until well into the book and I think it hampered the sizzle. With that said, The Wedding Night
...more
Rachel Rogers
Mar 31, 2010 Rachel Rogers rated it really liked it
Smacked quite a bit of Balogh's "slightly" series - right down to similarity in the surname, but still a fun, steamy read. I liked Heath and Julia right away, and didn't like Russell, Julia's betrothed. The ego was a bit too big.

This was the first new book to catch my interest in nearly 2 months, so it was nice to break the ice and get caught in something like this. I'll definitely be looking for the others in the series.

I was a little annoyed on a reread on 2 things: Julia was strong enough to
...more
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-reads
Julia and Heath make quite a nice couple. The mystery/thriller aspect of this book was also quite nice.

One carping note, scars do not disappear and reappear when needed. Heath's scars (from being tortured) are on his chest and would be readily visible when his shirt is off. In scene #1, when Julia asks him to take off his shirt to have a scratch cleaned, she makes no mention of the scars. In scene #2, when Heath is being treated for a head wound - and they get his shirt off, Julia comments on th
...more
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 Kit rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounding up...This has been my favorite of the 3 Boscastle romances that I have read. The plot started off with a bang, and continued to capture my interest. Heath was just the right combination of jaded yet romantic and Julia was very endearing. The dialogue is fun and also poignant. The family dynamics are very modern, I know I'm being overly generous in my rating but I'm coming to really enjoy and look forward to what happens next with this family.
Nanette
Nov 23, 2013 Nanette rated it did not like it
Shelves: library, didnt-finish
her plots are often weak but this was the worst! heres just one example--a gentleman with no connection spends the night in the house of a semi-scandalous woman--a widow infact! with no harm to her reputation? in addition to the author going on and on about how each character felt and how amazing they were, blah blah blah.

hunters characters are interesting and dynamic but she trapsn bore everyone silly. them in such stupid plots that they have nothing better to do beyond bore everyone silly.
Bookabulary
Jan 31, 2015 Bookabulary rated it liked it
Read the full review on Bookabulary.


I might not have enjoyed this book as much as I wanted to--too high of an expectation?--but I still remain a fan of JH and look forward to finding the second book in this trilogy. Or any of her other books.
Mayim De Vries
Feb 06, 2016 Mayim De Vries rated it really liked it
It was a good regency, no doubts about it. But then, Heath deserved better; more sparkles, more friction, more effort in overcoming all the obstacles that led to his wedding night. At least his love, Julia, passed my test.
Barbara
Heath has been my favorite in the first two books, so I hope this one is the best yet.
Unfortunately not. In fact, my least favorite. The actual "plot" (what little there is of it) m-i-g-h-t fill 5 pages. The rest basically is sex. Heath deserved better.
Celestita Giron
Tenia grandes expectativas con esta novela... pero no se porque no logre conectar con los personajes :/

La historia estaba interesante, no era la mejor pero entretenía.

El titulo no tiene nada que ver con a novela xD NADA!

En fin no me engancho como otras :/
Sue
Jul 08, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2006
I really enjoyed it - what can I say? It was so much fun. The author alternated voices between her and him, so we saw both sides. Enjoyable read.
Elaine
Aug 18, 2011 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: jillian-hunter
This is the first book I have read by this author. It is the third in the series, so maybe that is why I just didn't get excited about this book. I hadn't got to know and love the Bocastle's.
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 02, 2015 Juliewheatcox.Net rated it really liked it
Loved that this story wasn't the usual playing hard to get & following the rules of the ton until the last chapter. Also enjoyed the light sprinklings of humor.
Jo
Dec 13, 2008 Jo rated it liked it
This is the one that inspired me to get the rest of Hunter's stuff from the library. An interesting, pretty well characterized "one that got away" romance (not my usual sub-genre)
L8blmr
Aug 25, 2010 L8blmr rated it really liked it
Somewhat predictable but better than so many in this genre. No TSTL heroine or big misunderstanding or or a hero who won't acknowledge or admit his feelings. All in all a fun read.
Tabatha B
Nov 08, 2013 Tabatha B rated it really liked it
I actually finished this book in about a day. Jillian hunter is a gret author and her Bocastle series is enchanting.
Lindsey
Feb 26, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
I laughed more in this book then I have the first two. Heath and Julia have this amazing chemistry that jumps right off the page. I really enjoyed this one!
Kim
Mar 06, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Read this a while ago, but it sticks in the mind - the beginning is memoralbe and the whole story was quite entertaining.
Sarah
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Jaimie
Jaimie rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Melissa Lasater
Melissa Lasater rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
berlioz3
berlioz3 rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • A Fine Passion (Bastion Club, #4)
  • The Seduction of Sara (Rogues, #3)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • The Marriage Lesson (Effingtons, #3)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • Three Little Secrets (MacLachlan Family, #4)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
10319
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...

Other Books in the Series

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)

Share This Book



“A god in the hand is worth two on Olympus.” 2 likes
More quotes…