The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)

The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  909 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Award-winning author Jillian Hunter weaves another enthralling tale in which the path down the aisle is paved with startling twists of fate . . . and temptation.

Lord Heath Boscastle’s attraction for Julia Hepworth begins with a bang. She shoots him at a hunting party–accidentally, of course. Though the shot grazes his shoulder, her beauty pierces his heart. Sparks fly soon...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 28th 2005 by Ivy Books (first published 1995)

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring by Lisa KleypasWhen He Was Wicked by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
"I've Loved You for Years."
124th out of 588 books — 678 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
409th out of 1,634 books — 3,632 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathleen J
This book was pretty good. I liked the characters. There was just too much time spend on internal thoughts, REPETITIVE internal thoughts, eg., regrets about what had happened in the past, desire for the other in the present, concern about not being able to have the relationship work out. I got so tired of hearing these same thoughts described again and again and again and....
Stephanie Burkhart

Hunter crafts an engaging tale of longing and seduction with “The Wedding Night of an English Rogue.” Heath Boscastle, a dedicated officer in the English Army, is given the daunting task of protecting the “wicked” Lady Whitby. He’s harbored deep feelings for her since the moment they met – six years ago. Heath’s story of reuniting with a past love is one that will touch the reader’s heart and keep them turning the page.

The novel begins with Heath, a handsome rogue of a Boscastle, talking to his...more
IzamaRi H. Fabela
En la familia Boscastle, los escándalos nunca faltan.
Los hermanos parecen estar en una competencia para ver quien escandaliza más a la sociedad londinense. Excepto por Heath, el único Boscastle que ha decidió llevar sus aventuras en privado. O al menos así era hasta que volvió a encontrarse con la viuda lady Whitby.
Julia ha vuelto a Londres con el temor de volver a ver Heath Boscastle. Aunque han pasado años desde aquel encuentro en la biblioteca, Julian no puede sacarse al hombre de su mente y...more
Abby
Heath and Julia's story was so delicious! I think it was my favorite of the series. The actions were well-motivated and the characters different enough from the traditional hero/heroine, but not so far removed that they felt anachronistic or poorly developed.

One thing I couldn't understand was, when Julia found out that her fiance had a pregnant mistress (and a few others on the side) she was all "Oh! I am betrayed!" and Heath was all "How dare he!" Except that Heath and Julia WERE DOING THE SAM...more
Ana
The Wedding Night of an English Rogue is a fun read but that didn’t surprise me. How could it be anything else when the heroine shoots the hero in the first chapter?

Book three of the series is fast-paced with many twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages. Maybe it’s just me but I did expect more heat between the hero/heroine than what was served up. I didn’t feel a connection to the hero until well into the book and I think it hampered the sizzle. With that said, The Wedding Night...more
Rachel Rogers
Smacked quite a bit of Balogh's "slightly" series - right down to similarity in the surname, but still a fun, steamy read. I liked Heath and Julia right away, and didn't like Russell, Julia's betrothed. The ego was a bit too big.

This was the first new book to catch my interest in nearly 2 months, so it was nice to break the ice and get caught in something like this. I'll definitely be looking for the others in the series.

I was a little annoyed on a reread on 2 things: Julia was strong enough to...more
Celestita Giron
Tenia grandes expectativas con esta novela... pero no se porque no logre conectar con los personajes :/

La historia estaba interesante, no era la mejor pero entretenía.

El titulo no tiene nada que ver con a novela xD NADA!

En fin no me engancho como otras :/
Jessica
This is definitely one of the best ones in the series... enjoy. ;)
Melissa
Julia and Heath make quite a nice couple. The mystery/thriller aspect of this book was also quite nice.

One carping note, scars do not disappear and reappear when needed. Heath's scars (from being tortured) are on his chest and would be readily visible when his shirt is off. In scene #1, when Julia asks him to take off his shirt to have a scratch cleaned, she makes no mention of the scars. In scene #2, when Heath is being treated for a head wound - and they get his shirt off, Julia comments on th...more
Nanette
her plots are often weak but this was the worst! heres just one example--a gentleman with no connection spends the night in the house of a semi-scandalous woman--a widow infact! with no harm to her reputation? in addition to the author going on and on about how each character felt and how amazing they were, blah blah blah.

hunters characters are interesting and dynamic but she trapsn bore everyone silly. them in such stupid plots that they have nothing better to do beyond bore everyone silly.
Kit
4.5 rounding up...This has been my favorite of the 3 Boscastle romances that I have read. The plot started off with a bang, and continued to capture my interest. Heath was just the right combination of jaded yet romantic and Julia was very endearing. The dialogue is fun and also poignant. The family dynamics are very modern, I know I'm being overly generous in my rating but I'm coming to really enjoy and look forward to what happens next with this family.
Kim
The third in the Boscastle series...so far this series reminds me of both Quinn's Bridgerton series and Alexander's Effington series. I like this entry, but felt it was stretched out too much. Loved the heroine!
Elaine Mcdonald
This is the first book I have read by this author. It is the third in the series, so maybe that is why I just didn't get excited about this book. I hadn't got to know and love the Bocastle's.
L8blmr
Somewhat predictable but better than so many in this genre. No TSTL heroine or big misunderstanding or or a hero who won't acknowledge or admit his feelings. All in all a fun read.
Lindsey
I laughed more in this book then I have the first two. Heath and Julia have this amazing chemistry that jumps right off the page. I really enjoyed this one!
Kim
Read this a while ago, but it sticks in the mind - the beginning is memoralbe and the whole story was quite entertaining.
Tabatha B
I actually finished this book in about a day. Jillian hunter is a gret author and her Bocastle series is enchanting.
Amanda
I love the Bocastle family :D this was another great book in a great series.
Danette Steward
This Boscastle series is really good. I will continue on to #4.
*MariaA*
3.5
Plenty of LOL moments ;)
Liked Heath quite a bit!
Luvmyfamily
my current favorite sibling! I love Heath!!!
Kathrynn
This was a cute read! Prepare to laugh.
Jo
This is the one that inspired me to get the rest of Hunter's stuff from the library. An interesting, pretty well characterized "one that got away" romance (not my usual sub-genre)
Carolyn
Onto book 4!
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Iuliana Sche
Iuliana Sche marked it as to-read
Mary-kathleen
Mary-kathleen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • The Spy (Liar's Club #3)
  • Sin and Sensibility (Griffin Family, #1)
  • Beyond Seduction (Bastion Club, #6)
  • The Lady in Question (Effingtons, #7)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)
  • The Seduction of Sara (Rogues, #3)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...
The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1) The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2) The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4) The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5) A Duke's Temptation (The Bridal Pleasures #1)

“A god in the hand is worth two on Olympus.” 2 likes