The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)

The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle #5)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  859 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When the stunning Lord Devon Boscastle and the willful Miss Jocelyn Lydbury are ensnared into an engagement, tempers aren't the only thing that will collide.
Published October 31st 2006 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman

Trudy Miner
After ditching meeting Jocelyn Lydbury at a dinner given by her father several years earlier, Lord Devon Boscastle, London's most famous rake, was still surprised to see her at the infamous Lord Alton Fershaw's annual house party in the English countryside. Unfortunately, each of them responded to a mysterious invitation to a secret rendezvous at midnight thinking it was for another and got caught before they could unmask who sent them their invitations; they were forced into marriage when they...more
Connie
This book was great, I couldn't put it down. It is part of a series and I never knew it, it had a beginning, middle,and end. It told the story of one of the Boscastle men. I can't wait to read about the rest. It reminded me of another favorite Tracy Anne Warren. Jillian writes about London Society as it is in my head. She is highly graffic in the love department and I fell in love with each and every member of the family.
♡Karlyn P♡
Some great one liners and a some cheeky sexy humor, but for the most part very average. I've wanted to try this author for a few years and glad I gave her a try. I did end up skimming the last 1/3rd of the book as the story was predictable, but it held my interest enough to finish. Not sure if I'll read more by this author, but wont rule it out.
Stephanie Burkhart
Hunter weaves a masterful tale of seduction and passion in “The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman.” Devon Boscastle is a rakehell who has no desire to settle down and find a wife – until he’s forced into a marriage of convenience with a young debutante, Jocelyn Lydbury. For Devon, there’s nothing as passionate or as sexy than falling in love with his own wife!

The novel opens with Devon attending a social party in Essex. Several games and events are planned, and the party is scheduled to last a week. A...more
Abby
Devon and Josclyn's story is very different from the rest of the Boscastle books. The only one that focuses on a forced marriage, the tensions are of a different type in this book as opposed to the others in the series. However, I found Devon's actions childish and at odds against the narrative's insistence that a Boscastle would never hurt a woman. Maybe not physically, but the unwitting emotional turmoil that Devon puts Josclyn through is pretty awful. The villain is also pretty cardboard, but...more
Annii
This book is one of the Boscastle Series, but I'm not sure which one. "The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman" is the story of Lord Devon Boscastle, a handsome rake, and Miss Jocelyn Lydbury. Jocelyn has a previous acquaintance with Devon, and still harbors some feelings from that past (which we are not told about in any detail - I'm assuming possibly it's in one of the other books?). They meet again at a rather risque party, and due to some devious planning by the villain, they end up compromised and...more
Riya
i so wanted to read Devon's perspective ever since i read The Duchess Diaries..
i am a bit disappointed because i expected more of Devon's witty behaviour,,as seen in other books by his interactions..
Elsa
This is my favorite type of escapist reading. This is a Regency romance -- one in a series of the Lords and Ladies of the Boscastle clan. All of them wealthy, perfectly handsome or beautiful. This one features Lord Devon Boscastle at an English country week-long party. Someone with a grudge sets up a clandestine meeting between Devon and Miss Jocelyn, a very proper young lady, by tricking both of them. They are discovered in a compromising situation and Devon does the right thing by proposing ma...more
Jody
Rachel Rogers
My only complaint about this series is that the strong women can't be the ones to resolve the danger plots. Julia in book 3 tries to shoot her assailant, knowing that she's strong enough and a good enough shot to do so, but instead Heath's bullet is the one that kills him. In this one, Jocelyn realizes that, despite her father's abuse and hope to make her weak, he instead made her strong. Despite that, she never even lands a good shot on her assailant. I realize the Boscastles want to protect th...more
Jessi
Someone set up Devon Bocastle and Jocelyn Lydbury, sending them each a note suggesting a meeting with their respective significant others (or inamoratas) but instead, the two are caught in a compromising position. After Devon had ditched her for dinner several years ago, Jocelyn had had no use for him. However, they're married now and trying to make the best of it. But the enemy is still out there and wanting to get even.
Melissa
A good change-up in plot for this series - they were starting to get a bit stuck with the hero/heroine relationship.

One plothole: why is Jocelyn not more upset that her father and brother back out of attending the wedding at the last minute? She also seems a bit "blah" about the fact that her dad hit her on occasion, too. Hmmm.
Kit
Another one of the darker Boscastle brothers. What makes these books so much fun is the strong family link woven throughout, so even when the characters are not all that endearing you still can't put the book down once you have invested in the family. Devon admits to being a twerp and you couldn't help but root for Jocelyn.
Jocelyn sounds like a lovely lady and Devon is your typical rake. I almost felt like he deserved to end up with her after standing up her father's attempts to marry them a few years ago. I felt bad for Adam, the young man she was planning to marry, except the author made him into a spineless coward.
Cathiecaffey
I absolutely loved this one too of Devon's story. I loved how simple this was. I was reading from start to finish with rarely putting it down. I have many favorites because the stories are theirs alone, and this is true of this one too! Next up will be Emma's story in THE DEVILISH PLEASURES OF A DUKE.
Barbra
One word for this book was BORING!! Why do authors think that all they have to do is put sex in every other chapter to make a story. The story line would have been alright if you could get more story and less of where and when the main characters did the deed.
Luvmyfamily
It had a little of Heaths story in it and a tiny bit of Drakes story in it but a WHOLE lot of Devon alone!!! I love him as much as I love Heath!!!
Michelle
4.5....there isn't a JH book I don't like and I love the Bocastles...period!I cant get enough of them and dread the day when I finish the series.
Amanda
Jan 22, 2010 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Another great book in the series. I like the leading couple.
The story did feel a little rushed at times. And the font was HUGE.
Terri
This is number 5 in this series i loved it very interesting full of love sex and some drama.
Jen
Dec 08, 2010 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
This was not a good book. I could barely make myself finish it.
Kim
Nice plot - funny and also intriguing.
Ingrid
Amazing loved family Boscastel;)*
*MariaA*
could have been so much more better!
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • The Seduction of Sara (Rogues, #3)
  • The Spy (Liar's Club #3)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)
  • To Distraction (Bastion Club, #5)
  • The Sins of Lord Easterbrook (Rothwell #4)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1)
  • The Prince Kidnaps a Bride (Lost Princesses, #3)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...
The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1) The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2) The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4) The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3) A Duke's Temptation (The Bridal Pleasures #1)