Start by marking “The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)” as Want to Read:
The Further Chronicles of Conan (Conan, #4, 5, 7)

The Further Chronicles of Conan (Robert Jordan's Conan Novels #4,5,7 omnibus)

Three classic Conan novels from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Crossroads of Twilight

Robert Jordan, international bestselling author of The Wheel of Time series, has been called the greatest writer ever to tell the stories of Conan the Barbarian. Now his three most breathtaking chronicles are available in trade paperback for the very first time, certain to del
Published October 1st 2004 by Tor Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Further Chronicles of Conan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Further Chronicles of Conan

Josh
Dec 01, 2016 Josh rated it liked it
Finally complete! I read this book in its three separate installments, and let me say that I am 1) a Robert Jordan fan, and 2) a Conan fan, so this was a great synergy in my opinion. However, these are a far cry from the Wheel of Time, and if he had written these books in that style (or had been given the freedom to do so), I feel that this could have been a very different series. Maybe he wrote the WoT as a catharsis from this episodic sequence of mind-numbing stereotypes, but as a WoT fan firs ...more
Bobby Luke
Oct 01, 2014 Bobby Luke rated it it was amazing
This collection of tales was much better than the previous collection. Conan doesn't act like as terrible of a human being. Yes, he is still very much a chauvinist. Yes, he is still very much a man whore and womanizer. But in this collection of tales he comes off more like a James Bond and less like...well, his former self. I don't know how to explain this phenomenon, it just is...what it is.

Womanizing aside, Conan faced up against some really awesome villains in these three stories. Robert Jord
David
The three stories are actually quite similar in the sense that the flow and the big picture are the same. There's the woman, there's the intermediate difficulty, and then there's the villain. On the whole, they're interesting enough short stories to stand on their own so, not too bad.
Dustin
Apr 09, 2013 Dustin rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Loved the Wheel of Time, Cheyenne Raiders and The Fallon Blood.

Didn't love Conan... I guess its just too much on the swords and sorcery side of the genre for me. Too many empty calories I guess.
Dan
May 27, 2012 Dan rated it really liked it
Much better read than the Legends of Kern books that I had been reading. This author is a true master of Fantasy genre, and spun tales that were worthy of reading.
Mike H.
Jul 07, 2007 Mike H. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fifantasy
Not that great. I read it because it was written by Robert Jordan but it was not nearly as good as the wheel of time books.
Trenton Manchester
Jul 08, 2011 Trenton Manchester rated it liked it
I love anything written by Robert Jordan - not the biggest Conan fan, but this book is worth reading for the fantasy and silliness! A good read so far!
Jeff Cadoff
Dec 13, 2012 Jeff Cadoff rated it really liked it
Very good interpretations of the Conan saga, though you still cannot beat the original Robert E. Howard stories.
Jason Young
Jun 11, 2012 Jason Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? Conan is Conan. I found that Robert Jordan did a good job in keeping with the style of the original Conan stories. I enjoyed all three stories.
Antonio
Antonio rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2011
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2008
Mighty
Mighty rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2010
Shaun Lindsey
Shaun Lindsey rated it it was ok
May 17, 2013
Randall S
Randall S rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2009
Neil
Neil rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2011
T.O.Brien
T.O.Brien rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2012
Bruce
Bruce rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2010
Kyle Bridge
Kyle Bridge rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
John Sullivan
John Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
David DeWeese
David DeWeese rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Mike Gilbert
Mike Gilbert rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Trevor Sherman
Trevor Sherman rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Trevor Sherman
Trevor Sherman rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2010
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Ganesh
Ganesh rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2007
Manny Quintela
Manny Quintela rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
  • Conan of Aquilonia (Book 11)
  • Conan The Formidable
  • Red Nails
  • Conan The Hero
  • Conan the Buccaneer (Conan, #6)
  • The Dark Lord
  • The Tower of Shadows
  • The Savage Sword of Conan, Volume 1
  • The King of Dreams (Lord Prestimion, #3)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to
More about Robert Jordan...

Robert Jordan's Conan Novels (7 books)
  • Conan the Invincible (Conan, #1)
  • Conan the Defender (Conan, #2)
  • Conan the Unconquered (Conan, #3)
  • Conan the Triumphant (Conan, #4)
  • Conan the Magnificent (Conan, #5)
  • Conan the Destroyer (Conan, #6)
  • Conan the Victorious (Conan, #7)