Start by marking “Being in Love: A Practical Guide to Christian Prayer” as Want to Read:
Being in Love: A Practical Guide to Christian Prayer

Being in Love: A Practical Guide to Christian Prayer

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Questioning the purpose of prayer the author shares the discovery of new ways to a prayerful life that is both meditative and active. His message is to surrender in love to God, to love God with one's own being through prayer. He demonstrates how to make prayer a place for both meditation and personal growth.
Published January 1st 1999 by Fordham University Press

To ask other readers questions about Being in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being in Love

April Aasheim
It took me a while to 'get this' one. I read it years ago but kept it for some reason. Throughout the last ten years Ive picked it up again and again, and slowly it started seeping into my brain. Yes, I could assimilate my Christian views with Eastern thinking. The student (me) just wasnt ready to when I began the journey.

For writing, I'd probably give it three stars. For content, I gave it four because I found it very useful. Everyone will get something different out of it, and some will get no
Frank
Johnston, and Irish priest living in Tokyo for most of his life has a fresh way to weave Eastern prayer with Christian prayer and coming out with something very spiritual. He leans heavily towards contemplation or the prayer of quiet or prayer of the heart. I really enjoy reading his books.
Bea Angeli Palomar
Bea Angeli Palomar marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Ailsa
Ailsa added it
Sep 27, 2014
Siobhan
Siobhan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
Richard Nylund
Richard Nylund marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Philip
Philip added it
Apr 02, 2012
Clark
Clark added it
Jul 15, 2009

William Johnston, a Jesuit missionary living in Japan, has extensive knowledge both of Western spirituality and mysticism and also, through his experiences in Japan, of Eastern spirituality and mysticism, especially Zen Buddhism.

An authority on fourteenth century spirituali
More about William Johnston...
Christian Zen: A Way of Meditation The Still Point: Reflections on Zen and Christian Mysticism Mystical Theology: The Science of Love Inner Eye of Love: Mysticism and Religion Arise, My Love: Mysticism for a New Era