Start by marking “Let's Meet on Platform 8” as Want to Read:
Let's Meet on Platform 8

Let's Meet on Platform 8

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,382 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Teri thinks she's found the one, but is it possible that someone else has found him first? After knocking her down while rushing to catch the 6:07 from London, Jamie Duncan bandages Teri Carter's knee, buys her new stockings, seats her on the train with her foot in his lap and taxis her home from the station. Not only is he a romantic hero, but he's witty, charming, and ea ...more
Published June 7th 2005 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 1997)

Jan
Oct 01, 2009 Jan rated it did not like it
About 80 pages into this book, I stopped for a few days to contemplate whether I wanted to finish it. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted to see where the story was going - perhaps the characters would redeem themselves - so I picked it up again and powered through. Boy, was I sorry.

Let's Meet on Platform 8 is the story of Jamie and Terri, two London commuters who literally bump into each other at the train station and fall in love. The hitch? Jamie is married, which he doesn't bother to tell Te
Alexandra Gillgrass
Sep 17, 2014 Alexandra Gillgrass rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book from beginning to end!
While the concept does seem rather cliche Carole Matthews has such a talent for writing in it in a way that is tasteful and you find yourself sympathising with the characters. She really does have such a flare for writing that I simply could not put the book down and finished it in a matter of days.
The characters were so well developed and I found myself loving them the more I read on.
The great thing about Carole Matthew' books are her great re
Karen
Mar 02, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
wrecked_life
Mar 29, 2016 wrecked_life rated it really liked it
It's good but I just didn't like the way it ended.
Sherri Hunter
Mar 15, 2010 Sherri Hunter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I was very disappointed in this story. Why couldn't Jamie have been separated or in the process of getting divorced? I don't understand why people begin new relationships before ending the ones they are currently engaged in completely. I had no respect for either Teri or Jamie for carrying on, though it began innocently. It was hard to dislike Pamela because I thought she was getting a raw deal, though Jamie does go back to her, where does that leave Teri and the possibility that she's pregnant? ...more
Sharon
Dec 11, 2014 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly
This book has been on my shelf since the time of the dinosaurs - Jurassic Park era, 90's. Duh - because it sounded awful but I couldn't bring myself to part with it without at least giving it a go. Feeling brave, I dipped my toes into the Goodreads reviews hoping to alleviate my worries, but was further terrified. The bottom line seemed to be that it was an awful novel with awful characters. I nearly didn't bother and put it straight into the charity box. But something held me back...

In summary;
Vanessa
Jun 24, 2014 Vanessa rated it did not like it
Whenever i finish reading a book, i have never felt the ugly sinister feeling to rip it apart or burn it, until this book. Nor have i ever felt so disgusted and appalled.

WARNING SPOILERS!!
Aside from Charlie and Pamela, I did not like nor sympathize with the characters. Pamela out of spite made the wrong decision in her fake affair but she is a character you can feel for. Teri and Jamie on the other hand never expressed any true remorse but encouraged their affair and tried to justify it. What t
Dana
Feb 21, 2016 Dana rated it really liked it
love triangle- really good characters
Cassie
The main reason for this book getting only two stars is due to the two main characters.
I found myself despising Terri. She knew from fairly early on that Jamie was married, yet she didn't walk away when it would have been easy to. Even though she had her best friend from childhood living with her because her marriage had broken up.
Jamie, in my opinion just wanted his cake and to eat it too. Married to a very attractive woman with two young children. He knew what he was doing was wrong. Even be
Holly
Feb 06, 2014 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I completely agree with the review below. while I didn't dislike this book, I didn't really enjoy it, either. the characters are abit daft and while their relationship is sweet, its not really what I was expecting (or hoping for) and also came off as abit unrealistic. however, the tit for tat (literally) he plays with his wife is quite funny even if her reaction to his "affair" is again quite unbelievable. by the end, she was expecting (and accepting) that he was with his mistress.

He'd be out o
Beth Rosen
Jul 22, 2014 Beth Rosen rated it did not like it
I'm kind of embarrassed that I read this book. It was in a little free library. It is full of silly characters making silly choices, yet somehow I read it all the way to the end because I wanted to find out how it ended. Not worth it. Read a review with spoilers instead, although it is so predictable you can basically guess where it is going without bothering to read it.
Aileen
Jun 08, 2011 Aileen rated it really liked it
Teri is single, looking for Mr Right but has been unsuccessful in the
past she works for city television, she gets knocked over her feet by
Jamie Duncan one night at Euston Station, Jamie is very good looking,
they start meeting regularly, only problem is he is married to Pamela
with 2 children, Teri is not happy when he eventually tells her and
gives him a piece of her mind, they agree to be friends, but can a
single girl be just friends with a married man?
I feel awful for saying this because C
~☆laura
Aug 23, 2015 ~☆laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Okay here goes when I started reading this book I really wasn't sure I'd enjoy it but I did manage to finish it. The plot was a very brave one to be fair affairs are a very sticky subject matter and they split alot of people's views. I for one don't think cheating is in anyway acceptable I understand very much that it happens but I'd never ravish or think highly of somebody who was doing it expecially if they don't harbour guilt or even try and stop it,anyway putting that aside that's just my vi ...more
Debbie Viggiano
Sep 23, 2014 Debbie Viggiano rated it it was amazing
I think this was the first novel I read of Carole's and was so captivated I went on to read just about everything she's published, even though I've not had time to review them all. A perfect quandary but a perfect outcome!
Paulette
Apr 09, 2014 Paulette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a great first book! (though not my first CM!) The characters were so real. I felt their joy and pain throughout...and giggled a lot!! Thanks Carole. You are going to owe me another box of man sized kleenex soon
Danielle
Aug 03, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it took me some time to get into it, but once i was i found it very hard to put down. I am a big fan of Carole Matthews and she never disappoints with her books and this book was what i would expect from her. I found that i could really relate to the location of the book and really pictured the scene. I first thought that Teri was going to have a full blown affair with Jamie, but that never really happened until halfway through thr book.I didn't expect the ending eith ...more
May 07, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Bought this to read something different. And I just didn't like it. Couldn't get into it. The story was just boring for me.
Ashley
Jan 08, 2012 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book in a charity shop for 1 because I was going on a long train journey and am a sucker for romances. The story is easy to get in to and a good read if you're not going to take it too seriously. There are some good little twists and turns and characters that you wonder about which turn out to have their own little plot lines, which is nice.
You do have to empty your mind before reading though- the whole concept is an affair and I did find myself losing respect for the main char
Louise Taylor
Jan 30, 2016 Louise Taylor rated it it was amazing
The ending made me cry! I wish there was a follow on story to see how she gets on in the future and if their paths cross again!
Karen
May 15, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this from her back catalogue after reading the Chocolate books. So different but very addictive, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sharon
Was an okay read, nice and easy to get through. Didn't feel much towards the main character!
Rachel
Aug 11, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always a well written story, that's the only reason I finished it as I loathed the subject matter.
Jo Dorman
May 26, 2014 Jo Dorman rated it really liked it
Nice easy read, my first book by Carole Matthews and will be reading more of hers :)
Claire Frewer
Mar 17, 2014 Claire Frewer rated it it was amazing
This is still my all time fav book
Beth Cooksey
Aug 15, 2014 Beth Cooksey rated it did not like it
Don't bother reading this book.
Danielle
Sep 30, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This book was truely brilliant, It tells the tale of Teri who meets Jamie on a train and they fall in love but the catch is that Jamie is married. Even though Jamie is doing something wrong the way his character is written makes you love him and it tells an affair from a different angle than just that of a man that cheats on his wife!
I like the way this story is written from the point of veiw of someone watching rather than being written from the point of view of one of the characters.
Bookguide
Feb 07, 2013 Bookguide rated it really liked it
I read this in a couple of days in between Christmas shopping and getting ready to visit my in-laws before Christmas. It fitted the bill perfectly as easy-to-read pick up/put down chick-lit. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so was loth to put it down. In actual fact, I found this unexpectedly balanced in telling the story from the point of view of the guilt-ridden husband, the wife he was cheating on, as well as the hopeful mistress. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Kylie
Dec 08, 2013 Kylie rated it it was ok
This book was a very unsatisfying read. I am not quite sure what Matthews wanted her readers to think about the plot or the characters. I didn't like, dislike or empathise with any of them. The ending wasn't really a resolution of the plot - it was like decisions had been taken out of the characters hands and each one of them had said "Oh well, never mind!"

Ultimately I liked the idea, but feel that I didn't really like the way Matthews developed it.
Melanie
Jan 28, 2009 Melanie rated it it was ok
I wish goodreads had half stars - this is probably more 2 1/2 than 2... It was a decent "chick lit" type of book, nothing special and quite predictable, but entertaining. The premise was interesting - coming at from the perspective of being a wife who met her husband when he was married to someone else, it was definitely a book that I felt sympathy for both the women involved, but I ended up being annoyed with them, too, for being so freaking stupid.
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Mafia Chic
  • A Little Change of Face
  • Babyface
  • The Dominant Blonde
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • Up & Out (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • Hens Reunited
  • Getting Personal
  • Bombshell
  • Losing It
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Burning The Map (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • Loose Screws
  • The Magic of Christmas
  • Love: A User's Guide: A Novel of Romance with Attitude
  • The Breakup Club
120535
Carole Matthews is an international bestselling author of hugely successful romantic comedy novels. Her unique sense of humour has won her legions of fans and critical acclaim all over the world.

A Minor Indiscretion and A Compromising Position both reached the Top 5 in the Sunday Times bestseller chart in the UK. You Drive Me Crazy reached number 8 in the original fiction charts. The novel Welcom
More about Carole Matthews...