Start by marking “Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #3)” as Want to Read:
Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #3)

Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power #3)

FIND THE MAGIC!

He was only a "beginner" shaman, but Sam Verner had to find a cure to ward off the curse on his sister. Only something of great magic would do the trick. It was this quest that took him to a mystical citadel in Australia, where, with the aid of his shadowrunner friends, he recovered the strange artifact he hoped would prove helpful. But instead of anything t
Mass Market Paperback, 329 pages
Published June 4th 1991 by Roc (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Find Your Own Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Your Own Truth

David Sarkies
Apr 18, 2015 David Sarkies rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody really, unless you like Shadowrun
Recommended to David by: My friend the Shadowrun fiend
Shelves: sci-fi
The conclusion to a very ordinary trilogy
7 February 2012

I might step away from exploring the Shadowrun Universe and instead look at some ideas that come out of this novel (or at least its title). This is the third Shadowrun novel and the final book in the initial trilogy. The protagonist, Samuel Verner, returns to North America to help his sister. His sister has had a double whammy in that she metamorphosed into an Orc, but was then infected by the HMHVV (Human Meta-human Vampiric Virus) and ha
Amelia Sarif
Jan 28, 2016 Amelia Sarif rated it really liked it
Bob Charrette has an amazing ability to both tell a great story and teach you so much about the world of Shadowrun. The third of his Shadowrun novels focusing on magic, and it did a far better job of explaining how magic works in the Sixth World than any of the Shadowrun RPG material I've encountered so far. Honestly, I've always felt like Sam was a bit of a Mary Sue, but that didn't stop this from being a highly enjoyable read - it's the awesomely described world, rather than Sam's plight, that ...more
Monk
Jul 30, 2008 Monk rated it liked it
This novel ties up the first Shadowrun Trilogy nicely, resolving Sam's issues with his sisters goblinization and subsequent exposure to the HMHVV vector, turning her into an abominable creature known as a wendigo. It also wraps up the AI storyline (for a time) in the Renraku arcology complex, and fully defines several characters who go on to have novels of their own as well as placements that are nigh unto totemic in the series (i.e The Artful Dodger and Kham).
Bryan457
This was a satisfying conclusion to the first three books in the Shadowrun world.
Sam Vernor's story is a bit more bittersweet tragedy than I normally like, but this was quite good.
Unfortunately, it has been so long since I read the first two books that I was rather fuzzy on some of the details on characters and previous events that were referenced.
Rob
May 06, 2009 Rob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, rpg-based
For a RPG-based novel, the Secrets of Power series holds up pretty well, asking fairly thoughtful questions about some basic 'realities' of the Shadowrun World. There are real dilemmas, real choices, with real consequences. Warning: don't expect a 'happy' ending: As the hero finds in the end, to gain power, for whatever end, sacrifices must be made.
Noah
May 28, 2013 Noah rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Listen, I'm a fan of Shadowrun as a world, and actually played an Elven rigger.

This trilogy is fun fluff, but it could use a notch more action.

Without Dodger and Charrette's relentless detail to his voice, the rest of characters become a bit of an amalgamated slosh in motivation and tone.

Try to burn through them if you can. You'll forget who's who if you don't.
Mandy
May 01, 2011 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy, 2011
Entertaining, but not as well done as the previous two. It moved along at a certain pace, began to drag, and then picked the pace up again so quickly that the ending felt quite rushed. I dunno if there's more books centered on these characters, but I dunno if I'd pick them up again if there are due to my mild disappointment with this one.
Marco Baier
Feb 27, 2014 Marco Baier rated it it was amazing
It must be a good twenty years when I read the Secrets of Power books, and I still remember the character and the plot well. They are an awesome introduction into the world of Shadowrun and paved the ground for many fun adventures.
Joel
Sep 14, 2014 Joel rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It ended the trilogy nicely. The circumstances at the end were fairly profound.
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Jamie Pollard
Jamie Pollard rated it it was ok
May 30, 2014
Eric Furst
Eric Furst rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2015
Doug-w Warren
Doug-w Warren rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Mathieu Fortin
Mathieu Fortin rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Ed
Ed rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2012
César Sánchez
César Sánchez rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Aurélien
Aurélien rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2012
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2008
Mumm
Mumm rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Michael Stevulak
Michael Stevulak rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Roxana
Roxana rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Goon
Goon rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
James Gray
James Gray rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Michael Galarneau
Michael Galarneau rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Pedro Santos
Pedro Santos rated it it was ok
Nov 17, 2009
William
William rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Winfred
Winfred rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Ivo Pintéus
Ivo Pintéus rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Markus
Markus rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2011
Vampire Academy L...: Help me to become a Vampire 1 11 Nov 17, 2014 07:03PM
  • 2XS (Shadowrun, #4)
  • Streets of Blood (Shadowrun, #8)
  • Beyond the Pale (Dragon Heart Saga, #3)
  • Into the Shadows (Shadowrun, #7)
  • Shadowrun 38: Ragnarock (Shadowrun)
  • Changeling
  • Shadowrun 15: Burning Bright
  • Striper Assassin (Shadowrun)
  • Run Hard, Die Fast (Shadowrun, #35)
  • Shadowrun 32: Wolf and Raven
  • The Shadowrun 34: Terminus Experiment
  • Tails you Lose (Shadowrun, #39)
  • Shadowrun 18: Worlds without End
Credited on some German editions as "Robert N. Charette".
More about Robert N. Charrette...

Shadowrun: Secrets of Power (3 books)
  • Never Deal with a Dragon (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #1)
  • Choose Your Enemies Carefully (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #2)