Start by marking “Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #3)” as Want to Read:
Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #3)

Find Your Own Truth (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power #3)

FIND THE MAGIC!

He was only a "beginner" shaman, but Sam Verner had to find a cure to ward off the curse on his sister. Only something of great magic would do the trick. It was this quest that took him to a mystical citadel in Australia, where, with the aid of his shadowrunner friends, he recovered the strange artifact he hoped would prove helpful. But instead of anything t
Mass Market Paperback, 329 pages
Published June 4th 1991 by Roc (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Find Your Own Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Your Own Truth

Amelia Serif
Jan 28, 2016 Amelia Serif rated it really liked it
Bob Charrette has an amazing ability to both tell a great story and teach you so much about the world of Shadowrun. The third of his Shadowrun novels focusing on magic, and it did a far better job of explaining how magic works in the Sixth World than any of the Shadowrun RPG material I've encountered so far. Honestly, I've always felt like Sam was a bit of a Mary Sue, but that didn't stop this from being a highly enjoyable read - it's the awesomely described world, rather than Sam's plight, that ...more
David Sarkies
Apr 18, 2015 David Sarkies rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody really, unless you like Shadowrun
Recommended to David by: My friend the Shadowrun fiend
Shelves: sci-fi
The conclusion to a very ordinary trilogy
7 February 2012

I might step away from exploring the Shadowrun Universe and instead look at some ideas that come out of this novel (or at least its title). This is the third Shadowrun novel and the final book in the initial trilogy. The protagonist, Samuel Verner, returns to North America to help his sister. His sister has had a double whammy in that she metamorphosed into an Orc, but was then infected by the HMHVV (Human Meta-human Vampiric Virus) and ha
Marco Baier
Feb 27, 2014 Marco Baier rated it it was amazing
It must be a good twenty years when I read the Secrets of Power books, and I still remember the character and the plot well. They are an awesome introduction into the world of Shadowrun and paved the ground for many fun adventures.
Kevin
Aug 30, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it
pulppulppulppulppulppulppulppulppulppulppulppulp. so good.
Rene
Apr 15, 2016 Rene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cyberpunk, shadowrun
grand finale to a very well written Shadowrun trilogy.
Monk
Jul 30, 2008 Monk rated it liked it
This novel ties up the first Shadowrun Trilogy nicely, resolving Sam's issues with his sisters goblinization and subsequent exposure to the HMHVV vector, turning her into an abominable creature known as a wendigo. It also wraps up the AI storyline (for a time) in the Renraku arcology complex, and fully defines several characters who go on to have novels of their own as well as placements that are nigh unto totemic in the series (i.e The Artful Dodger and Kham).
Noah
May 28, 2013 Noah rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Listen, I'm a fan of Shadowrun as a world, and actually played an Elven rigger.

This trilogy is fun fluff, but it could use a notch more action.

Without Dodger and Charrette's relentless detail to his voice, the rest of characters become a bit of an amalgamated slosh in motivation and tone.

Try to burn through them if you can. You'll forget who's who if you don't.
Bryan457
This was a satisfying conclusion to the first three books in the Shadowrun world.
Sam Vernor's story is a bit more bittersweet tragedy than I normally like, but this was quite good.
Unfortunately, it has been so long since I read the first two books that I was rather fuzzy on some of the details on characters and previous events that were referenced.
Rob
May 06, 2009 Rob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, rpg-based
For a RPG-based novel, the Secrets of Power series holds up pretty well, asking fairly thoughtful questions about some basic 'realities' of the Shadowrun World. There are real dilemmas, real choices, with real consequences. Warning: don't expect a 'happy' ending: As the hero finds in the end, to gain power, for whatever end, sacrifices must be made.
Mandy
May 01, 2011 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy, 2011
Entertaining, but not as well done as the previous two. It moved along at a certain pace, began to drag, and then picked the pace up again so quickly that the ending felt quite rushed. I dunno if there's more books centered on these characters, but I dunno if I'd pick them up again if there are due to my mild disappointment with this one.
Joel
Sep 14, 2014 Joel rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It ended the trilogy nicely. The circumstances at the end were fairly profound.
Josh Wong
Aug 15, 2011 Josh Wong rated it liked it
Good book, fighting scenes were good. Romance was good. It was okay.
C. Scott
Oct 15, 2012 C. Scott rated it really liked it
Conclusion of Robert Charrette's trilogy. A good read.
Stefan Wills
Stefan Wills is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
chris keith cook
chris keith cook rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 21, 2016
Jayson
Jayson rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
C. H.
C. H. added it
Sep 15, 2016
Matthew Parcell
Matthew Parcell rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
TONY
TONY marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Bakos Krisztina
Bakos Krisztina marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Chen Xianchao
Chen Xianchao marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Gyorgy Miterli
Gyorgy Miterli rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Aeden Mcrea
Aeden Mcrea rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Vampire Academy L...: Help me to become a Vampire 1 11 Nov 17, 2014 07:03PM
  • 2XS (Shadowrun, #4)
  • Streets of Blood (Shadowrun, #8)
  • Beyond the Pale (Dragon Heart Saga, #3)
  • Into the Shadows (Shadowrun, #7)
  • Shadowrun 38: Ragnarock (Shadowrun)
  • Changeling
  • Shadowrun 15: Burning Bright
  • Striper Assassin (Shadowrun)
  • Run Hard, Die Fast (Shadowrun, #35)
  • Shadowrun 32: Wolf and Raven
  • The Shadowrun 34: Terminus Experiment
  • Tails you Lose (Shadowrun, #39)
  • Shadowrun 18: Worlds without End
Credited on some German editions as "Robert N. Charette".
More about Robert N. Charrette...

Shadowrun: Secrets of Power (3 books)
  • Never Deal with a Dragon (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #1)
  • Choose Your Enemies Carefully (Shadowrun: Secrets of Power, #2)