Start by marking “Gen¹³” as Want to Read:
Gen¹³

Gen¹³ (Gen¹³ #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  198 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
First Gen 13 Mini-series.

International Operations has begun the Genesis Project. It is a project to locate young people who are shown to be Gen-Active, meaning that they gained their powers from something called the Gen-Factor either through direct exposure or through hereditary genes. Generation 13 (or Gen 13 for short) is the latest batch of young people who quickly lear
Published February 1st 1999 by Wildstorm (first published July 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Gen¹³, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gen¹³

Phil Keeling
Nov 26, 2014 Phil Keeling rated it liked it
Oh, for god's sake... Did I use to read this?

I mean, I have positive, Weapon-X style memories of humor and breasts and excellence... But then again that was the nineties: when I read Wizard Magazine like it was the word of John the Baptist, second edition, and Liefeld taught me that men and women were fifteen feet tall with eleven bendable joints in each leg.

You punks don't know how important Jim Lee was to us: he was the legitimacy that turned Image from a middle finger at Marvel and DC to an h
Adam Spade
Apr 20, 2015 Adam Spade rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Common misconception, the story is actually "written" by JIM LEE and BRANDON CHOI.

J SCOTT CAMPBELL is the artist w/ ALEX GARNER's inks, and JOE CHIODO's colors.

The artwork is beautiful, heavily stylized. J Scott Campbell is what I would call a Jim Lee descendent with a whiff of Japan. I'm very much a fan of his work.

The Inks are classy. Colors are top notch for the 90's.

The story is absolute cheese but humorous. I always took it as a spoof on superhero teams, specifically X-MEN. If that wasn't w
Daniel Clausen
Apr 20, 2009 Daniel Clausen rated it it was amazing
What can I say about GEN 13?

I guess it's my guilty little pleasure. I was in high school right around the time this book came out. I loved the idea of Image comics--with its larger than life art and characters. I didn't really dig the MTV vibe so much, but I did appreciate the fact that none of the characters tried to imitate gansters like most of the people I went to high school with. Mostly, I was in love with Cambell's illustrations and the idea of a strong and brilliant female leader to sup
Ivan Leong
Feb 22, 2014 Ivan Leong rated it it was ok
Its a decent book. Only bought it to see Jim Lee's early works, nice drawings. A group of special kids developing special powers and somehow all of them related well with each other. Don't expect much from the plot
Emily
Jan 12, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-gn-manga
A promising beginning that fell short. The team of super humans is not a new concept, but that issue was overcome nicely. It's the execution that was somewhat lacking. The story was all over the place, and I'm still not sure what some of the team members can do or why the teenagers don't have the same trouble the parents had with their powers. And I have no idea where the alien came from or who the kid is--It seems like they're important to the story, but poof! they're gone. Strange.
Federiken Masters
Cómo me entretuvo Gen³ en estos primeros y descontracturados números, que en su momento leí en revistas de Ediciones Vid (y marco en el tomo español por aproximación, claro). Lástima que cuando se hizo serie regular enseguida le empezaron a meter crossovers y me aburrió. Pero aunque en retrospectiva puedo ver que no era la gran cosa, creo que fue un buen comic para adolescentes de los 90s. ...more
Eric
Aug 24, 2010 Eric rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2010
Gen13 was pretty popular in the 90s (I think), but these first five issues haven't aged well. The creators were obviously influenced (in part) by manga, but the storytelling and artwork don't have the sophistication of even a low-level shonen series. I'm guessing the creative team got better over the years. But this first outing is a total mess.

The Man In The Hat
I got this book because it's the first chronological story of Gen13 and the Gen13 series is supposed to be good. But this story was very underwhelming with cliched to the point of hackneyed dialogue. I will probably give the next story in the series a try sooner or later but unless there is a vast improvement I won't be trying the third.
Jan Geerling
Oct 31, 2013 Jan Geerling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeugdsentiment. Als ik een persoonlijke tijdscapsule van de jaren 90 had moeten samenstellen, dan zaten de eerste Comics van Gen13 erbij. Juist dat het nu zo gedateerd aandoet hoort bij de charme die ook de jaren 90 leuk maakten.
Alex
Mar 15, 2007 Alex rated it it was amazing
A lesbian superhero, clothes that barely fit sexy women, quick witty humor and battlescenes: I loved this comic collection when I was a post-pubescent teen, and guilty-ly enough, I still do.
Tammy
Jul 11, 2010 Tammy rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This one has potential to be an interesting series.
ShiftyRedPanda
ShiftyRedPanda rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
MaMoreo
MaMoreo rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Bexly
Bexly marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Popper
Popper added it
May 31, 2016
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Matthew Groves
Matthew Groves marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Carson
Carson marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Alex Cross
Alex Cross rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Violet Shiny
Violet Shiny marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
NiikoRin
NiikoRin marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Donovan Ivanoff
Donovan Ivanoff marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Ben Kalman
Ben Kalman rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
James
James added it
Jan 28, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
  • Witchblade Origins Volume 1 (Witchblade Origins)
  • Sojourn, Volume 1: From the Ashes
  • Cats and Dogs: Mutts II
  • Prohibited Book 2
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • Black Widow
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 16: Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #6 Buffy Season 1)
  • Strangers in Paradise, Volume 3: It's A Good Life

• Gen¹³: I Love New York
  • Gen¹³: We'll Take Manhattan
  • Gen¹³: Superhuman Like You
  • Gen¹³: Meanwhile
  • Gen¹³: Así acaba la historia (Especiales Gen 13, #3)