Start by marking “Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir” as Want to Read:
Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir

Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir (Bigfoot #2)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,004 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
Like many reclusive celebrities, Big Foot is misunderstood. In his touching memoir Me Write Book he wants to set the record straight, proving that although he’s larger, hairier, and more foul-smelling than most of us, he’s really not so different underneath.

Only the most coldhearted among us could look on without compassion as this hirsute Everyman struggles bravely with
Published November 29th 2005 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Me Write Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Write Book

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

It obviously not take me whole week to read Me Write Book. I mean, me not stupid. Me read wicked fast. It like super power. Much thanks to friend Melki for making me know about this book. Me read with husband at bedtime and we laugh and laugh and then he too tired for sexytimes. Everybody win!!!! Me don’t know why I so obsessed with Bigfoot. Husband say it kind of creepy. I tell him have no worry – me still love him mostest. Here is ph
Melki
Apr 06, 2016 Melki rated it really liked it
Our favorite smelly, furry fiend friend has been writing again. Here, he presents another memoir, one that he wanted to call No More Bigfoot Lie, Bitchez So, why's it called Me Write Book? I'll let the big guy tell you:

Editor not think it go over so good in middle America. Also hurt chances of get in Oprah Book Club. After I crush editor skull with fax machine, realize maybe he right.

description

It's true, since he made it big, Da Foot has been chillin' with the wrong crowd . . . Morris the Cat and Andrew D
Judy Vasseur
Dec 30, 2013 Judy Vasseur rated it it was amazing
Me love Bigfoot. He good writer.
Mac
Aug 22, 2007 Mac rated it it was amazing
A very cerebral, erudite, extremely well written and researched memoir that sets the record straight about this grossly misunderstood creature. While somewhat dryly scientific and intellectual, it is at the same time palpably tender and almost sentimental. And if you don't like it, Bigfoot will eat your face.
Linda
Sep 19, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing
We were very nearly tossed out of a restaurant over this book. It was purchased as a gift for a friend, and we were reading it out loud as we celebrated his birthday. I snorted iced tea out my nose.
Ak
Jan 03, 2011 Ak rated it really liked it
I shudder to think of all the harried parents who've mistakenly grabbed this for their children just because it's got cartoons. This is not appropriate for children. It's not appropriate for humans of ANY age. I have to paraphrase Roger Ebert's review of the South Park movie again - I lol'd mao, but wasn't always proud of it.

The humor, like Bigfoot himself, is hyperviolent and operates by surprise - it lulls you into being all "oh, how fuzzy and cute" and patronizing, and then it's ripping your
meghann
Jan 06, 2015 meghann rated it really liked it
This book was super funny. I loved the illustrations--they had a Ralph Steadman feel to them. Did you know that Bigfoot partied with Emilio Estevez back in the day? And that he's still trying to master the Creepy Tom Cruise Smile? Haha it's so violent and random.
Foxthyme
Aug 23, 2011 Foxthyme rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-f-spec-h, tales, humour
Not a book easily forgotten! And very honest. He's a funny Bigfoot, but he also smells like sh*t and rips bodies apart like he is picking daisies...
Elh52
Jan 05, 2009 Elh52 rated it it was amazing
Vol. II - You really haven't lived until you've read this second volume of the autobiography of Bigfoot. I have my reader-of-strange-things friend Beverly to thank for these.
Todd
Aug 14, 2015 Todd rated it really liked it
Me read book. Me laugh and laugh. Me question sanity. Me question reality. Me recommend.
Jane
May 02, 2008 Jane rated it it was amazing
Me read book. Me change pants. Highly recommend.
Jack Keane
Oct 25, 2016 Jack Keane rated it really liked it
It's like if the twisted wit, celebrity satire, surprising melancholy, and anthropomorphic animal humour of BoJack Horseman was animated like the original graphic novels of 30 Days of Night , which is exactly as fucked up and amazing as it sounds...
Injuneer
Oct 23, 2016 Injuneer rated it really liked it
spoiler- I always wondered how Oscar the Grouch got his start!
abcdefg
Some spots were funny, but then again, some were so-so. This is the sequel to Roumieu's "In Me Own Words" and while I liked it, it wasn't like every page was hilarious. In fact, most of the pages didn't really make me laugh. That isn't to say there weren't moments where I did. I just felt like it could have been funnier in some way. Not sure what way though.

The illustrations are great in conveying each section and driving home its story/point. The whole book kind of revolves around Bigfoot tryi
Jason Brown (Toastx2)
Jan 05, 2015 Jason Brown (Toastx2) rated it really liked it
Writing a review like Big Foot (from Roumieu’s book) is similar to playing scrabble drunk and simultaneously channeling the spirit of Frank Zappa, circa “Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow” (apostrophe, 1974 ). I hope to never to do this again, it was that painful. Great book though.

Me Write book write by Graham Roumieu. Very funny! Not children book, not classic literature. Somewhere in between is book, made for adult and is violent bloody.

Book was write from the perspective of Big Foot. Big Foot not st
Heather
Nov 23, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
After three years of wanting to read this interesting memoir, our paths finally crossed at my friend Jessie's house, when I was visiting her for a few days in BC. A quick read, the book delighted me both in words and illustrations. Considering how elusive Bigfoot is, his inconstant relationship with the media, I'm really surprised that this book did not hit any bestseller lists. Regardless, both Bigfoot's adventures and a snappy introduction by the Loch Ness Monster make this book a delightful ...more
Amanda
May 13, 2009 Amanda rated it it was ok
This book is amusing enough, but certainly not a children's book! I was surprised that it was in the Children's section of the Library. It is a clever idea, to write from the perspective of big foot. This certainly allows the author to throw any and all rules of grammar out the window!

I picked the book up, because I am in the process of writing a children's book about a Yeti (big foot's Himalayan cousin). I wanted to see how someone else might present a similar story, and I was a bit disappointe
jess
Mar 07, 2009 jess rated it it was amazing
The second of three bigfoot autobiographies from Graham Roumieu, this one made me wish i had the foresight to read them in order. it seemed like the perfect bridge between the first and last book - stronger and funnier than the first one, but not as heavy-handed and polished as the third. like goldilocks might say, it's just right.

mister scribbles and bigfoot's allergies to each other broke my heart a little bit. the lonely, exhausting life of a violent, semi-mythological pop sensation is here
Andreina
Jun 19, 2012 Andreina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To those with a sense of humor.
Shelves: to-buy
I finished this book in 1 sitting. Mostly because it's funny as hell. I learned a lot about Bigfoot like: He stinks, He's a poet, a lyricist, a blogger, a writer, a fame whore, and is looking for love. I love that he writes the same way he speaks, unpretentious. What set apart this book from others I've read is that this book is like a children book you know, with drawings. Oh, and what about the introduction by Nessie?

Graham Roumieu is a genius!
Keith
Feb 08, 2008 Keith rated it liked it
This is one short book. I read about 1/3rd of it in the car on the way home from the library. And though, while a short read, it was also an interesting read. Having seen quite a number of documentaries, the usual grainy distant photos and all the requisite Sasqua-ploitation films WUSA has to offer on the subject, it was interesting to hear directly from the source. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in cryptozoology, and time constraints.
Ms Anderson
Oct 28, 2015 Ms Anderson rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry with laughter about a dozen times. "It true, Bigfoot career be in hole lately. Bigfoot mania of 70's and 80's nothing but distant memory. I famous for ability to not be see but don't think I not notice you not notice. I blame music television and the internet. People to stupid and lazy to appreciate conceptual artist like Bigfoot who appeal is absence. If Bigfoot give stuff away like Santa I be everybody hero." Amazing jems like this. Must read.
Rebecca
Jun 16, 2007 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adults with a certain twisted sense of humor
Shelves: graphic-novels
I got some big guffaws out of this one. Even though the illustrations are cartoonish, it is definitely an adult book in language and content. Find out the real deal behind the misunderstood forest dweller that is Bigfoot, told in his own monster vocabulary. My favorite part was the page illustrating the range of Bigfoot as an actor: Raisin...Puzzled Hobo...Douglas Fir...Lawyer who have invisible goblin friend. Fans of parody and satire, take note.
Elia
Dec 27, 2007 Elia rated it it was amazing
I saw this on the "best sellers of 2006" shelf at my local bookstore, was intrigued, picked it up, and proceeded to laugh harder than I had in a long time. Bigfoot as a paparazzi-stalked, carousing, now washed-up Hollywood celebrity is one of the most wonderfully ridiculous things I have seen in a while. I bought three copies because I knew I would want to give this to friends.
Fyza
Nov 08, 2008 Fyza rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with a sense of humor.
I saw this book while walking around Barnes & Noble. The cover and title instantly grabbed my attention, so I picked it up. I flipped through it, started laughing loud enough for people to look at me like I was crazy and decided to buy it.

This book is great and you can start reading from nearly any place inside.
Gillian
Apr 06, 2009 Gillian rated it really liked it
Bought this on a whim, and it was totally worth it. Hysterical stuff. Only problem is that it's about the size and shape of a Dr. Seuss book, and with the cartoon on the front, the kids keep bugging me to let them read it. And Me Write Book is No For Little Kids. :) I recommend it for grown-ups who want a nice break from drama. Had me laughing out loud many times.

Christine
Jan 21, 2008 Christine rated it it was ok
I gave this to Jason for Christmas then ended up reading it myself. Did you know that Bigfoot thinks his fame reached it's height in the 70's and 80's and and that he used to party with Morris the Cat. And that he's allergic to dogs. And he cries in the bathtub. Cray-cray! Seriously. I think I said I would try to read ten books over winter break, So can this count as one of them? Please.
Amy Smith
Nov 26, 2009 Amy Smith rated it it was ok
I don't think this was really my cup of tea. I was expecting the humor to be quite clever under the guise of stupidity, unfortunately it was just as the cover makes it look. The jokes are low-brow which I suppose is what you'd really get from a book written by Bigfoot, but I still can't help feeling a tad disappointed.
Chriss
Aug 16, 2010 Chriss rated it it was ok
A friend lent this to me. She enjoyed it and I liked the first two illustrations. But the rest of the humor was too crude for me. I also had a hard time reading the cursive in the Loch Ness Monster's introduction. Overall, I found the text hard to read at times and the humor itself just wasn't to my taste.
Aras
Jul 24, 2009 Aras rated it liked it
Shelves: public-library
A short humourous 'memoir' by Bigfoot. I thought some of the bits were absolutely hilarious, but then other parts fell pretty flat for page after page. I think it would have been stronger if it was more linear, and developed more of the bittersweet isolation of the character, rather than every page being a brand new kooky idea.
Charles
Nov 30, 2008 Charles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
A foul-mouthed Bigfoot writes about his rise and fall from fame, and the harsh realities of life as the last of his kind. This is an hilarious book, but Bigfoot's poor english, rudimentary art skills (each short vignette is accompanied by an illustration), and middle school sensibilities make it a somewhat touching read despite his vindictive streak.
  • The Collected Writings Of Ambrose Bierce
  • Overnight to Many Distant Cities
  • Should You Be Laughing at This?
  • A Child Again
  • The Various Lives of Keats and Chapman: Including The Brother
  • The Beetle Leg
  • A Smuggler's Bible
  • Moose
  • Library Mascot Cage Match (Unshelved, #3)
  • The Devil's Dictionary and Other Works
  • Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • The Pine Tar Game: The Kansas City Royals, the New York Yankees, and Baseball's Most Absurd and Entertaining Controversy

Bigfoot (3 books)
  • In Me Own Words: The Autobiography of Bigfoot
  • Bigfoot: I Not Dead

“It true, Bigfoot career been in hole lately. Bigfoot mania of the ‘70’s and ‘80’s but distant memory. I famous for ability to not be see but don’t think I not notice you not notice. I blame music television and internet. People too lazy and stupid to appreciate conceptual artist like Bigfoot who appeal is absence.” 2 likes
“Find hard to talk to stranger. Terrible at chit-chat. Think people look at me funny then I start panic think have to be clever all of time. They not understand I artist, not entertainer! Magic of Bigfoot what happen when people not looking.” 1 likes