Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir

Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir (Bigfoot)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  846 ratings  ·  124 reviews
Like many reclusive celebrities, Big Foot is misunderstood. In his touching memoir Me Write Book he wants to set the record straight, proving that although he’s larger, hairier, and more foul-smelling than most of us, he’s really not so different underneath.

Only the most coldhearted among us could look on without compassion as this hirsute Everyman struggles bravely with...more
Published November 29th 2005 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Me Write Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Write Book

Judy Vasseur
Me love Bigfoot. He good writer.
Linda
We were very nearly tossed out of a restaurant over this book. It was purchased as a gift for a friend, and we were reading it out loud as we celebrated his birthday. I snorted iced tea out my nose.
Mac
A very cerebral, erudite, extremely well written and researched memoir that sets the record straight about this grossly misunderstood creature. While somewhat dryly scientific and intellectual, it is at the same time palpably tender and almost sentimental. And if you don't like it, Bigfoot will eat your face.
Ak
I shudder to think of all the harried parents who've mistakenly grabbed this for their children just because it's got cartoons. This is not appropriate for children. It's not appropriate for humans of ANY age. I have to paraphrase Roger Ebert's review of the South Park movie again - I lol'd mao, but wasn't always proud of it.

The humor, like Bigfoot himself, is hyperviolent and operates by surprise - it lulls you into being all "oh, how fuzzy and cute" and patronizing, and then it's ripping your...more
Foxthyme
Not a book easily forgotten! And very honest. He's a funny Bigfoot, but he also smells like sh*t and rips bodies apart like he is picking daisies...
Elh52
Vol. II - You really haven't lived until you've read this second volume of the autobiography of Bigfoot. I have my reader-of-strange-things friend Beverly to thank for these.
Jason (RawBlurb)
Writing a review like Big Foot (from Roumieu’s book) is similar to playing scrabble drunk and simultaneously channeling the spirit of Frank Zappa, circa “Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow” (apostrophe, 1974 ). I hope to never to do this again, it was that painful. Great book though.

Me Write book write by Graham Roumieu. Very funny! Not children book, not classic literature. Somewhere in between is book, made for adult and is violent bloody.

Book was write from the perspective of Big Foot. Big Foot not st...more
abcdefg
Some spots were funny, but then again, some were so-so. This is the sequel to Roumieu's "In Me Own Words" and while I liked it, it wasn't like every page was hilarious. In fact, most of the pages didn't really make me laugh. That isn't to say there weren't moments where I did. I just felt like it could have been funnier in some way. Not sure what way though.

The illustrations are great in conveying each section and driving home its story/point. The whole book kind of revolves around Bigfoot tryi...more
Amanda
This book is amusing enough, but certainly not a children's book! I was surprised that it was in the Children's section of the Library. It is a clever idea, to write from the perspective of big foot. This certainly allows the author to throw any and all rules of grammar out the window!

I picked the book up, because I am in the process of writing a children's book about a Yeti (big foot's Himalayan cousin). I wanted to see how someone else might present a similar story, and I was a bit disappointe...more
Heather
After three years of wanting to read this interesting memoir, our paths finally crossed at my friend Jessie's house, when I was visiting her for a few days in BC. A quick read, the book delighted me both in words and illustrations. Considering how elusive Bigfoot is, his inconstant relationship with the media, I'm really surprised that this book did not hit any bestseller lists. Regardless, both Bigfoot's adventures and a snappy introduction by the Loch Ness Monster make this book a delightful r...more
jess
The second of three bigfoot autobiographies from Graham Roumieu, this one made me wish i had the foresight to read them in order. it seemed like the perfect bridge between the first and last book - stronger and funnier than the first one, but not as heavy-handed and polished as the third. like goldilocks might say, it's just right.

mister scribbles and bigfoot's allergies to each other broke my heart a little bit. the lonely, exhausting life of a violent, semi-mythological pop sensation is here...more
Andreina
Jun 19, 2012 Andreina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To those with a sense of humor.
Shelves: to-buy
I finished this book in 1 sitting. Mostly because it's funny as hell. I learned a lot about Bigfoot like: He stinks, He's a poet, a lyricist, a blogger, a writer, a fame whore, and is looking for love. I love that he writes the same way he speaks, unpretentious. What set apart this book from others I've read is that this book is like a children book you know, with drawings. Oh, and what about the introduction by Nessie?

Graham Roumieu is a genius!
Keith
This is one short book. I read about 1/3rd of it in the car on the way home from the library. And though, while a short read, it was also an interesting read. Having seen quite a number of documentaries, the usual grainy distant photos and all the requisite Sasqua-ploitation films WUSA has to offer on the subject, it was interesting to hear directly from the source. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in cryptozoology, and time constraints.
Becky
Jun 16, 2007 Becky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults with a certain twisted sense of humor
Shelves: graphic-novels
I got some big guffaws out of this one. Even though the illustrations are cartoonish, it is definitely an adult book in language and content. Find out the real deal behind the misunderstood forest dweller that is Bigfoot, told in his own monster vocabulary. My favorite part was the page illustrating the range of Bigfoot as an actor: Raisin...Puzzled Hobo...Douglas Fir...Lawyer who have invisible goblin friend. Fans of parody and satire, take note.
Elia
I saw this on the "best sellers of 2006" shelf at my local bookstore, was intrigued, picked it up, and proceeded to laugh harder than I had in a long time. Bigfoot as a paparazzi-stalked, carousing, now washed-up Hollywood celebrity is one of the most wonderfully ridiculous things I have seen in a while. I bought three copies because I knew I would want to give this to friends.
Christine
I gave this to Jason for Christmas then ended up reading it myself. Did you know that Bigfoot thinks his fame reached it's height in the 70's and 80's and and that he used to party with Morris the Cat. And that he's allergic to dogs. And he cries in the bathtub. Cray-cray! Seriously. I think I said I would try to read ten books over winter break, So can this count as one of them? Please.
Gillian
Bought this on a whim, and it was totally worth it. Hysterical stuff. Only problem is that it's about the size and shape of a Dr. Seuss book, and with the cartoon on the front, the kids keep bugging me to let them read it. And Me Write Book is No For Little Kids. :) I recommend it for grown-ups who want a nice break from drama. Had me laughing out loud many times.

Charles
A foul-mouthed Bigfoot writes about his rise and fall from fame, and the harsh realities of life as the last of his kind. This is an hilarious book, but Bigfoot's poor english, rudimentary art skills (each short vignette is accompanied by an illustration), and middle school sensibilities make it a somewhat touching read despite his vindictive streak.
Aras
A short humourous 'memoir' by Bigfoot. I thought some of the bits were absolutely hilarious, but then other parts fell pretty flat for page after page. I think it would have been stronger if it was more linear, and developed more of the bittersweet isolation of the character, rather than every page being a brand new kooky idea.
Amy Smith
I don't think this was really my cup of tea. I was expecting the humor to be quite clever under the guise of stupidity, unfortunately it was just as the cover makes it look. The jokes are low-brow which I suppose is what you'd really get from a book written by Bigfoot, but I still can't help feeling a tad disappointed.
Fyza
Nov 08, 2008 Fyza rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with a sense of humor.
I saw this book while walking around Barnes & Noble. The cover and title instantly grabbed my attention, so I picked it up. I flipped through it, started laughing loud enough for people to look at me like I was crazy and decided to buy it.

This book is great and you can start reading from nearly any place inside.
Chriss
A friend lent this to me. She enjoyed it and I liked the first two illustrations. But the rest of the humor was too crude for me. I also had a hard time reading the cursive in the Loch Ness Monster's introduction. Overall, I found the text hard to read at times and the humor itself just wasn't to my taste.
Ian
i have a better understanding of the guy.

as a musician, his lyrics speak volumes.

Hey baby can you no see there a teardrop in my eye?

Hey baby can you no see you baking sadness pie?

And it hot and it burn when i put it in my mouth

And it burn me insides tooooo

i was moved...deeply...
Margaret
Apr 05, 2010 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Gift from my brother
Written as though a book for children this one is definitely for adults. It is playful, clever, and laugh out loud funny. A great gift for a friend who needs a laugh.

Warning: I found myself wanting to read this one out loud in funny voices, resulting in much derision from my roommates.
Manuel Wanskasmith
Did you know that Bigfoot is actually a jaded famewhore looking for a break into showbusiness? Well he is. And he hates all the tourists that hound him. He's just like you and me!
This series is really funny.

This one reveals a bit more of Bigfoot's vulnerable side. And is hilarious.
Dina
Super funny quick read. Plus a intro by the Loch Ness Monster. How can you beat that? Need to kill 20 minutes pick this book up. I actually laughed out loud at a few things but it's also very topical so a few of the things he talks about will escape younger readers.
Jason Richardson
I found this book very funny, but the real genesis for the high rating is that I literally cannot think or say the title without laughing.

"Me Write Book." I can't explain humor any better than the next guy, but this is one thing that makes me laugh every time.
Abigail
I laughed so hard while reading this book that I cried a few times. The humor is very simple and at times a little morbid or of the toilet variety - basically what you might expect from a Bigfoot memoir. I also loved the introduction by the Loch Ness Monster.
Silly and sometimes hilarious memoir written by Bigfoot, in his very authentic style. My favorite excerpt of this one: "You Want Come in for Drink, Maybe", wherein Bigfoot gives his ladyfriend a romantic shoulder rub, only to (accidentally?)break her neck.
  • Should You Be Laughing at This?
  • Professional Idiot: A Memoir
  • Cancer Made Me a Shallower Person: A Memoir in Comics
  • Pinocchio
  • Return of the Bunny Suicides
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • Billy Hazelnuts (Billy Hazelnuts, #1)
  • The Number 73304-23-4153-6-96-8
  • Library Mascot Cage Match (Unshelved, #3)
  • Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations
  • Swallow Me Whole
  • Goodnight Bush: A Parody
  • Tonoharu: Part One
  • 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man
  • Albert and the Others
  • Swish: My Quest to Become the Gayest Person Ever
  • The Freddie Stories
  • The Bizarro Starter Kit  (blue)
In Me Own Words: The Autobiography of Bigfoot Bigfoot: I Not Dead 101 Ways To Kill Your Boss Cat & Gnome Sign My Crack

“It true, Bigfoot career been in hole lately. Bigfoot mania of the ‘70’s and ‘80’s but distant memory. I famous for ability to not be see but don’t think I not notice you not notice. I blame music television and internet. People too lazy and stupid to appreciate conceptual artist like Bigfoot who appeal is absence.” 2 likes