Start by marking “Clifford at the Circus” as Want to Read:
Clifford at the Circus

Clifford at the Circus (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  532 ratings  ·  17 reviews

The big dog hits the big top and this is no time for clowning around. Clifford needs to save the circus and rescue Emily Elizabeth.

Published April 1st 1985 by Scholastic (first published 1977)

Julie Barrett

Clifford at the Circus by Norman Bridwell
This audio book has first section with turn page signals. Second half is without the signals.
Emily Elizabeth is the reader and she tells the story. This book is about how Clifford her dog goes to the circus with her.
They see many things there : a sign asking for help. She and Clifford apply for the job to help them put the show on.
She tells of the problems with the animals and Clifford solves that problem. Clowns needed to be trained as some had quit.
Cli
Jennifer Warrick Davis
My 7 year old recently borrowed this book from our local library.

The circus has come to town. It is up to Clifford and Emily Elizabeth to save the day. They must help the circus with their acts. Clifford and Emily Elizabeth have lots of fun helping the circus.

My son really liked this book. He is a huge Clifford fan. He needed very little help with reading it.
Rosa Cline
This is one of the original Clifford books, before it became a tv show. I enjoy those better than those based upon the cartoon but that's also what I grew up reading. Both versions are great, but these classics are just that "classic" and good.
Gianni Llano
Clifford At the Circus was an okay read. Being the fact that a lot of things was going wrong through out the story, the happy ending would be great for the children.
Jodie
When taking my nephew to his first circus, I had to include Clifford in the experience! A fun read when I was a kid and a great book to share.
Elanor
May 19, 2015 Elanor added it
All by herself!
Robert
I must not be a Clifford fan. The entire premise of a big red dog is too much for me to appreciate. I don't understand why the circus animals listened to the dog, but not the animal trainer.

I know little ones enjoy Clifford so I guess this is all right. For me, I was bored.
Taylor Troncin
This book was read for Wesley’s summer reading club. Wesley is my (soon to be five year old) son. This review is what we used for his reading club.
***

Wesley thinks that Clifford is pretty interesting and he liked this story.
Megan Breslow
There is nothing that great about this book but its not bad either. This would be a good book for beginning readers. Its the usual story of Clifford saving the day.
Stream Academy Lending Library
Included in "Clifford's Big Adventure" book which features three stories:

-"Clifford at the Circus"
-"Clifford Goes to Dog School"
- Clifford Visits the Hospital"
Amanda
My 3 1/2 yr old likes Clifford, probably owing mostly to the PBS show, and this book didn't disappoint. Despite its age, still fun for little ones.
Stacy Vance
I read this book the day before we went on a fieldtrip to the circus. We then compared our visit with the book.
Theresa
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show. a cute childhood story book.
Vanessa
How he leads the circus to greatness.
PWRL
SM
Dan
2 copies
Timsichandhokyahoo.Com
Timsichandhokyahoo.Com marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Kristy
Kristy added it
May 11, 2015
Mande
Mande added it
May 11, 2015
  • Franklin's Halloween
  • Happy Birthday, Danny and the Dinosaur!
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Ghost of the Forest
  • When The Leaf Blew In
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Daisy Comes Home
  • Arthur's Birthday (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Little Red Hen
  • Max's Christmas
  • Carl's Masquerade
  • The Little Rabbit
  • The New Adventures of Curious George
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Clifford, We Love You (Clifford the Big Red Dog)
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Clifford and the Grouchy Neighbors
  • Clifford Barks!
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Goes to Hollywood
  • Clifford Goes to the Doctor
  • Clifford Goes To Washington
  • Clifford Grows Up
Clifford the Big Red Dog Clifford's Halloween Clifford The Small Red Puppy Clifford The Firehouse Dog Clifford's Birthday Party