Start by marking “Newlyweds of Convenience” as Want to Read:
Newlyweds of Convenience

Newlyweds of Convenience

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  15 reviews
For Better?

Corporate wife Mallory McIver has promised her new husband a businesslike marriage, with no messy emotions involved.

For Worse?

Then Torr announces he's moving to the Highlands of Scotland to restore the derelict castle he's inherited. And he expects Mallory to accompany him....

Forever!

As Torr swaps his suits for jeans, Mallory is bewildered. She married a sophist
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Newlyweds of Convenience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Newlyweds of Convenience

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Pam
08/19/08
TITLE/AUTHOR: NEWLYWEDS OF CONVENIENCE by Jessica hart
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Romance/2008/179 pgs
SERIES/STAND ALONE: Stand Alone
TIME/PLACE: Present/Scotland
CHARACTERS: Torr McIver/Entrepeneur; Mallory/Interior Designer & his wife
FIRST LINES: "This year has seen record sales of Valentine's Day cards, while florists report that red roses are still the most popular choice for..." Mallory reached quickly for the remote control & pointed it at the television to switch
A.J. Barnett
Hart satisfies all expectations with this romance. Newlyweds of Convenience, takes place in a glamorized setting, which creates a credible perspective. The central characters become people you easily identify with. It is remarkable how emotionally enmeshed you can become reading this book. Newlyweds of Convenience, is a tear-jerker, enchanting, and spicy, all rolled into one.
Nell
A classic Jessica Hart story that has you rooting for this couple from the word go. Add in a ruined scottish castle and a cute dog and this story is a real winner.
Kathy
Mar 11, 2011 Kathy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Genre fans
Recommended to Kathy by: amazon.com
I don't normally read romance novels, but this one sounded kind of interesting. Mallory McIver is an interior designer that has her own successful business. Her life is turned upside down when she falls in love with Steve.. a con-artist that preys on unsuspecting women. He convinces Mallory to invest in a joint venture to restore old buildings. Mallory talks a client into investing in the venture also. Steve suddenly disappears, leaving Mallory with massive debts and a tarnished reputation. The ...more
Marimarime
3*read for me but since I stick with h.presents and setting as well as writing style is nice maybe it's 3.5*. Loving heroines on rebound marrying first wealthy man that proposes ,naturally, very interesting read and one of my favorite themes I snapped this book eagerly. It's mentioned in some reviews that this is steamy ready-well it's not! There's not even a kiss described properly,just sexual tension and awareness between them. What bugged me most is that heroine is too vague and she doesn't ...more
Cherise
I like this and it only works because of the H. The h is pretty horrible from start to finish to be frank. But then I guess I should not be stand as jury and judge as we are all human and we have our faults, and that even make belief novels doesn't need to feature perfect people to make a beautiful story.

This is mostly a story about how one recovers from a bad relationship. The h not only got dumped but also got cleaned out and saddled with debt by her ex. She was shell shocked, down trodden and
Cady Lorenzana
'Sex?'
'Yes.' She cleared her throat. 'I....er...I was wondering...if...if...you'd think about...'

Torr let out a short breath that might have been a suppressed laugh or a snort of derision, and she bridled. Did he think this was easy for her?

'I think you know quite well what I'm trying to ask of you,' she finished tartly.

His expression was unreadable in the darkness. 'You want to make love?'

When I saw this book at a newly open bookstore in a mall near my place, there's no single hesitation in
Kim_bab
Mar 10, 2014 Kim_bab rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: moc

Steve, pria yang dipuja2 oleh Mallory ternyata menipunya habis2an dan kabur dengan membawa uang mereka, akibatnya Mallory harus menanggungnya dengan menikahi Torr, salah satu dari korbar penipuan Steve demi membayar hutangnya. Mallory yang merasa terjebak dengan pernikahannya terpaksa harus mengikuti suaminya ke daerah terpencil untuk memugar reruntuhan castle warisan Torr.Dan disinilah dimulai kisah cinta mereka. Simple and sweet love story.
Natālija
The only problem I had with the book was Mallory. She came across as self-absorbed and rather unsympathetic, and I really thought that Torr deserved someone more worthy of him.
Xenia
A lovely romance story that I could not put down until I finished reading it. The fact that it included a castle in the Scottish Highlands made it all the more romantic. I loved the Hero Torr McIver. I found the heroine quite frustrating though. Her former fiance was a con-man and she continued to pine after him for quite some time after he walked out on her leaving her in huge debt and her career shattered. She was also constantly arguing with Torr for no good reasons.

The ending is precious an
R.J. Gonzales
Read back in '08.

Ah yes, the book that led me to develop a craving for romance in other books, how on earth could I have forgotten to review you?? lol xP Can't really say much but: I devoured it, Loved it and still have the little tattered book on my bookcase haha. I really wish there was a sequel, or companion novel. :]

Don't judge. Everyone needs a light, steamy read once in a while! xP haha.
Qing
Awfully predictable, but sweet.
Isha
very cutely written. a feel good book
Donna
Great book.
Fayka Shannazti
Fayka Shannazti marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Ybee Woon
Ybee Woon marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • The Guardian's Forbidden Mistress
  • The Shy Duchess
  • Bartered Bride
  • A Matter of Choice
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Marrying the Major (The Women of Swan's Nest, #4)
  • Dark Illusion
After a haphazard career spent working and travelling around the world, I stumbled into romance writing as a way to fund a PhD. My first book, A Sweeter Prejudice, came out in 1991, and since then I've written a further 59 books, some of which have won awards in the US and the UK.
I live in York, a historic city in the north of England, and waste the best part of my days planning trips away or on
More about Jessica Hart...
Ordinary Girl in a Tiara Hitched! Cinderella's Wedding Wish Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect Oh-So-Sensible Secretary