Start by marking “空の境界 上 (Kara no Kyoukai, #1)” as Want to Read:
空の境界 上 (Kara no Kyoukai, #1)

空の境界 上 (Kara no Kyoukai [空の境界] #1)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Published 2007 by Kodansha (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about 空の境界 上, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 空の境界 上

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru TanigawaSpice & Wolf, Vol. 1 by Isuna HasekuraKino no Tabi by Keiichi SigsawaThe Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi OnoWelcome to the N.H.K. by Tatsuhiko Takimoto
Ranobes - Japanese Light Novels
14th out of 106 books — 120 voters
境界の彼方 [Kyoukai no Kanata] by Torii NagomuNo.6, Volume 1 by Atsuko Asano氷菓 1 [Hyouka 1] by Honobu Yonezawa氷菓 [Hyouka] by Honobu Yonezawa聖☆おにいさん 1 [Seinto Oniisan 1] by Hikaru Nakamura
USA Release Wishlist
56th out of 337 books — 112 voters

More lists with this book...

Mizuki
Kara no Kyōkai is a worthy, highly enjoyable light novel (light novels=Japanese term for young adult novels, or ACG-based novels) I strongly recommend you to read it.

I learnt that this series started off as a highly popular online fanfic---I am not surprised, because I realized many settings are taken out from Tsukihime, a visual novel game by Type-Moon (a creative group of artists and authors). But unlike Tsukihime (translation: Moon Princess), so far I haven't seen any vampire, not yet anyway.
Cris N.
I read the English fan translation of the series "Kara no Kyoukai" ("Empty Boundaries") published online by Cokesakto. The story revolves around an unusual girl named Shiki Ryogi and her boyfriend Mikiya Kokuto. There are three volumes in this series, and the overall story is composed of 7 short stories. There are some things readers should know before reading "Empty Boundaries". First, in these stories, there is a switch in perspective between characters every now and then. Usually it is from e ...more
Agv
Dec 26, 2014 Agv rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
Well I did give the anime a try some months ago and ended dropping it really disappointed. I was expecting way more of the author of Tsukihime vn
Now I have tried the books and man there is a lot of difference, because I really like how it is written and its atmosphere. Btw also enjoyed the occasional jokes (I actually laughed quite loud a couple of times reading it)

For the newbies this is about several incidents in Tokyo, which deepen in details of Nasuverse: a solid world with magic, magic mons
Kim Dy
Feb 07, 2015 Kim Dy rated it it was amazing
Fantastic narration, deep and well thought point of views of each characters and a very good explanation of the paradox of flying and floating. Kara no Kyoukai Vol. 1 is an amazingly written novel by Kinoko Nasu who wrote Fata Stay Night and Tsukihime. The light novel's psychological depth is one of its best areas that made readers adore the series. Kara no Kyoukai will surely tease you with its well thought psychological elements that blends well with mystery and the supernatural.

Highly fantas
Thiago Braun
Jan 27, 2016 Thiago Braun rated it liked it
Shelves: light-novel
A narração do Nasu é tão simplista que me doí. Mesmo o universo dele sendo tão interessante, você acaba percebendo que ele sempre caí em um lugar-comum que é: O protagonista tem alguma maldição que o impede de viver uma vida normal.

Mesmo fora do Nasuverse, isso acontece. E é muito ruim esteticamente.
Shadow
Jul 28, 2012 Shadow rated it really liked it
An excellent supernatural light novel. The translation that I found was very well done.
Great use of the manipulation of chronology/time, perception and point of view
Makhda
Awesome anime.

description
A Student's
Nov 25, 2013 A Student's rated it it was amazing
AMAZING NON LINEAR STORY LINE HANDS DOWN KINOKO NASU IS THE BEST WRITER EVER.
Michael King
Michael King rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2016
Yuki
Yuki marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Happy
Happy marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
AluminumCanRead
AluminumCanRead marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Albert
Albert marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Fernan Moriel
Fernan Moriel marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Angel vanity
Angel vanity rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Candy Mercado
Candy Mercado marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Guillermo
Guillermo rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Nozolga59
Nozolga59 is currently reading it
May 27, 2016
Yifei
Yifei rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Belen Worsham
Belen Worsham marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Atlas
Atlas rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Juan
Juan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Joland Castillejos
Joland Castillejos rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Judyta
Judyta rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Duip
Duip added it
May 13, 2016
A
A rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
BEST BOOK EVER 1 4 Nov 25, 2013 02:49PM
  • Fate/Zero(2)英霊参集 [Eirei Sanshuu]
  • Kino No Tabi: Where Nothing Is Written
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5
  • The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #7)
  • デュラララ!! ×4
  • Book Girl and the Wayfarer's Lamentation
  • アクセル・ワールド 1 -黒雪姫の帰還- [Akuseru Wārudo 1: Kuroyukihime no Kikan] (Accel World Light Novel, #1: The Return of Princess Snow Black)
  • 図書館戦争 (図書館戦争, #1)
  • Boogiepop And Others
  • Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars, Volume 2: The Iblis
  • .hack // AI Buster (AI Buster, #1)

Kara no Kyoukai [空の境界] (3 books)
  • 空の境界 中 (Kara no Kyoukai, #2)
  • 空の境界 下 (Kara no Kyoukai, #3)

“We don't choose the path we take because of the sins we carry. But we carry our sins on the path we choose.” 20 likes
“There are two ways to escape: escape without a purpose and escape with a purpose. I call the former 'floating', and the latter 'flight'.” 15 likes