The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook

The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,513 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook is a newly created volume of the Southern Living Cookbook that's even better than the first! It's a complete guide of basics -- the only cookbook you'll ever need. It includes the best basic recipes from the Southern Living files, retested to focus on time, convenience, and good health for your family. The book is full of up-to-date, e...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Oxmoor House (first published May 1999)

Sherry
Apr 13, 2009 Sherry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This is hands-down the most used cookbook in my collection! Although there's nothing too adventurous here, every recipe is a tried-and-true standard, and even though most recipes are "southern" style, there's plenty of good American comfort food anyone can enjoy, regardless of where you hail from. The benefit of being compliled by Southern Living is that these recipes have been tested over the decades, so every recipe is a winner, every single time! Any time anyone asks me for a good cookbook, t...more
Kristina Froid
This is a great all in one cookbook for people who like to make (and eat!) Southern Comfort food. If you're a dieter, this probably isn't the book for you, though there are a few low cal meals. My favorite thing about this book is how straight forward the recipes are and that there is always cook time listed. You'll find yourself, if you're anything like me, buying lots of cookbooks but only using this one.
Tamara Winters
Jan 13, 2014 Tamara Winters rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: serious cooks, folks just learning to cook, people who love food
Absolutely indispensable. My first stop when looking for a recipe for anything. A must for any kitchen.
Shannon
I feel the need to rate this because I use this cookbook so incredibly much. I've used it for everything from baby showers to nice dinners to Thanksgiving desserts. This book provides not only recipes, but detailed 'how to' pictures so that even complicated meals are easy. Highly recommended for anyone who spends lots of time in their kitchen.
Kate  Hertlein
This is one of my most-used cookbooks. Excellent informal as well as elegant recipes with a wide range of cook's experience levels. I collect the annual Southern Living cookbooks and use them all, but besides the annual Christmas books that also have menus and recipes, this is by far the best cookbook Southern Living has published.
Lisa
The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook offers amazing recipes that is fitting for any occasion. This book features many color photographs of the recipes and step-by-step instructions as well as tips and techniques. A wonderful resource for any cook.
Shawnie
This has been my favorite cookbook for several years. I love the charts and tables and often reference them for meat cooking temps and times. Today, I'm making the Crumb-Topped Apple Pie!
Marylou
I love this cookbook - it has recipes and tips for everything!! Great pictures and easy to follow!!
Nancy
My all-time favorite cookbook. Every kitchen should have a copy.
Sandra
Best cookbook I have! Excellent for wedding gift...
Vanessa
Great cookbook with many Southern favorites.
This is one of the best cookbooks ever!
Bonnie Martin
Bonnie Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Kelley Hawkins
Kelley Hawkins marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
  • The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook
  • The Lady & Sons Just Desserts: More Than 120 Sweet Temptations from Savannah's Favorite Restaurant
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes
  • Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook, Facsimile Edition
  • Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook
  • Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
  • Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations
  • Food Network Favorites
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • The Best of Cooking Light: Over 500 of Our All-Time Greatest Recipes
  • The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie Cookbook
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-Be Southerners
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need
Homestyle Cooking (Southern Living) Holidays & Celebrations (Southern Living) Southern Living Homestyle Cooking Coffee and Tea Lover's Cookbook Christmas Gifts of Good Taste: Over 200 Recipes & Crafts