Start by marking “The Witches' Craft: The Roots of Witchcraft & Magical Transformation” as Want to Read:
The Witches' Craft: The Roots of Witchcraft & Magical Transformation

The Witches' Craft: The Roots of Witchcraft & Magical Transformation

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Set foot on the well-worn path...follow the the time-honored traditions of the Craft as it was once practiced by the village witch. This meticulously researched reference guide preserves the authentic history and practices of Witchcraft, much of which has been forgotten, misplaced, or discarded through the years.

Award-winning Wiccan author Raven Grimassi presents many aspe
Published October 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Witches' Craft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witches' Craft

Aurah Sage
This was the first book I read on the Craft about 7 or 8 years ago. though I didn't feel I learned too much probably because I had already done some online research back then. It's very preliminary and kind of reads like a light desk reference with introductory summaries. It's presented in a way that I feel doesn't intimidate the reader and by giving them too much to take in since it only grazes the surface.The readers meant to see what interests them and look further into their topics of intere ...more
Ariel Brown
Raven Grimassi is a good teacher. In this book he not only addresses the witch's tools and practices, but gives a comprehensive look into history, ethics and philosophy of Witchcraft. Highly recommended for new Witches.
Wiccanmoon JulieJenks
Apr 12, 2014 Wiccanmoon JulieJenks rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jay-Jay
I am really enjoying this book by Raven Grimassi! A bit of everything. Touches on a bit of everything witchcraft from A to Z. Even includes how to make my own witches ladder. I've wanted to learn that since last spring!
Gregory Mark
The very best book on witchcraft I have ever read.
Morighan Hopkins
Apr 06, 2007 Morighan Hopkins rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every Witch I know
I have learned quite a few things I did not know before!
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jenn Waltner
Jenn Waltner is currently reading it
May 09, 2015
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Antoaneth
Antoaneth marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Briana Hodge
Briana Hodge marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Creola
Creola marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Althea Booth
Althea Booth marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Danae
Danae marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
V
V marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Laura Gibson
Laura Gibson marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jayna
Jayna marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Karo
Karo marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Jan Erickson
Jan Erickson marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
  • Real Witches' Craft
  • Green Witchcraft III: The Manual
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week
  • Signs, Symbols & Omens: An Illustrated Guide to Magical & Spiritual Symbolism
  • Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own
  • Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Spell Crafts: Creating Magical Objects
Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration Wiccan Mysteries: Ancient Origins & Teachings Italian Witchcraft: The Old Religion of Southern Europe Encyclopedia of Wicca & Witchcraft Spirit of the Witch: Religion & Spirituality in Contemporary Witchcraft