Start by marking “My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)

My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,517 ratings  ·  65 reviews
New from the author of the surprise hit "The Kitchen Witch"
"The Kitchen Witch" author Annette Blair serves up a charming tale of a beautiful witch--cursed by her ex-boyfriend--who is appointed to work with a former hockey star, the one man who can melt the ice around her heart.
Published January 3rd 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about My Favorite Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Favorite Witch

Darcy
I love reading books by this author, why is that you ask, well it is because I have come to expect a few things that make me laugh while reading them. Those would be witty, snarky dialogue, up front sex talk with lots of innuendos and toy talk, crazy antics by the couple and the people and things around them, plus lots of magic.

This time around there was lots of the above some highlights of the book would be the hockey and witch metaphors, a whole passel of boys from an orphanage and all the cra
Michelle
Picked this book up on a whim...romance novels are an occassional guilty pleasure for me. Had no idea what it was about and had no expections. So, that being said, I liked it and am planning on reading the other books in the series.

Simple story, really, about guy and girl who have both given up on love...only to fall for each other. Nothing new - including the Grandmother pushing them together. Funny thing, though, she was my favorite character.

Because the title character, Kira, is involved with
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
A bit more magic in this one, continuing with the group of friends we first met in The Kitchen Witch. Again, really light read, decent romance. Fluffy fun, but I enjoyed the first one more.
Nairabell
Jason Pickering Goddard's career as a playboy ice hockey star came to a dramatic halt when a car accident left him unable to play. At the insistence of his grandmother he is the new Director of Special Events at the struggling Pickering Foundation, hoping his fame will save the foundation's boys foster home. But when Jason walks into the office to see Kira Fitzgerald with wand in hand cursing her ex-fiance, he wonders if he'll be able to survive the year with Kira as his new coordinator let alon ...more
Peggy O'Connell
The romance between Kira and Jason is cute with lots of witty repartee and double entendres (many involving hockey sticks). Overall, this was a light, amusing, and cute story.
That being said, I did have some real problems with this book... Lets see, there is a witch who carries her wand everywhere and actively encourages the waving of the wand and the power being in the wand, a lot of emphasis on what said witch is wearing, a huge lead up to the actual sex scene (lots of foreplay) which didn't p
HÜLYA
Kısaca batmakta olan Pickering Vakfını kurtarmak isteyen hokey oyuncusu Jason ile Mutfak Cadısı müdavimlerinden ve vakfın çalışanı Kira'nın hikayesi idi..Birbirlerinden etkilenmeleri uzun sürmedi..Melody Seabright Serisi 2 . kitabı olan Bu romanı çok sevdim..Çok sevimli bir kitaptı..Vakıfı kurtarmak,büyükannesin de kırmamak için Kiranın 6 aylığına patronu olacaktı..Başlarda olduköa çatışan ikili kısa sürede birbirlerinin etkisi altına girmeleri kaçınılmazdı..Ama Kira evliliğin eşiğinden yeni dön ...more
Jenn
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Kira Fitzgerald has sworn off men, especially jocks. Her ex-fiancé and their canceled wedding –the cost of which she’s paying for alone have definitely screwed up her life. She’s left behind her job at the museum to take another at a non-profit organization which helps to support a boys’ orphanage. She took the job because it included room and board, something she can’t afford if she’s going to pay for all the unused wedding supplies alone. She can bar
Isabell
Inhalt:
Als Kira Fitzgerald ihren Verlobten mit ihrer Schwester im Bett erwischt, schwört sie den Männern ab. Doch dieser Entschluss gerät gefährlich ins Wanken, als sie ihren neuen Chef begegnet. Der gut aussehende Eishockey-Star Jason Goddard nimmt nach einem schweren Autounfall eine Auszeit und kümmert sich um seine Stiftung. Von seinen Karriereplänen will er sich durch nichts und niemanden ablenken lassen - auch nicht von einer charmanten jungen Hexe. Doch die Magie zwischen Kira und Jason en
Sevimli Hırsız
Üzülerek söylüyorum hiç beğenmedim! Mutfak Cadısı’ndan sonra kitap resmen elimde süründü.İlk kitapta yazar aşka değinirken bu kitapta tamamen kuru kuru bir cinsellik anlatmış ki o da beni çok sıktı.Jason ve Kira arasındaki aşkı hiç hissedemedim.Ben bu durumu ilk kitabın birazda dramatik olmasına bağlıyorum.İlk kitaptaki konu gereği aşk daha ağır basıyordu ama bu kitapta maalesef sonuna kadar hiç tat alamadım.O kadar ki bir bölümünde Kira , Melody ve Logan’dan yardım isteyerek onları kitaba dahil ...more
Cherie
Just finished this one this morning. I liked it a lot better than The Kitchen Witch . As a character, Kira is a lot more interesting than Melody, and Kira's counterpart Jason, more interesting than Melody's Logan.

Like the previous book, there was a lot of back and forth with the main characters trying to deny their feelings for each other, but unlike in the first, the reasons for Kira and Jason's denial of their feelings was more believable, and even understandable, than Melody and Logan's were.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This is first of all, an adult romance novel. There are vivid love scenes that add to the story but are not for teenagers and below.

I love this trilogy of romances because of the paranormal twist. We are talking about good witches and love situations.

A romance is predictable. It introduces the couple normally after they have each had disappointments in the love area of their lives. Then, the couple slowly are drawn to each other and viola! Love match!

In this novel we have a hockey player, who i
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
şirin bir hikayeydi.kalbi kırılmış ve erkeklere olan güveni zedelenmiş cadımız Kira, yaptığı kaza sonucu sevdiği hokeyden ve sahte sahne ışıklarından, şovlarından uzaklaşmış olan Jason...
Çiftimizin yolu kader midir sihir midir bilinmez kesişir..Jason hokeye geri dönmek istesede iyileşene kadar büyükannesine ve ona ait vakıfa
yardım etmek için kolları sıvar ve başlar balolar,oyunlar,geziler vs. düzenlemeye..eee tabi birde tuttuğunu koparan zeki kızımız Kira'da asistanlığını yapar bu arada...
Biraz
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Kristen
Annette Blair's books are dependable for fun, quirky, likeable characters, and romantic plots with just enough angst to keep you reading to find out how the hero and heroine finally get together.

In this outing our Favourite Witch, Kira, has just dumped her jock fiance after catching him in bed with her sister! Yikes!

She then is forced to work with another jock, Jason, who is the grandson of Kira's boss, a little old lady who, while appearing sweet and doddery, has a will of iron and schemes wort
Anjula
I was looking forward to this book because I enjoyed Kitchen Witch. I only made it about 1/3 of the way through before giving up. Because they worked together, I expected there to be some semblance of appropriate behavior in the beginning. But nope, every outfit she wore was workplace inappropriate (tube dresses and midriff baring dresses, really?). And she was stroking "Harvey" in what, 2 weeks? They hadn't even kissed. It was just...off-putting.
Nicole Romine
I could write this review using only one word: Disappointing. I’ve previously read Annette Blair’s “Kitchen Witch” and a “Veiled Deception.” These books were light, fun reads, yet they were also engaging and well-written. “My Favorite Witch” lacked all of these qualities. The characters, along with the plot, felt forced. As such, I just couldn’t bring myself to care about finishing the book (as evidenced by how long it took me to finish it). Even worse, it felt as though this book was never seen ...more
Myndi
I was a little slower getting into this book than I was the first in the series...when I finally started getting into it though, boy was I hooked! In this book we get to see some return characters from the first book, as well as some lovely new characters. I love that about a series like this that centers around a different couple per book. I also loved that there was a bit more to the paranormal aspect in this book than in the first. And the romance was HOT! Another thing I'm really liking abou ...more
Stephy
I really enjoyed this book. And I plan on reading the rest of the series even though it's part 2 I wasn't confused or anything by not reading the first book.

The Kitchen Witch author Annette Blair serves up a charming tale of a beautiful witch--cursed by her ex-boyfriend--who is appointed to work with a former hockey star, the one man who can melt the ice around her heart.

Cardyn Brooks
Annette Blair's Accidental Witch Trilogy is utterly charming, and My Favorite Witch is my favorite of the three. Kira and Jason's chemistry grows throughout the evolution of their relationship from combatants to lovers with humor and emotional vulnerability. Bessie and the orphaned boys add amusement and depth. A.B. puts a fresh spin on the "wronged (witch) woman meets injured jock" scenario.

For someone who doesn't typically reread fiction, I've reread My Favorite Witch whenever I'm jonesing for
Jocelyn
Kara
I liked the first one better-just because I liked the horrible cook getting her own cooking show-it was funny. This book has less humor, more sex, and is completely predictable. It is a nice little romance. Has some off beat parts which make it a little different from every other guy meets girl, they both fight feelings but fall madly in love stories. There are orphans, best kisser in the country show, strong characters-it is fun.
Cindi
Great book. I almost didn't read it after reading the first book in the series, which I totally hated. Kira and Jason's story is much more believable than Melody and Logan's. Not to mention, Kira and Jason are actually likable, unlike Mel and Logan. I really, really liked the story and how everything came together in a sweet way. Loved Gram and the twins.

The last few pages of this book ALMOST make up for "The Kitchen Witch".
Natalie
This is book 2 in the Accidental Witch Trilogy. I didn't read book 1 and I'm not going to read book 3 either. There is so little witchcraft in this book that it's a crime to have the word witch in the title. There was sex but no chemistry and no action or adventure or strange plot twists to keep me interested. These were pretty one-dimensional characters. Contemporary Romance, not Paranormal!
Lady Ozma
Meet an unlucky in love witch and a gimp hockey player who work together for a charitable foundation. More importantly meet twin orphans who steal the show with every scene.

I know this was supposed to be a funny romance but I fell in love with the boys. There's a whole pack of orphan boys that the main characters work with and each one is absolutely adorable. What a cast of supporting characters!
GoldenjoyBazyll
These books are just plain FUN!

This one in the series is about Kira! She just breaks off a wedding plans nd gets the heck outta Dodge. She lands at a job as fundraiser and little does she know that her boss will be a temp. raiser!

As they set the stage for a haunted mansion tour a strange and wonderful romance finds them! If only things worked out like this in real life!!!!! ;)
Nov 27, 2011 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
this book was so much different than the first book in the series. this had less internal dialogue, which i really enjoyed. this was more about sexual relationship than romantic chemistry between the characters. and this book was way way way more cheesy. the end seemed rushed and overall it was kind of over the top, but an enjoyable read with some good dirty romance to keep you entertained!
Gothbarbie
I just read a romance novel. I really wasn't looking for a romance novel -it was CALLED - My Favorite Witch-
so I expected WITCH action - my other witches fight demons and bad vampires and stuff and kick lots of ass and have all kinds of powers-
this lame "witch" had a "wand" but only did two "spells" that were worthless poems that really didn't necessarily DO anything.

Liisa
Another great tale by Annette Blair. "My Favourite Witch" is set in another New England city (Newport, Rhode Island) and takes us through another on again, off again romance between a witch (Kira) and this time, hockey player / Playboy (Jason).

It's a fun, fluffy, entertaining read. A book to take on the 'plane or to read by the pool.
Diana
Injured on the ice, NHL hockey player Jason is coerced by his grandmother to work with a foundation for orphaned boys. He is assisted by Kira Fitzgerald, a sexy witch trying to recover from her cheating fiance.

This book was straight up strange. The plots, dialogue and character were weird. There was nothing bad about the story; it was just odd.
Christy
This second book in Ms. Blair's Accidental Witch Trilogy is a fun and totally amusing romance that held my interest from the first page and had me laughing out loud several times. Kira and Jason are a perfect combination, and being reunited with characters Melody and Logan from the first book added to the comical story.
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • A Charmed Death (A Bewitching Mystery, #2)
  • Casual Hex (Hex, #3)
  • Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart, #5)
  • My Way to Hell (Hell #2)
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
196212
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first ...more
More about Annette Blair...

Accidental Witch Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1)
  • The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)
The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1) A Veiled Deception (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #1) Sex and the Psychic Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #1) An Undeniable Rogue (Rogues Club, #1) The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)