Start by marking “Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic, #2)

Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,560 ratings  ·  63 reviews
From the bestselling author of Breath of Magic and Shadows and Lace comes a beguiling new time-travel love story in the hilarious, magical voice that has made Teresa Medeiros one of the nation's most beloved romance writers.

Published June 2nd 1997 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Enchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Enchantment

Ingela Hyatt
Tabitha Lennox, girl genius, has no time for love, and certainly doesn't believe in fairytales, happy endings or magic. Even though she is a witch. Born to a handsome and genius billionaire of a father, and a beautiful witch for a mother, Tabitha wanted nothing more than to be an ordinary girl, with no powers to speak of. But it was those very powers that made her extraordinary, and her life one disaster after another, until she learned never to voice her longings or her wishes ever again. Prefe ...more
Amanda Ryan
Redonk Nutshell: Heiress and witch in denial is accidentally transported back in time and into the path of a knight bent on seeking vengeance

Tabitha Lennox has inherited her mother's penchant for magic, and she ain't happy about it. She immerses herself in science and technology and sharpens her already brilliant mind, a move to counteract the whimsical and fantastical nature of her mother's history. When her parents disappear during a plane ride over the Bermuda Triangle, Tabitha follows her mo
Janette Brown
Heiress Tabitha Lennox considered her paranormal talents more a curse than a gift. So she dedicated her life to the cold, rational world of science. Until the day she examined the mysterious amulet her mother had left her and found herself catapulted seven centuries into the past--directly into the path of a rearing black charger ridden by a chain-mailed warrior. Sir Colin of Ravenshaw had returned from the Crusades to find his castle in ruins, his enemy poised to overrun the land where generati ...more
K
Jun 10, 2012 K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of historical/time travel romance
Recommended to K by: found on author's website
Touch of Enchantment is the sequel to Breath of Magic and is the story of Tabitha Lennox, daughter of Arian and Tristan. Whereas in Breath of Magic the past came to the future, in Touch of Enchantment the present goes to the past. I must start off by saying that I enjoyed this story more than the first, finding it an enjoyable read overall. I liked the characters, both old and new, and how the plot, although slightly predictable, still offered some twists and turns. As with her other series, alt ...more
twelvejan [Alexandria]
4 stars!

My first Teresa Medeiros! Enjoyed the storyline; suck me right in from the beginning. It was something I got from the library to accompany me during my 5-day long vacay. Never heard of Teresa before this. The reason I pull it off from the shelf was because of the picture on the book spine. Talk about judging a book by it's picture on the book spine! Hah. Did not regret it at all. Half the time I was lusting after the model. =D

description

What this book has?
- Witchcraft
- Time-travelling
- Scottish bur
Miranda Davis
Aug 08, 2013 Miranda Davis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lighthearted, time-travel romance readers
This is my first Teresa Medeiros book, and I found it completely charming, surprising and lots of fun. She's a billionaire's daughter, a MENSA card-carrying prodigy, MIT student at 15, oh, and her mother's a witch. She looks and thinks like Dad, but takes after her Mom, witch-wise. Sadly, her powers, like her social skills in high-stress situations, leave much to be desired. She lacks control and finds herself in difficulties as a result.

In the story's opening, her parents have disappeared myst
Teresa
Great Story. Love the magic and time travel elements. Had a few laughs and I was terribly sad when Tabitha faded back to present time leaving Colin back in Scotland. I thought it was a going to be bad sad ending where Tabitha raised her baby all by herself while she is separated with the love of her life. However HEA. (view spoiler)
Paranormal Romance
This was a great book. The interaction between the awkward heroine and the exasperated hero made me giggle throughout the story. Yes the hero was tortured with the guilt of his love's death and the burning down of his home by his enemies but he was immediately charmed by the odd short haired woman from the future. I loved the heroine and her immediate reaction to danger. She doesn't hesitate to jump into the fray to fight for him even if it means pulling hair.
Juliana
(4.5 stars) I don't normally read paranormal historical romances, but Medeiros is a good author and since I've liked some of her historicals, I've given some of her paranormals a try. Touch of Enchantment was highly enjoyable; it was the first time-travel HR that I've read, but it was very, very funny and a definite reread for me. (Some parts had me laughing out loud so hard that my family asked me what I could possibly be reading?!).
Joy
It was a light read, entertaining and magical, a good way to pass the time while you're stuck reading another slow-paced book. I've always been fond of time travel romances and this one didn't disappoint. I liked that I wasn't able to predict what would happen next. It's a given they would end up together, but I still can't tell whose world they'll live in.

I also liked the humor injected in the story, especially about the disparity in hygiene, the food, and although I read this before in some ro
Daron
Normally I wouldn't have very high expectations for any book I picked up for $1 at a rummage sale, but this had so many elements that are my catnip, namely time travel and a nerdy heroine. Unfortunately those were the major problems with this book, and to be more specific: THIS heroine time traveling.

You would think a woman who has rejected her own magical powers after some unfortunate incidents as a child and embraced science would be better equipped at being thrown back to medieval Scotland. Y
Rebecca (everyday reader)
I loved this story, I found it much better than the first of these books. Tabitha has nothing to live for until she goes 700 years in the past and meets the man of her dreams. Colin doesn't know what to think of her and her quirks. They fall in love and don't seem as fickle as her parents did. Lucy is a smart, sweet, and lovable little kitten. Full of superstitions, bad guys, passion, past pain, and very intelligent women. Great read!!
Hanah  Tahir
I loved it! This is too cute! I thought I was watching Disney Channel while reading this.. (and of course, not including the love scenes).

The hero was very adorable! The heroine somewhat bothers me though. She doesn't act like someone her age. She's like a 15-year old brat.. but I guess that's what her character is supposed to be. I adore how her dialogues are always perfect in every scene!
Nancy
It's been a long time since I read a straight up romance novel and while this had a bit of time travel and magic to it, it was still alot of fun to read. However, it is the second in the series, so if that's an issue for you, search out the the other book first. (Then lend it to me when you are done. ;-)
Irene
Jan 31, 2015 Irene rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of time-travel romance
It was very unbelievable. But this "unbelievability" makes it funny and interesting :)
Morgan Colleen
Teresa Medeiros yet again weaves her magic in this spellbinding sequel that entrances hearts and proves that a TOUCH OF ENCHANTMENT can lead to something truly magical.
Robin
Witch Tabitha Lennox never appreciated her paranormal talents. But when she tumbles across her mother's amulet, she finds herself thrown back in time into the path of a Knight on a black charger. Sir Colin of Ravenshaw returned from the crusades to find his family slaughtered and himself a prisoner. Now he has broke out of a dungeon and almost ran over a woman who claims to be a witch.

This is the second book in the Lennox Family series. Like the first one, this story is a light, frothy paranorma
Kathie (katmom)
This was SO cute!

Lots of fun as Tabitha learned to stand on her own feet...and to let someone inside her heart.

I'd read it again.
Judith
In romance novels, why is the heroine always so empty-headed? The hero is strong, brave, sensible, tender, caring - someone you would want to step out of the pages of the book into your life. The heroine, however, is more often than not irritating in her stupidity, alternating between being a empty-headed woman and a preschool child. If you are comparing this book with other romances, it was poor. It had some promise, but Tabitha still fell into the empty-headed female category. If you are compa ...more
Diana
Tristan and Arian's daughter Tabitha has grown up scornful of her out-of-control magic, preferring to trust in science instead. But when she examines a mysterious pendant, she finds herself hurled 600 years in the past, and thrown together with a knight named Colin intent on revenge.

I really disliked Tabitha, and never really quite got over it. She was very annoying, with her attitude, complete disregard of loving parents, etc., when she didn't have any just cause. A terrible case of 'spoiled ri
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Jan 13, 2015 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lena Donan
Colin - zbožný rytier/Tabitha - "bezbožná" čarodejka :)
Hazel McNellis
Kurz und knapp: Eine Zeitreise, ein Ritter und eine Hexe treffen aufeinander. ;)
Für mich ist dieser Roman einer meiner liebsten im Bereich der Liebesromane, ein Feuerwerk der Gefühle mit einem wunderschön romantischen Ende. In meinen Augen ist diese Geschichte absolut lesenswert und deshalb auch 5 Sterne wert. :)
Patricia Mack
Engaging and winning tale of magic, romance, and time travel. I admire Madeiros for weaving all those elements into the story. Love the characters and their evolution. She let' s you see into their hearts and minds.
Audrey
I much prefer historical romances in general, and this one just illustrates why. The "present day" sequences are so very odd, with lots of dated popular references and points of relation that seem incredibly forced. I, like Tabitha, prefer staying in medieval times!
Kit★
At long last, after foolishly getting rid of my copy years ago, I have it again! Yay for paperbackswap :) Will be giving it a long-overdue re-read here eventually, looking forward to it. Hope it's as good as I remember from my teenage years...
Amelia Fransiska
tegaa gak tega sih mo kasi 3 bintang,,,
sayang gak ada 3.5 bintang... ;D

ni HR ada unsur fantasy, time tunnel githu...
ada magicnya jg...

cumaaa gw gak tlalu dapet feel si hero -_-"
klo yg paling gw suka sih endingnya, sukaaa bgt!!!
Ria
Just what the doctor ordered. Touch of Enchantment started brilliantly and though it didn't sustain the awesome to the level I was perhaps hoping for, I nonetheless enjoyed this very much. Good old Teresa, she always delivers.
Marsha
This was such a disappointing followup to her parents' story which was charming. This was just over the top silly. It was occasionally amusing but it was hard to enjoy a story when the main character is so annoying.
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • The More I See You (De Piaget, #8)
  • Frankly, My Dear (Creole Historical, #1)
  • The Portrait
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • Flirting with Forever
  • Timeless Passion
  • Wings of the Storm
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • For the First Time (Ryland Brothers, #2)
  • When There is Hope
  • Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • Secrets of the Highwayman (Immortal Warriors, #2)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Griffin Family, #2)
19971
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and
More about Teresa Medeiros...

Lennox Family Magic (2 books)
  • Breath of Magic (Lennox Family Magic, #1)
Yours Until Dawn (Fairleigh Sisters, #3) Charming the Prince (Fairy Tales, #1) The Bride and the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) After Midnight (Cabot, #1) A Kiss to Remember (Fairleigh Sisters, #1)