Start by marking “One Nation Under God” as Want to Read:
One Nation Under God

One Nation Under God

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Author Dr. David Gibbs presents ten incontrovertible, heavily documented, and politically incorrect historical facts which prove that Christianity played a pivotal role in uniquely shaping the most free, prosperous, and powerful nation in history.
Published January 28th 2005 by Christian Law Association (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about One Nation Under God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Nation Under God

Jen
Jul 27, 2010 Jen rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I can't do it, guys, and not just because I have to return this to its owner by the end of the week.
The thesis is that the United States was founded on Christianity and Christian principles, and pretty much everything that's wrong with the country right now traces back to our gradual slide away from that fact.
Do I think that a substantial number of the founding father were Christians? Yes. Do I think that Christian principles are a bedrock piece of our government? Yes. Do I think that Christiani
Tim Chavel
Nov 17, 2013 Tim Chavel rated it it was amazing
If you love America and want to learn about how our country was founded on Godly principles, then this book is for you. The author has practiced law for many, many years. I trust you will enjoy the quotes from this book:

… those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord. ~Abraham Lincoln

In a very real way, North America began in 1620 “in the name of God,” as the Mayflower Compact, our very first self-governing document clearly proclaims. ~David Gibbs, Jr.

In the early 1830’s, a Frenchman came
Frank
Jul 16, 2013 Frank rated it it was amazing
This wonderful volume goes into the forgotten history of the founding of America. I learned much from this book. Not only did the Pilgrims come here to escape religious persecution but a number of other groups did so as well.

All of the of the original colleges in America, including the Ivy League ones, were founded as Christian schools.

In the decades leading up to the Revolutionary War, a spiritual revival took place, setting the stage for the fight for independence. Prior to and during the Re
Peter Krol
Nov 01, 2009 Peter Krol rated it liked it
Gibbs explains how many of the Founding Fathers of the USA were Christians. Many of the colonies were founded as havens for religious dissidents. These are simple facts about the history of our nation, and I appreciated Gibbs's work to document and explain them.

For example, I find it stirring that a major reason why Columbus was looking for an easier trade route to the Indies was because of unfulfilled prophecy. He wanted all nations to know the Lord Jesus, and so he attempted to make it easier
Jerry
Jan 27, 2013 Jerry added it
Interesting read.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
TYLER
TYLER marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Regan Cote
Regan Cote marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Dennis L. Felter,Sr.
Dennis L. Felter,Sr. marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Claire Stamper
Claire Stamper marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Victoria Jones
Victoria Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Ely
Ely rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Michele Ketchem
Michele Ketchem marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 04, 2015
Cynthia Taylor
Cynthia Taylor marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Stefan Chex
Stefan Chex marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Tsion Habtamu
Tsion Habtamu marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Jenna Reed
Jenna Reed marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Robert Holt
Robert Holt marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Shari
Shari added it
Jan 02, 2015
Mary anne
Mary anne marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014