Start by marking “Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins, #4)” as Want to Read:
Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins, #4)

Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins #4)

The frigid winter months are mighty slow in the PI biz for Julie Collins and her partner, Kevin Wells—until the duo is hired by a young woman to investigate problems at her grandfather’s assisted living facility, where they encounter lax security, unqualified healthcare personnel, and a shady senior volunteer organization. Julie barely has time to delve deeper into the puz ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Blind

Timitra
Rated 3.5 Stars

While I enjoyed Snow Blind parts of it left me dissatisfied, I wish those things had turned out differently. That said, I'm still going to miss this series and characters. It was a really enjoyable ride solving mysteries with Julie and watching her relationship with Tony progress.

ARC provided by author but that has not influenced my review
Lisa Guertin
Feb 24, 2017 Lisa Guertin rated it it was amazing
Wow! Julie and Tony really put out some heat. It's a wonder there was any snow on the ground. While the mystery was intriguing, the ending left me looking for more. I hope that there will be more Julie Collins books in the future, because there is so much more to her story.
Jeanne Jem
Mar 28, 2012 Jeanne Jem rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jeep-diva
Trying to write reviews about Lori Armstrong’s PI Julie Collins’ Series is challenging even though I love every book. The books are so similar in their complexity, character development, intrigue and relationships that I tend to use the same superlatives to describe them all. Armstrong creates page turners every time. I devoured the whole series within a few days completing one books and jumping right into the next.

Snow Blind is everything I expect from this series. I grew up in Wyoming, not fa
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I really enjoyed all 4 Julie Collins books and I can't pick a favorite because they are all unique in their storyline. This series kept me guessing who the bad guy was up until the end of each book. I hate that this was the last one. I am going to miss Julie, Tony, Kevin and the rest of the motely cast of secondary characters.

Whether she is writing as Lori Armstrong or Lorelei James, L has the ability to put her readers right there in the story, all of her stories are fresh, different and addict
Jan
May 07, 2011 Jan rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series. I only wish that Lori had written more about Julie. She was the toughest badass around and I loved her. These books gave me great pleasure and they made it to my list to read over and over again. Please bring Julie back. I want more!
Charlene
Jan 01, 2010 Charlene rated it it was amazing
As sorry as I am to see this series end, this book leaves things in a good place. There's room for another book if she comes back to it, but if not, the series is strong and solid with a satisfying conclusion. (I will, of course, hope that Julie Collins turns up again somewhere, sometime.)
Tqwana
Nov 29, 2011 Tqwana rated it it was amazing
This isn't the last one, is it??!! I want more Julie and Tony. I want a better resolution with Kevin. I want Julie to just once punch her dad in the face. :) Love this series!
Angela Shirley
Mar 15, 2017 Angela Shirley rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the Julie Collins Series and it did not disappoint. The book follows a rather grumpy woman who with her best friend Kevin works as private investigators but nearly always bad luck follows her, even though she has all good intentions to help.

The last book in this series put some of Julie’s old demons to bed when she discovered who actually murdered her half-brother and now Julie should be able to be at rest but no she is more lost than ever. Until one day in walks Kevin
April
Mar 15, 2017 April rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading all 4 of the Julie Collins books. I thought that book 4 was a great ending to the series. Although there were points in the book that left me a bit unfulfilled, it was still a wonderful series. I had mixed feelings about Julie in Tony in the previous books but in book 4 I was happy with the turnout. I am looking forward to the other series written by Lori Armstrong.
Feb 21, 2017 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Since I don't typically venture outside of romance I really didn't know I was setting in store for myself with this series but Oh My Gosh! This series was OUTSTANDING. I'm sad to see it end. There are 2 follow-up novellas that I do plan to read but hopefully Ms. Armstrong will decide to continue with the series and write new Julie novels.
Kayla Haswell Lee
Mar 16, 2017 Kayla Haswell Lee rated it it was amazing
The culmination of the Julie Collins story with this twisting and turning mystery romance series. Julie is a survivor in so many ways you don't want to miss how it ends! Always love Lori Armstrong aka Lorelei James check out this one and all her work. Amazing!
Annie
Jun 11, 2017 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A 5 star most excellent read!
Diana Rising
May 05, 2017 Diana Rising rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
This is a pretty dark mystery romance. It is the 4th book in the series and continues well from the others. Very good.
Tory
May 11, 2017 Tory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
was the afterward added to make me sad or to set us up for #5?
Sherry Bohrmueller
Feb 17, 2017 Sherry Bohrmueller rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Julie Collins series. These books just grab you and you can't put it down. Fantastic story.
Sherry
Mar 18, 2017 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love this series! This isn't a sugary sweet romance series....Julie Collins is a tough, determined, smart ass who doesn't let anyone get in her way. Love her! The romance between Julie and Tony isn't all hearts and flowers....Tony lives in a violent world and due to her involvement with him and her PI cases, Julie finds herself in many life and death situations. This story is full of action, suspense, mystery, and so many twists and turns. The characters are great....I love Kevin, Jimme ...more
Sherry Bohrmueller
Tracybeach
Mar 20, 2017 Tracybeach rated it it was amazing
Poor Julie, she’s twisted up in this book trying to decide if her father is guilty of murder and if she should use her PI skills to help him prove his innocence or find out who the true murderer is. She’s also caught up in a web associated with her boyfriend’s motorcycle club. So sad this is the last one in the series, there are some tie ups to story lines from previous books. Another great read!!
Tempie Bowers
Mar 13, 2017 Tempie Bowers rated it it was amazing
Snow Blind – Julie Collins Book 4
With the most important mystery of Julie’s life behind her, one would hope she could settle into a more mundane existence. But Julie wouldn’t be Julie if that happened!
Julie’s business partner Kevin takes on a case that has Julie skeptical from the start. Dysfunctional families are again the heart of these mysteries and Julie and Kevin work to uncover wrongdoings at a retirement facility.
As Julie learns of another family’s inhumanity, she sees her own fractured f
Dee Beltran
Mar 15, 2017 Dee Beltran rated it really liked it
Book 4 made me sad knowing it was the last book in the series. I want to read more about Tony and Julie and hope this isn't the end for them. This book has lots of twist and turns keeps you in suspense until the end. Julie gets pulled in all different directions while still maintaining her sassy attitude. Her relationship with her father will never be how she wants it to be and she comes to terms with that. This book will want you to keep turning pages so make time to read because you won't want ...more
Lynn
Mar 17, 2017 Lynn rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with Julie and Martinez! What a perfect match they have grown to be. She just can't help but find trouble around every corner and Martinez is there at every turn. Also totally in love with all of the West River South Dakota scenery and landmarks in all of these books. It takes me back to my youth and growing up there.
Cynthia Bishop
Mar 12, 2017 Cynthia Bishop rated it really liked it
Julie Collins is one tough woman. She has had a heck of a time with dead bodys. She deals with it and keeps on going. While her and Tony have some hot chemistry I was hoping for her and Kevin to get together. But still loved this story to no ends. Will definitely be reading more of Lori Armstrong books in the future. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends.
I received an ARC of this book and it has no way influenced by opinion of the book.
Andrea Hoover smith
Mar 15, 2017 Andrea Hoover smith rated it it was amazing
Loved this book like the others! Tony and Julie...yep, hot and steamy. I can't believe this was the last book in this series. I am so going to miss this group of characters.
Bethany McNease
Mar 13, 2017 Bethany McNease rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in the Julie Collins. in Snow Blond we get closure to many questions in Julie's life. For me these hit a personal connection that made me only love the series more. I love when stories feel like they really happened and Lori Armstrong definitely gives that in her stories. I like how the book concluded the series but left enough of an opening so she can always continue the series. Personally, I hope she does.
Kristy
Mar 06, 2017 Kristy rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book/series that just sticks with you... Days/weeks after you've finished? Well, it's been over a week since I finished this, & just can't stop thinking about the series. To the point I had a dream about them last night. I'm going to re-read all 4 books again, asap. I think Lori did an amazing job wrapping up this series, although, I'm really hoping there will be more to come!!
Whitney
Mar 02, 2017 Whitney rated it it was amazing
Snow Blind is another great book about our favorite Private Investigator, Julie Collins. Julie just can’t seem to cut a break in her life with all of the extra crap . . . except with her boyfriend, Tony Martinez. Julie and Kevin get themselves into a case that is about a granddaughter of an older gentleman that has the beginning stages of dementia, she’s saying that her the nursing home that he lives at is taking all of his money. Friendships are tested, relationships aren’t what necessarily wha ...more
Shana Brown
Feb 22, 2017 Shana Brown rated it it was amazing
Julie and Tony are still going strong and continuing to get closer as they break down more barriers than they've done in the past. But not everyone is happy with Tony and his preoccupation with Julie. As past foe comes back to haunt them and helps drive them closer together.

Kevin takes a case where he and Julie are looking into the care of the elderly at an old folks home. His girlfriend thinks her grandfather is being taken advantage of and having his money stolen. Things don't seem right ther
Shari
Feb 19, 2017 Shari rated it really liked it
Book 4 in the Julie Collins Mystery series is a complicated and compelling read. Set a few months after Shallow Grave, Julie and Kevin take on a new case investigating an Elder Care facility in Rapid City. The case gets complicated when Julie finds out Kevin is sleeping with their client and that the client has not been completely honest about her intentions. Add in threats to both Martinez and Julie’s lives along with a blizzard and a dead body found on her father’s ranch and Snow Blind doesn’t ...more
Nicole
Feb 20, 2017 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Julie Collins once again, finds herself in some interesting situations. In this episode (I feel like I should be using a Guiding Light voice), we find Julie investigating an assisted living facility in the dead of winter. She gets drawn back to her father's ranch by her step-mother, and ends up getting snowed in with him for 2 days. Talk about a difficult situation. Once she is able to leave the ranch, she does - as fast as she possibly can after a blizzard. Trouble is also brewing between her a ...more
Penny Dunn
Feb 20, 2017 Penny Dunn rated it really liked it
loved it. wild, crazy. it totally kept my guessing. I hope things settle for our main characters. I'd love more. maybe a Where-are-they-now? 10 years later.
New Mercy Gunderson Mystery From Lori Armstrong 1 9 Jan 14, 2011 10:18AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Shamus Winner Lori Armstrong 1 5 Jan 12, 2010 05:34AM
  • Wicked Garden
  • Back in the Soldier's Arms
  • Cutter
  • Two Kill Again (The Cleary Case Files)
  • Texas Men
  • Body Movers books 1-3
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Hail Mary (Jim Knighthorse series, #3)
  • Mortal Faults (Abby Sinclair and Tess McCallum, #4)
  • Down And Dirty
  • Three's Company
  • The Sweet Spot (Sweet on a Cowboy, #1)
  • Sorrow Wood
  • Funeral Food (Tory Bauer Mystery, #1)
  • Hunter (Dylan Hunter #1)
  • She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (Country Music Collection, #2)
Lori Armstrong is the two-time winner of the Shamus Award given by the Private Eye Writers of America and a New York Times bestselling author of contemporary western erotic romance, written as Lorelei James. Her books have won the Willa Cather Literary Award and have been nominated for the High Plains Book Award and the Daphne du Maurier Award. She lives in western South Dakota - See more at: http ...more
More about Lori G. Armstrong...

PI Julie Collins (4 books)
  • Blood Ties (PI Julie Collins, #1)
  • Hallowed Ground (PI Julie Collins, #2)
  • Shallow Grave (PI Julie Collins, #3)