Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins, #4)

Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins #4)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The frigid winter months are mighty slow in the PI biz for Julie Collins and her partner, Kevin Wells—until the duo is hired by a young woman to investigate problems at her grandfather’s assisted living facility, where they encounter lax security, unqualified healthcare personnel, and a shady senior volunteer organization. Julie barely has time to delve deeper into the puz...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Blind

Guilty Pleasures
I really enjoyed all 4 Julie Collins books and I can't pick a favorite because they are all unique in their storyline. This series kept me guessing who the bad guy was up until the end of each book. I hate that this was the last one. I am going to miss Julie, Tony, Kevin and the rest of the motely cast of secondary characters.

Whether she is writing as Lori Armstrong or Lorelei James, L has the ability to put her readers right there in the story, all of her stories are fresh, different and addict...more
Charlene
As sorry as I am to see this series end, this book leaves things in a good place. There's room for another book if she comes back to it, but if not, the series is strong and solid with a satisfying conclusion. (I will, of course, hope that Julie Collins turns up again somewhere, sometime.)
Jan
I absolutely loved this series. I only wish that Lori had written more about Julie. She was the toughest badass around and I loved her. These books gave me great pleasure and they made it to my list to read over and over again. Please bring Julie back. I want more!
Tqwana
This isn't the last one, is it??!! I want more Julie and Tony. I want a better resolution with Kevin. I want Julie to just once punch her dad in the face. :) Love this series!
Sarah Glenn
This was my first experience with Lori Armstrong's work, but it is the last in the series with Julie Collins. I don't know what the other books were like, but I would describe this one as bipolar.

The situation Julie and her partner Kevin are hired to investigate isn't an uncommon one for a novel by a woman writer with a female detective: find out if an old man is being exploited by the nursing home he lives in. We meet the various characters at the home, everyone from paid 'volunteers' to the re...more
Darcy
Ed
#4 in Julie Collins series. 2008 entry is latest as of August 2012. This series is all about Julie's relationships: with her estranged father, her partner, her gangster lover. It looks like Armstrong and/or her publisher want to go in another direction (the Mercy Gunderson series) but my wife wants to know if Julie can domesticate gang leader Tony Martinez.

Julie Collins and her partner, Kevin Wells, are hired by a young woman to investigate problems at her grandfather’s assisted living facility,...more
The Cyber Hermit
I extremely disliked this book. I had read the first three and had made allowances for the typos that grew more numerous as the books progressed. However, I ended up tossing the last book without even finishing it. There were numerous typos on the first pages including identifying "Lauren Bacall" as "Lauren Becell". I also grew tired of the author's lazy stereotyping throughout the series of anyone who wasn't the trim, supposedly kick-ass protagonist. Anyone who the character identified as fat g...more
Dionne
I really enjoyed the first two books of this series. The third book was interesting. By the middle of Snow Blind, I was getting tired of Julie. The book was ok but, it did not really catch my attention like the first two did. The complex relationships and attitude that Julie has with her family and friends become tiring also. Julie has been beat up, shot at, held hostage, babied and abused over and over again. There were way too many directions that this book pulled me in. I kept reading because...more
Maria
This is the 4th and final book in the Julie Collins series. In this book Julie and her partner Kevin Wells are hired to investigate a retirmement home by a young woman, who claims that her grandfather is being taken advantage of. We also get to see quite a bit more of the relationship between Julie and Tony Martinez, president of the biker gang "Los Hombres".

There is a alot of action and Julie stumbles across several dead bodies.
We also see where Tony's life and chosen profession have both good...more
Reeannun
I LOVE Julie Collins! This has been a great series and I will read these books again! The only reason I gave this book 4 stars is because I felt that Lori left things incomplete. I would think, the way the book ended there would be another one to tie up loose ends. Where did Julie end up? How did DJ grow up and how is the rest of the Collins family doing. Whatever happened to Kim, did she get married? Lots of unanswered questions!
I suppose its wishful thinking that we will get a 5th book and hav...more
Susan
not the best book to read in a blizzard
Zafia
So much going on in this book and i absolutely loved it. I really hope this isn't the last book. I love Julie and Tony and i think they fit perfectly together. I think its awesome the way Tony is protective of Julie. And i love how opposite she is from a damsel in distress type.
I hate the ending though. What a conniving lil bitch she was. Not Julie - and ofc Julie saw right through her.
And what a seriously fucked up family she got. Would have been nice to have put em away. I really really hope...more
Dora
This girl has spunk - I like her but I shouldn't have read book #4 first. Oops!
Jun 14, 2012 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Fourth outing, meaning I plowed through every one of these books in less than 5 days. Still a great read and the characters are changing believably throughout. Highly recommended for fans of crime fiction or otherwise breakneck reads. I'm really looking forward to the next installment, and I've got to say these books are a steal at under $4. It was the price that drew me in, but the quality is what hooked me.
Sharon
This book, the final in the series, was not quite as good as the others. The cases were not as interesting as before and lacked luster. I enjoyed the book regardless as an attachment to the characters is inevitable after so many books. I recommend the series as a whole to anyone interested in this genre.
This is the 4th book in the Julie collins PI series. As usual Julie is a beautiful mess. The story is well written and even though the book was lengthy it never seemed to drag or stall. I certainly hope Ms. Armstrong continues this series as I would love to see more of Julie and Tony.
Hmr28
This entire series was amazingly good. A kick a- heroine, a great relationship and an engaging mystery all wrapped up in one neat package. I am so sad there won't be any more books for this heroines, she's one of my favorites now.
Jr
This wasn't so much bad as not what I expected it to be. Oh sure it had some gritty violence intermixed with P.I. procedural antics, but it also had some odd romance too. Then again, I should've known since it's from Medallion.
Shelli Miller
I LOVED this series. I wish there was going to be more. In my opinion, E. L. James' Fifty Shades of Grey has nothing on Lori Armstrong's Julie Collin's series. I hope Lori reconsiders and adds on to this series.
Keri
I pray that this isn't the last Julie Collins that we are going to see. I must know how it plays with her and Martinez....I want more of those two. Kevin deserves a HEA.
Chari
Dec 22, 2008 Chari rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Nevada Barr, JA Jance and Julia Spencer-Fleming.
After finishing this book, the fourth in the Julie Collins,:PI series, Lori Anderson is now in my top favorite mystery writers.
SheLove2Read
Wow wow wow. I just love this series with all my heart. I really hope there is more to come for Julie, Tony and the gang. 5 stars
Sammie
I really did not like the main characters at all and their personal relationships. Not my kind of read.
Phyllis
Best of the series. Hopes she comes out with another book soon. Love to see where the story leads.
Sue Jochens
I was sorry to see the series end. I loved all four books and every danged person in them.
Jessica
I think I'm bummed that this is the last book in the series!!
Kelly
Love Julie and Kevin together hope she writes more of these two!
Ladyacct
kinda predictable but and okay story.
Brooke
a fun, entertaining and easy read!
New Mercy Gunderson Mystery From Lori Armstrong 1 8 Jan 14, 2011 10:18AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Shamus Winner Lori Armstrong 1 5 Jan 12, 2010 05:34AM
  • Wicked Garden
  • Texas Men
  • In the Marshal's Arms
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Hail Mary (Jim Knighthorse series, #3)
  • Mortal Faults
  • Hunter (Dylan Hunter #1)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • The Only Witness
  • Love Is Murder
  • Expert Witness (Witness Series, #4)
  • Assume the Positions (Cougar Challenge, #5)
Lori G. Armstrong left the firearms industry in 2000. Her first mystery novel, BLOOD TIES, published in 2005, was nominated in 2006 for a Shamus Award for Best First Novel by the Private Eye Writers of America. The second book in the Julie Collins mystery series, HALLOWED GROUND, released Nov. 2006, was nominated for a 2007 Shamus Award for Best Paperback Original, a Daphne du Maurier Award and wo...more
More about Lori G. Armstrong...
Blood Ties (PI Julie Collins, #1) No Mercy (A Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #1) Hallowed Ground (PI Julie Collins, #2) Shallow Grave (PI Julie Collins, #3) Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)