Start by marking “Perfect Harmony” as Want to Read:
Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In her internationally bestselling novels, Barbara Wood has taken us on thrilling adventures around the world. Now, in her latest novel, she ventures into the world of American technology and alternative healing -- but the journey is more exotic than ever.Charlotte Lee is in trouble. Three people are dead after taking an ancient Chinese herbal remedy manufactured by her hi...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Little Brown and Company (first published January 28th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Harmony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Harmony

Vikki
This was a mystery by Barbara Wood. It was about a Chinese family and a pharmaceutical company. I realized why I don't like mysteries. I get an icky feeling at the very first of the book, because something very horrible always happens at the beginning of the book. And that feeling doesn't go away until the problem is resolved, at the end of the book. I do love Barbara Wood, even though this was a mystery.
Xiomara
Probablemente, es uno de los mejores libros que he leído en mi vida y he disfrutado y lamentado que no se prolongara un poco más. Barbara Wood es, en mi opinión, una de las más completas escritoras, que sabe combinar perfectamente la historia, junto con el misterio y el romanticismo. Simplemente, una excelente obra.
Colleen
Includes some interesting aspects of Chinese culture and some likable characters but reads like a daytime soap with secrets and hidden parentage.
Manuela
Amo questa autrice ed ho adorato tutti i suoi romanzi che finora ho letto, ma con questo ha fatto decisamente un passo indietro. Mentre la storia ambientata nel passato è almeno un minimo convincente ed appassionante, e non vedi l'ora di sapere come si sono svolti realmente i fatti, quella nel presente, nonostante fosse interessante lo spunto iniziale e ci fossero le giuste premesse, non solo emoziona poco, forse a causa anche di una protagonista femminile con poco "appeal", ma risulta difficile...more
Carobe
Det gåtfulla skrinet.
Sharee
Anne
Jul 07, 2011 Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in B. W.'s novels and those that like family stories.
What can be more important than your family and REAL friends, love and trust? If you find out, that all your world is nothing but a lie - only to save all the moral things that you should be taught?
Though this novel was one full of IT, which isn't my favourite, I have learned to read these details as if they didn't matter that much - the story itself is a fantastic one, but shows realistically, which misunderstandings cause the biggest and worst consequences.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Aug 08, 2008 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jen/ Barb
The past holds strength in Barbara Woods books. This was a very interesting read because of the series of flashbacks a grand daughter has about her family history (no herbs used)after her grandmothers death. Of course a series of crises that occur in the Chinese herbal remedies company she inherrits gets the ball rolling. Again...told in the way that captured my attention.... loved the book however...craved eggrolls the entie read.
Becca
This is the second book i have read from this author. Years ago I read her book 'The Dreaming'. I really enjoy this author,her writing, style & her ability to create a 'storytelling' effect within her writing.
Sylvia
Me encantó... Excelente historia, Definitivamente Barbara Wood sabe como mantener el suspenso y la atención durante todo el libro. Sorpresas de principio a fin en la historia! Si la lees, no te arrepentirás!
Tina
loved it, I didn't guess the end till the last pages, really nice.
but then the end just came too sudden for me, with too much stuff, I'm in total need of a sequel.
Ana Bettina
me encanto que la historia se desarrolle en 12 horas, la intriga esta en su punto. El final me esperaba algo mejor
Mikkel Baltzer
The flashbacks telling the story of the grandmother are great, but the plot of the present story is lame.
Pat Fahrenthold
Chinese pharmaceutical company is plagued by unexplained deaths. Former lover of the CEO comes to the rescue.
Andrea
Pretty good book; not as distinctive as previous works. Also much more contemporary. A quick read.
Laurie Stoll
Enjoyed reading. Kept my attention.
Shammy
Interesting Chinese love story!
Gracie
in italian "L'anello dello straniero"
Diane
M. D.
M. D. added it
Aug 17, 2014
Susanne Heinz
Susanne Heinz marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Keika Sullivan
Keika Sullivan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Joan Brennan
Joan Brennan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Barbara Wood was born on 30 January 1947 in Warrington, Lancashire, England, UK. Together with her parents and older brother, she immigrated to the United States. She grew up in Southern California and attended Los Angeles Schools. After High School, Barbara attended the University of California at Santa Barbara but left to train as a surgical technician. During this time, Barbara held numerous jo...more
More about Barbara Wood...
Virgins of Paradise The Blessing Stone Green City in the Sun The Dreaming: A Novel of Australia The Prophetess