Start by marking “Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later” as Want to Read:
Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later

Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later (Scruples #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,013 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Billy Ikehorn: Meet again the magnificent owner of Scruples. Billy is imperious and stubborn, a creature of rampant sexuality, too rich, too vulnerable and far, far too impulsive. The story begins on the day after Scruples ended, the day on which Billy's husband, producer Vito Orsini, won the Oscar for Best Picture.

Spider Elliot, who reigns like a pasha at Scruples, is a m
Published July 1st 1993 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1984)

May 01, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
This sequel is dull and blech in comparison to the original.
Kind of a rehash of the first book, but with differnt characters. same crap, different people.

save yourself the troubel and stick the the original Scruples.
Jan
Dec 17, 2014 Jan rated it it was amazing
Gift from a friend. I have obviously read Scruples I, as the characters were familiar, however, no clue when! I don't often give a book five stars, this is one.

Judith Krantz, a brilliant writer, takes the reader into the world of showbiz and the cut throat garment business. From New York to Hollywood to Paris, Billy Ikehorn Orsini travels. Rich beyond belief, she spends money like running water, but always her heart gets broken. From the lying cheating movie husband Orsini, to a artist, Billy ch
Minty McBunny
Dec 28, 2014 Minty McBunny rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, december-2014
A weak and unnecessary follow up to a trashy 80s classic. Reading this I remembered why I've only read it once before (where I can practically recite the original).
Gwen
Dec 25, 2014 Gwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well....it has been some 30 years since I read Scruples, my outlook on life has changed quite a bit, (she said with a big grin on her face). I did enjoy the characters and the fantasy plot as an escape of the reality of what is presently going on in our world. The "steamy" sex scenes were almost laughable and actually quite unnecessary. Ms. Krantz is no doubt aging at the same rate I am and the last printed page of the book says "To be continued". I wonder if there is a sequel if similar sex esc ...more
Deb Sharp
Apr 25, 2014 Deb Sharp rated it it was amazing
great follow up to the first book in this mini series :)
Judi R.
Feb 05, 2014 Judi R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Scruples, and I loved this sequel written 14 years later. It continues the life of Billy Ikehorn, a fabulously rich and famous woman, known for her exclusive store Scruples.

It gives us the same sexual tension, the wonderfully described view into the life of the rich and famous, and the same 'what will happen next' intrigue.

Judith Krantz's final words are: "To Be Continued" I surely hope she is true to these words.
Amy
Apr 10, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Nancy
Jan 05, 2015 Nancy rated it liked it
After I started this and got about half way thru, I figured out I already read this about 20 years ago but I kept on reading because I couldn't remember how it ended. I guess it wasn't that memorable of a book...
Macjest
Nov 12, 2012 Macjest rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first Scruples was an acceptable mix of smush and all out fantasy in the fashion world and the world of the very rich. This, however, was a cheap knock off. Beloved characters were killed off, marriages were split, and unrealistic characters were paired together. The whole charm of the first book was completely lost.
Sababa
Nov 22, 2010 Sababa rated it it was ok
This was not a bad book, but it certainly lacked something. The only reason I finished it was because I read Lovers and i just wanted to know the other characters better. I loved Zach and Gigi and Sasha. But it was not my type of romantic books!
Eugene Sanford
It's like a really romantic and dramatic soap opera, which pulls you directly into the story itself, making it seem like you are there with Billie, Gigi, Vito, Spyder, Cora, and all that are intertwined in this novel.
Brigid
Jun 03, 2013 Brigid rated it liked it
Not quite as enthralling as the first Scruples (what could be) but ended quite strong and still enjoyable.
Alena
Jan 20, 2008 Alena rated it liked it
What can I say? It's sex and shopping and 80's excess! Judith Krantz is my favorite guilty pleasure author (which says a lot, considering most of my reads are guilty pleasures.)
Sarah Colvin
Jul 18, 2007 Sarah Colvin rated it it was amazing
I am realllllly embarrased to have a book like this on my list, but god damn, I love it. Indulgent, bawdy, BAD, but oh-so-good. Still haven't read the original 'Scruples'.
Manuela
Mar 16, 2011 Manuela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporaneo
Decisamente un passo indietro rispetto all'ottimo primo capitolo, anche se il coinvolgimento e la passione comunque non mancano.

Jwk
Oct 04, 2013 Jwk rated it it was ok
nice read... my first book from this author.
down side: there too many characters introduced and we seem to loose some in the way.
Tina
Jun 19, 2008 Tina rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This sequel dragged a bit more than the first book but I still enjoyed the characters.
Rob
Jun 01, 2013 Rob rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first one, but still comparable on the fun meter!
JANET
Jul 22, 2011 JANET rated it liked it
Scruples I and II

somewhat good, but seemed to go on forever.
Leslie
Sep 23, 2013 Leslie rated it liked it
Pretty good. Been a long time since I read the first one.
Carriehowting
Jan 06, 2008 Carriehowting rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2nd best book of all time-- after Scruples, of course
Sally Witt
Sep 03, 2010 Sally Witt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is wonderful, and had some surprises.
Nyss
Nov 29, 2012 Nyss rated it it was ok
There is nothing memorable about this book.
Shawn
May 26, 2014 Shawn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's fun to revisit the characters.
Bunny
Mar 25, 2015 Bunny marked it as to-read-owned
Shelves: owned, library-sale
See my review notes re: Scruples 1.
Melissa
Donated to Friends of the Library Sale
Miko O.
Feb 03, 2013 Miko O. rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Way better than Scruples 1.
Collin Reremoana
  • Lace II
  • Bygones
  • The Love Machine
  • Queenie
  • The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years (Enhanced Edition)
  • Coldwater
  • Vegas Rich (Vegas, #1)
  • The Return of the Earl (Botany Bay, #1)
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • For My Daughters
  • One Glimpse (Indulgence, #2)
  • The Naked Heart
Judith Krantz (born Judith Tarcher), is an American novelist who writes in the romance genre. Her works include Princess Daisy and Till We Meet Again.
More about Judith Krantz...

Scruples (3 books)
  • Scruples
  • Lovers

“He had put so much space behind him that he had finally reached that place at which the past was indeed another country, the future was unimportant, only today existed, and even today merely unfolded, minute by minute.” 2 likes