Start by marking “Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)

Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces #2)

As I drew, the house felt eerie in its silence. . . . A strange sense stole over me, as though Bland and I were two actors on stage, our movements spotlighted, black emptiness between us. But that darkness grew smaller as the space between us shrank. I did not know if this sense was due to my immersion in Bland’s face and mind and world, or to my fear of his threatening pr ...more
Published September 19th 2004 by Zondervan (first published September 14th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Stain of Guilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stain of Guilt

Pooh Gets Stuck by Isabel GainesLooking for Alaska by John GreenNothing Ever Happens by Yoshitomo NaraThe Sweaty Yeti by Roy AppsAn Abundance of Katherines by John Green
In Your Pants
342nd out of 472 books — 193 voters
The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie KlassenWith Every Breath by Elizabeth CamdenBeyond All Dreams by Elizabeth CamdenThe Princess Spy by Melanie DickersonDeluge by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Christian 2014-2015 Fiction You Can't Wait To Read!
138th out of 164 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

C.J. Darlington
Feb 01, 2015 C.J. Darlington rated it really liked it
Six months after the events of BRINK OF DEATH, protagonist Annie Kingston returns in Book #2 of the Hidden Faces series. In the throes of her sixteen-year-old son's rebellion, Annie agrees to draw her most ambitious composite sketch yet - a fugitive update. Requiring every ounce of her skill, can she complete the drawing for the television show American Fugitive before the killer can get to her?

I picked up STAIN OF GUILT unsure if Brandilyn could keep from re-hashing the plot of Book #1. I wasn'
Lisa Johnson
Jul 21, 2014 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces #2)
Author: Brandilyn Collins
Pages: 353
Year: 2004
Publisher: Zondervan
After reading the first book in this series and finding it just so-so, I was hesitant to continue reading the series, but I’m so glad I did. This second book takes place soon after book one, Brink of Death. Annie has continued with her training to be a forensic artist by taking classes.
Annie Kingston is hired to draw a sketch of an alleged murder, who has been on the run for 20 years. Her draw
Jill
Nov 02, 2014 Jill rated it liked it
This is the second book in the Hidden Faces Series by Brandilyn Collins. It was better than the first one, but I still didn't love it, and I think I figured out what it is that rubs me the wrong way about this series - I think the plot is interesting but the characters are ANNOYING!!! Seriously, I don't like the personalities of the main people in these books. THAT made it hard to read!
Wade
Jun 16, 2015 Wade rated it liked it
I didn't care too much for the first book in this series as I found the main character a little too woe-is-me and whiny. But I thought there was promise so read the second book. I have found that most of the Brandilyn Collins' novels are pretty predictable and this one was the same. I guessed the ending within the first 50 pages and it seemed pretty obvious when the "twist" came about. However, I am still giving it 3-stars because I thought the pacing was really good in this one and the characte ...more
Jackie Morgan
Mar 17, 2015 Jackie Morgan rated it it was amazing
Book #2 in the Hidden Face Series and I'm hooked on Brandilyn Collins. Full of suspense and this time a twist I did not see coming, simply awesome! Love getting to know the characters better with each page turned as well as that she writes about real world problems. Looking forward to Dead of Night!
Quin
Sep 12, 2016 Quin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stain of Guilt, by Brandilynn Collins, is wonderfully done. Readers don't often get to see what's inside the head of the antagonist. You get that, plus a little twist that keeps you hooked till the end.
Danielle
Jun 09, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: thanks-g-ma
Stain of guilt was a pretty solid book. I really enjoy Brandilyn Collins' writing so I'm not sure why I am only giving it four stars. I guess it just didn't rock my world because some of the parts at the beginning were slow and Annie's troubles with Steven were depressing to read about(not really something wrong with the book, it just put a damper on the mood even when things were going well). It frustrated me a little at the end how long it took them to figure it out.
On a positive note the act
Marissa
Jul 07, 2010 Marissa rated it really liked it
Another crime mystery. I'm really starting to enjoy Brandilyn Collins. The action in this one didn't start off right away, but once it hit, you knew it. I was on the edge of my seat through the majority of the book. When the unexpected twist came about, I couldn't believe it! Not what I expected. Annie seems to get herself into a lot of trouble in these books. Collins appears to have a fantastic grasp on the working of law enforcement and the likes. Very believable & thorough. The only down ...more
Agnieszka
This book is a real example of a great suspense novel. Every time you think you know what to expect and in the last few chapters think you finally got it all together and really and for sure know how the book will end and here comes another surprise. Within this book you cannot be really sure your assumptions are really correct and that really great.
As always the characters are great, the story gripping and full of unexpected twists and turns.
I just struggled with the feeling I cannot relate to
Alaina
Aug 20, 2016 Alaina rated it it was amazing
Even better then the first. It is a page turner. Loved it
TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
Feb 02, 2010 TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
So Friday, 01/29/10, we got snow and I told my husband the next day that my goal was to finish this book over the weekend. Well, Monday came and I had about 100 pages left but schools were called off so I didn't have to work. And I finished this book last night at 7pm! Goal was met! haha.

Overall this book was good. It had a few parts that were detailed to much for me but I liked it pretty good. Actually I liked it so much that I'm now reading the next book in the series. :) I'm just waiting to s
Debra
Nov 18, 2013 Debra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This lady can write a spine-chilling mystery that keeps you guessing! In this book, the guilty party was considered to be one person who had eluded capture for twenty years. But things are not always what they seem... High suspense with a immense amount of danger for our heroine! Ms. Collins continues to develop the usual characters in this series and throws some new ones in. I found her scenarios clearly described and very believable. I really enjoyed reading the book!
Geokowgurl
Jul 30, 2012 Geokowgurl rated it it was amazing
I love it when an author can keep the same character throughout a series of books and make you still want to read about them! Collins did that here with her heroine, Annie Kingston. Annie is dabbling in the forensic art hobby when it suddenly seems to become her career because she can immerse herself in the criminal's pysc. But at what cost to her own family???
Beth - ;)
I need to stop reading this genre for a while. I knew from the beginning who the villain was & did with the previous book that I finished yesterday.

In spite of this I did enjoy the story & will continue to read this author. I just need a change for awhile.

Next up -a Stargate story. :-)
Cathleen
Apr 13, 2009 Cathleen rated it really liked it
Loved it! I like the relationship between Annie and Det. Chetterling. I also like how much the neighbors, Dave and Erin, are able to help Annie and her family find a relationship with God and work through their issues. It was handled in a realistic and nice way. Can't wait to read the next one!
Susan
Jan 11, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Again, fantastic story line...love how Brandilyn Collins keeps you on the edge of your seat and wanting more! The twist...who "dun" it????
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
this book was kind of a let down. it was very easy to figure out and the ending was not a real shock. i felt sorry for the characters because it was like the author didnt really know what to do with them so she just did the same old boring thing.
Lisa Rathbun
Aug 11, 2011 Lisa Rathbun rated it liked it
I figured this out on p. 26. Not excrutiatingly bad as some Christian fiction is. I did want to know what was going to happen to Annie. I like the realistic touches of her trouble with her son. Still though, a bit bland and preditable.
Jeff Carpenter
Jul 12, 2013 Jeff Carpenter rated it really liked it
Highly suspenseful, this novel has lots of high energy. Ms. Collins has done it again. This one starts somewhat slow but it really takes off a little over halfway through.
Kathryn Bain
Mar 12, 2012 Kathryn Bain rated it it was amazing
Rated PG for mild violence.

Wonderful book. Put me on the edge of my seat a time or two. Would recommend for anyone wanting decent suspense.
Karlesha Murrell
Aug 13, 2011 Karlesha Murrell rated it really liked it
Great read, it really kept my attention with lots of twist and turns. Another great novel by Brandilyn Collins.
Barb
Feb 29, 2008 Barb rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sandy sexton, kathe deck
Murder mystery with a twist. Be sure to read Brink of Death first. Good stuff!
Kristy
Apr 24, 2008 Kristy rated it liked it
Like the first in this series, she is a really good writer, but not much of a plot.
Judy Feenstra
Dec 05, 2013 Judy Feenstra rated it really liked it
good book; #2 in the series; want to start book 3 now
Brandi Red
Feb 09, 2008 Brandi Red rated it liked it
good continuation of the first book.
joyce lynn
Jul 04, 2007 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing
VERY hard to put down!!!
Donna
Feb 05, 2008 Donna rated it it was amazing
Loved this series!
Andrea
Jun 27, 2008 Andrea rated it it was amazing
AWESOME AWESOME!
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2016
Lori Munson
Lori Munson marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • Fire Dancer
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Vanished (J.D. Stanton #2)
  • Word of Honor (Newpointe 911 #3)
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • Storm Surge (The Storm Series #3)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)
  • Irreparable Harm
Brandilyn Collins is a best-selling novelist known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense--fast-paced, character-driven suspense with myriad twists and an interwoven thread of faith.

Brandilyn is also known for her distinctive book on fiction-writing techniques, Getting Into Character: Seven Secrets a Novelist Can Learn From Actors (John Wiley & Sons). She is a sought-after teacher and speaker at
More about Brandilyn Collins...

Hidden Faces (4 books)
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces #1)
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Web of Lies (Hidden Faces, #4)