Start by marking “The Three Musketeers (Classic Starts)” as Want to Read:
The Three Musketeers (Classic Starts)

The Three Musketeers (Classic Starts)

"All for one and one for all!" That's the rallying cry of the Musketeers--guards of the French King--and the call to adventure for young readers enjoying their first taste of Dumas' classic swashbuckler. Aramis, Athos, Porthos, and the not-quite-yet Musketeer D'Artagnan use their wits and their swords to battle an evil Cardinal, the traitorous Milady, and other enemies of ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Three Musketeers, please sign up.

Natasha
Mar 08, 2010 Natasha rated it it was amazing

Natasha Neil 3/4/10
The Three Musketeers
By Oliver Ho

The book was about 3 musketeers and a man named D’Artaganan. They fight in a war. They go on an adventure to save the queen. Then they go on an adventure to save D’Artaganan’s love. On the way they run into the evil Cardinal and Milady.

My favorite character was Milady. She was very sneaky. She also caused tons of trouble sort of like me. She works for the evil Cardinal. She even escaped from prison.

I don’t really know if the story has a clima
Katie
Jan 31, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: lit-for-the-kids
The kids loved this story - especially the 9 year old boy was hanging on the end of his seat and truly shocked every time Rochefort made another appearance. (Ah! Him again!) I thought the text was pretty dry and factual and had none of the beauty/poetry of Dumas...but the original is pretty complicated and I am not in the business of condensing and simplifying classics for children, so if the kids loved it, great! I always like something that introduces the kids to classics and gets them excited ...more
Ellison Huang
Sep 04, 2016 Ellison Huang rated it it was amazing
This is a great classic retold of the Three Musketeers. I personally enjoyed it a lot as it has the perfect mixture of ingredients for a tasty story including, romance, mystery, suspense, adventure, and revenge. I recommend this book to young readers and can only begin to imagine what the original might bring forth.
Caleb
Jun 13, 2015 Caleb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. I would have rated it 2 and 1/2.
Mary Pond
Jan 03, 2017 Mary Pond rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-long-ago
Actually, I read this book in the original, long ago. Dumas.
Gavin
Apr 15, 2010 Gavin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This is a historical and adventure type of book plus it has a little of romance for you boys and girls out there so what I am about to tipe for you should be the most adventure in your entire life.

There was once a man named dartanyahn who has a dream of becoming a musketeer and he also was looking for the love of his life. So as he goes he meets a man named porthos who he bumped into and porthos says sorry and dartanyahn says you should be sorry and porthos challenges him to a duel at noon. He
AndreyT
Feb 27, 2013 AndreyT rated it it was amazing
This is the easily shortened text of Alexander Dumas's great novel, "The Three Musketeers." I actually read this novel in Korean first. At that time I thought my reading level wasn't high enough to read an original story. So my mom found this edition. Actually this book was too short and easy for me, so I got the original one. However, I want to recommend this book to people who wants to read a great book but worried about their reading level. Original book is really a hard but a great book. How ...more
March
Nov 12, 2015 March rated it really liked it
Have you ever want to be a hero? The three musketeers the book that you never want to sleep to know the ending of the book you will use your free time to read this because you want to know that will they catch the killer or they will die? the three musketeers the hero of France.

the three musketeers
The following story is about a man that want to catch a killer name Milady aka (his old love) because she steal something and so he go to the musketeer to track her down they have to travel to place
Fred Kaye
Nov 05, 2007 Fred Kaye rated it it was amazing
Having read this book as a boy 35 years ago I decided to revisit a classic this summer. This is simply an amazing work! Dumas invented the action adventure tale. The elements of good and evil and choices a hero must make on his journey are presented in clear and direct prose.

I had never realized how evil milady truly was. In all the movie versions this has never been truly showcased. Give this one a chance if you are tired of Hollywood version of hero and villas stories. This is the way action a
Rohan Arvind
This book is about a kid who has to become a good musket. He is going to become a musketeer when he meets 3 of his friends and they save France and they save people from the burglars and the kidnappers.
They save the queen and they save many other people with their group. D'Artagnan the main character becomes a general! This book is full of fighting and suspense. Read it!
Cynthia
May 04, 2010 Cynthia rated it it was ok
While I have enjoyed other books in the Classic Starts Series, this one was not my favorite. My boys enjoyed the adventure and seemed to follow the story fairly well, but I thought the story was much too condensed to follow clearly. But still a good introduction to the story for the young reader.
Ashley
Aug 03, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
This one seemed hard to follow. I'm not sure how much of the story line the kids were able to follow. It is a huge book to try and condense! I still love these books; A Little Princess is next.
Bandar
Bandar rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Dhwani Swadia
Dhwani Swadia rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
GeoDude
GeoDude rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Fu Xiang
Fu Xiang rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2015
Jennifer Brutyn
Jennifer Brutyn rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Yeonho J.
Yeonho J. rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Isabela Gouvêa
Isabela Gouvêa rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2011
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2015
Lina Qari
Lina Qari rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Janine Andersen
Janine Andersen rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Lucy Painter
Lucy Painter rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Serge Raikin
Serge Raikin rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
RubyRidingHood
RubyRidingHood rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Myn Hwa
Myn Hwa rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Melissa Long
Melissa Long rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
  • The Story of King Arthur & His Knights (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (Classic Starts Series adaptations)
  • The Swiss Family Robinson (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Jungle Book (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • Around the World in 80 Days
  • Arabian Nights (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Time Machine (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Call of the Wild

Classic Starts (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Classic Starts Series)
  • Animal Stories (Classic Starts Series)
  • Anne of Avonlea (Classic Start Series)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • Arabian Nights (Classic Starts Series)