Start by marking “Zap the Gaps!: Target Higher Performance and Achieve It!” as Want to Read:
Zap the Gaps!: Target Higher Performance and Achieve It!

Zap the Gaps!: Target Higher Performance and Achieve It!

Target Higher Performance and Achieve It!

In the bestselling tradition of The One Minute ManagerR, Zap the Gaps combines a fast–moving business parable with step–by–step instructions for implementing the GAPS approach to problem solving.
Published May 28th 2002 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Zap the Gaps!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zap the Gaps!

Christina
Mar 18, 2009 Christina rated it did not like it
Shelves: business, because
Zap the Gaps had more cheese than 'Who Moved My Cheese.' I found the business fable format to be distracting and often found myself rolling my eyes at the corny jokes and needless asides.

For those that have an needs analysis and root causes paradigm, this will be a painful oversimplification.... reads at a 8th grade level.

If needs analysis is new to you it would be a good BASIC introduction, simple analogies and business examples bring the concepts to life.

Read it if you must.
Liza Fireman
May 13, 2016 Liza Fireman rated it liked it
Shelves: read-from-shelf
As most of Blanchard it's an easy fun read. Not as good as some of the others though. Zap the GAPS is a book about looking at your team/company/project and finding the diff between the "shoulds" and the "is", and fixing them. Good advice from the book is to do it by asking questions, high yield open-ended questions. Start by finding your stars and ask them what they do more, better or differently, and also asking everyone what needs to be fixed. Later, after figuring out the root causes, choose ...more
Jessy Heaven
Nov 10, 2015 Jessy Heaven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
excelente libro, una manera diferente de expresar la resolución de problemas en una organización, como lo es, la gestion de desempeño, un libro muy rápido de leer y me ha encantado que sea un libro necesario para una clase. :)
Kevin Orth
Jul 31, 2015 Kevin Orth rated it really liked it
Short, simple, read it in one sitting. Very much in line with "Who Moved My Cheese". Equally glad I read it and borrowed it from the library.
Chris Ross
Nov 23, 2014 Chris Ross rated it it was ok
Shelves: business-books
I read this in 2005 and remember it to be just okay.
Kelley
Jul 29, 2014 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Review coming!
Loraine
Mar 29, 2012 Loraine rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
This book was a required read for me at work. Since I'm an elementary school teacher it had a few really hard stretches to apply to my job. While that's not the book's fault, the writing kinda is. This book had the same feel as a book read to first or second graders, but with higher vocabulary. The anectdotes are cheesy and only vaguely address the subject matter. Please puck the "low-hanging fruit" and don't force your employees to read this!
Michele Brown
Jun 28, 2014 Michele Brown rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership, business
Loved every minute of this book.
It captured my attention just as all of Blanchard's books have.
Keep in mind I read it more for the leadership ideas than the business, and it wasn't required.
Michelle
Aug 09, 2014 Michelle rated it did not like it
I've read a lot of these kinds of books for work and this one didn't do anything special for me. Didn't give me any "a-ha" moments to fix the problems i face in the office.
Jeannie Vandenberg
Apr 19, 2010 Jeannie Vandenberg rated it really liked it
Good framework for improving company performance and an entertaining tale.
Mohdalshawan alshawan
Apr 03, 2013 Mohdalshawan alshawan rated it it was amazing
the book that guides to sucess
Sarah Paine
Sarah Paine rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Mary Aquino
Mary Aquino rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Lyndsay
Lyndsay marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Cesar
Cesar rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Milad
Milad rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it did not like it
Aug 17, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Robert M
Robert M marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Jennifer Dawson
Jennifer Dawson marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
TJZ
TJZ rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Jerry Bolen
Jerry Bolen rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
MaL
MaL rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Lars Axelsen
Lars Axelsen rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Marlee
Marlee marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...