Start by marking “The Deming Management Method” as Want to Read:
The Deming Management Method

The Deming Management Method

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Whether you are the owner of your own small business, a middle manager in a mid-sized company, or the CEO of a multinational, this book aims to show you how to improve your profits and productivity, following the principles of the Deming management method.
Paperback
Published October 1st 1992 by Management Books 2000 (first published June 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Deming Management Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deming Management Method

James
A book that's turned up, and been useful, again and again since I first encountered it in a Total Quality Leadership (TQL) program, the military version of Total Quality Management (TQM), back in the 90s while on active duty as a Marine officer, then again in a public health job a decade later. Dr. Deming was the innovator who tried to share what he'd learned about managing processes to the U.S. auto industry, then went to Japan when Detroit ignored him, with the results visible in the products ...more
Wendy
This book has carry over in any business. I incorporated this style in healthcare management and parenting!! It's a great story on a can do business model. A must read. (it might seem out dated, but I believe .. The essence of good leadership is in there)
Ron
Feb 02, 2011 Ron rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: quality
A book that better explains the Out of Crisis book that Deming wrote. Perhaps this is the best book to begin to understand the concepts.
Chuck Russo
excellent book about W. Edwards Deming's business principles
Yves
I bought this book and read it in the early years of starting Qualifirst, my first company. Deming was a bit of a business hero to me at that time and I was pretty excited to be able to talk to someone that had read & given some thought on "The Parable of the Red Beads" which is early in the book, dealing with work systems and processes outside of a worker's control.

I read it and used what I could but the concept of total quality reinforced my determination that a business that was not inher
Andrew
Fantastic review of statistics and statistical quality control explaining workers' success or non success in a system.
Chris
I personally really enjoyed many of the principles raised in the book and wonder how they apply to today, since much of this was written awhile ago and many of the examples provided (I stopped reading somewhere around past the story involving Ford and the Taurus) just don't seem to as appropriate given more recent history. Nevertheless, I'm sure many of the concepts really do apply to many companies (or agencies in the work scenarios I deal with) and could be readily applied if leadership were w ...more
Jonathan Trost
I enjoyed learning about his methods and Mr Demming. however most of this books was the same stories with different companies repeated again and again...american companies ignored quality, foreign competition came in and stole market share, american companies adopted Demmings methods after culture/org changes, and became more competitive.

If you are looking for a book to learn about the statistical methods Demming used, this is not the book for you.
Daniel Lang
For a simple introduction to Dr. Deming's "Method" of Management, an overview of his life and examples of practical applications this book is simply the best. It is the launch pad for life long learning of quality and everything associated to it. I just cannot praise this book enough.
Erneilson
This book was my introduction to Dr. Deming - as a manager I have heard his name and his work mentioned over and over again so I figured it was time to get to know him better.
Bridget
Jan 03, 2011 Bridget marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is the paperback edition of the hardcover shown above. Cannot find the exact edition. I have four copies of this book. (One swapped so far)
Brian
Jan 07, 2009 Brian marked it as to-read
Suggested by Mark Graban from leanblog.org when asked about good book about Dr. Demming.
Bridget
Dec 31, 2010 Bridget marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is the correct publisher but a soft cover edition. I own five copies.
Goodreadsscannertesting
Should be zero star rating now
Sharon
Jun 20, 2013 Sharon marked it as to-read
Shelves: business
My deceased husband's book.
Beth Robinson
Beth Robinson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Will Wittler
Will Wittler marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Charlie Young
Charlie Young marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Asmaa
Asmaa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
  • Out of the Crisis
  • The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook: Strategies and Tools for Building a Learning Organization
  • The Leadership Pipeline: How to Build the Leadership-Powered Company
  • An Introduction to General Systems Thinking (Silver Anniversary Edition)
  • Resource Wars: The New Landscape of Global Conflict
  • Smartbomb: The Quest for Art, Entertainment, and Big Bucks in the Videogame Revolution
  • Social Darwinism in American Thought
  • The Problem of the Media: U.S. Communication Politics in the Twenty-First Century
  • Synthetic Worlds: The Business and Culture of Online Games
  • Dungeons & Dreamers: A Story of how Computer Games Created a Global Community
  • War Made New: Technology, Warfare, and the Course of History: 1500 to Today
  • The Mind of War: John Boyd and American Security
  • High Five!: The Magic of Working Together
A Woman's Crusade: Alice Paul and the Battle for the Ballot Car: A Drama of the American Workplace Deming management at work Deming management method (Perigee) Sheffield, Its Story And Its Achievements