Start by marking “How the Rich Get Thin: Park Avenue's Top Diet Doctor Reveals the Secrets to Losing Weight and Feeling Great” as Want to Read:

You know the ones: the women walking down Park or Fifth Avenues on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Hermes handbag on the arm. Hair just so. Sleek and groomed as greyhounds. How The Rich Get Thin, from one of New York's premier weight control doctors, reveals the secrets of how the successful and rich get and stay thin. With a quick-start two week program that the dieter later ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about How the Rich Get Thin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How the Rich Get Thin

Nicole
Oct 26, 2007 Nicole rated it really liked it
I know, I know. I don't diet, the first part of the word is "die"! Ok, so it was $5 at the book store on clearance, BUT, this book makes sense. The premise is what we should all be doing...."eat real food". Don't eat processed crap. Don't drink soda. Eat fruits, vegetables, low fat protein and drink water. And excercise. Duh.
Lain
Dec 01, 2007 Lain rated it liked it
Yes, another diet book. This one attempts to slim America by sharing the "secrets" that have worked for this Park Avenue diet doctor and her clients.

The only problem: There's nothing new or "secret" here, and we all know that socialites drink like fish, smoke like chimneys, and frequent the plastic surgeon's office so often they should have frequent flier miles.

Eat smaller portions. Push away the bread basket. Drink water instead of alcohol. Get 60 minutes of exercise a day. Sound familiar?

I a
Colleen
Dec 17, 2008 Colleen rated it really liked it
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor since everyone has to make the same effort to keep the weight off. Highlights of this book include the importance of 60 minutes of exercise, protein/calcium intake, eliminating processed foods, etc. There are no secrets here, but its a solid book with good advice.
Gideon
Feb 04, 2008 Gideon rated it really liked it
It works. I didn't follow the plan all the way (I was in phase 1 for the longest time...lost a lot of weight and got lazy), but I love this book. Anyone who wants to lose some weight should definitely take a look at this book and live it.
Gabbi
Aug 09, 2011 Gabbi rated it it was ok
So yes, the stuff in this book is great. Exercise every day, drink green tea and lots of water, get a good amount of protein, blah blah blah. But I've decided that the diet plan contained in this book isn't quite for me.
Nicole Mccormack
Jan 21, 2009 Nicole Mccormack rated it really liked it
Was interested in the tricks of the trade... kind of fun to see it in the perspective of a celebrity or someone who has all the money in the world to spend on a trainer, cook, inspirational motivator, etc.
Tate
Sep 04, 2007 Tate rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me knows that I am always on (or falling off) a diet. Good tips and funny commentary (although I think the author is serious) about food and getting thin in NYC.
Jessica
May 28, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
i really like this doctor's methods. very healthy, somewhat similar to south beach. and her 3 day jump start is amazing for rapid special event weight loss.
Courtney
Jan 02, 2009 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to start this diet in the new year. Dr. Klauer offers a doable plan backed by scientific information and insightful ideas.
Any Astuti
Sep 26, 2012 Any Astuti rated it it was amazing
I love this book! This is the only diet book that make a sense to me. I tried it and prove it. I lost 20 lbs! Yeahhhh.
Mayacastelloz
LOL... a lame attempt to lose weight......
Kiki
Jun 11, 2009 Kiki marked it as to-read
see wat this book is about..
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Monica Salcido
Monica Salcido marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
M.M. Guy
M.M. Guy rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Vivienne Cudd
Vivienne Cudd rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Elton Ollerhead
Elton Ollerhead rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Diane Morris
Diane Morris marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Diana J.
Diana J. marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Dora Koch
Dora Koch marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Marie-pier Chandonnet
Marie-pier Chandonnet marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Esraa Hassan
Esraa Hassan marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Whateve
Whateve marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015