Start by marking “The Marriage Diaries” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Diaries

The Marriage Diaries

2.48 of 5 stars 2.48  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  19 reviews
“Brutally honest and wonderfully witty, The Marriage Diaries had me laughing and crying–often at the same time.”
–Gemma Townley, author of Little White Lies

Meet Sean and Celeste–living proof that opposites attract.

Savvy and sophisticated Celeste is a top clothing buyer in London; Sean is a scruffy, eccentric writer turned stay-at-home dad who, courtesy of the couple’s toddl
Published September 26th 2006 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage Diaries

Nichole Eggen
I loved the first half of this book so much!! and was so angry at the last half. it was ridiculous and almost ruined the book. taken in halves, the first half gets a 4, the second half gets thrown into the fire and burned. I went out, bought 3 copies of it, ripped it almost exactly in half and gave it to 3 friends. *smile* only one of whom, by her curious nature asked for the second half, and was so sorry she did.
so, if you want to read this book? STOP in the middle! and it will be a great read
Jeni
This book is a journal by a husband and wife. Not to say they are co-authoring the journal. Actually, the wife, Celeste, discovers her husband's journal and begins her own counter journal, so to speak.

Sean (Celeste's husband) is a stay-at-home-Dad and Celeste is a high fashion something or other. Each of them don't realize that they are just a tad unhappy with how things are going until there is the opportunity for an affair staring them in the face.

Perception is reality. You hear it on TV, you
patrice
It sux, I read a few entries from each other in the book aka their diaries and it put me to sleep. I cracked up when I read the back of the book that said .."Celeste is surprise to find out the secrets he has been writing". Um what secrets?! That he's a bored writer because he's a stay at home dad, the "secrets" are rather lame and the fact that her therapist said its a good idea for her to keep reading the diary instead of talking to her husband about it, is just stupid. This book is boring and ...more
Regan
I wanted to like this book because I did find parts of it funny but I didn't like certain parts of it and especially the end so I could only give it the one star.
Lisa
This book was ok - set in London, which may have been the downfall for me (I've been reading alot of those lately and I think I need a break from them - LOL). It's about a stay-at-home dad who is a writer and his wife, who has a great job in the fashion industry. They are polar opposites, it's kind of funny. She ends up finding his "diary" on the computer and then starts her own secret diary. He doesn't know that she "found" his diary and has started reading it. I don't want to tell you too much ...more
Michelle
Um, okay, I've not quite encountered two more unlikeable characters than the couple in this book. The book consists of a husband and wife's diaries. Her entries are basically rebuttals to his. Now there are some downright hysterical expressions and metaphors and phrases, so that bumps it up from 1 star. Truly, truly incredibly funny word choices. However, Celeste and Sean were both such miserable people I was wanting them to have affairs. The handling of their son is an afterthought at best and ...more
Nikki
Jan 20, 2013 Nikki rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Horrible! It took me forever to read, probably because I just wasn't interested in it and was in no hurry to pick it up and continue reading. A big dud! I don't know why I bothered to even put forth the effort to finish it. It was boring, and I didn't care for Sean's ramblings at all. I found them hard to follow and that the author was trying too hard to make him sound clever. Sorry, but I was not impressed....................2 big thumbs DOWN!
Jadine
The story is alternate journal/blog entries of a married couple and I typically like books that show different perspectives. The trouble I had with this book is that I didn't like either character. I read about 4 or 5 entries of both the husband and the wife; found I thought neither were worth carrying on.
Tara
I never quit reading books in the middle no matter how bad, but I just couldn't finish it. The husband and wife are not pleasant people. I didn't care what happened to them. It wasn't gripping at all. I stopped halfway through...
Jaymie Moore
I got about half way through before I decided I wasn't going to finish reading it. I wouldn't say it was a bad book, it just didn't interest me enough.
Deb
Mulitnarrator book. Nothing exciting but it was an easy read, basic chick lit. Sean can be funny at times but Celeste, not so much.
Shari
Horribly written. So bad I couldn’t finish this book and had to get it out of my sight (and apartment) as soon as possible.
Robyn
Aug 01, 2007 Robyn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
I wanted to like this book, but honestly I found it really kind of boring. It didn't live up to its potential!
linnea
I loved the concept of dueling diaries from a married couple, but in the end, it let me down.
Brandi
Definitely not my favorite at all....I couldn't even finish it....ugh!
T
I will be posting a review on my blog... keep an eye open...
Kricket
Why did I even finish this? The characters were hateful.
Dawn
Don't let your spouse find your diary
Christine Clydesdale
Christine Clydesdale marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Jessica Mccomb
Jessica Mccomb marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Karmen
Karmen marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Last Year Of Being Married (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Mad About Max
  • Pick Me Up
  • Bed Rest
  • The Men I Didn't Marry
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Herself
  • In the Drink
  • This Day in the Life: Diaries from Women Across America
  • Sometimes We're Always Real Same-Same
Slave to Fashion Slave to Love Light Is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light The Favours And Fortunes Of Katie Castle Emotionally Involved: The Impact of Researching Rape