Start by marking “Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear” as Want to Read:
Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear

Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  12 reviews
In times of crisis and confusion, Dr. Charles Stanley has learned the one phrase that can carry him through: "God, You are in control." The peace he has experienced in life stems from that foundational belief. In Finding Peace, Dr. Stanley shares with readers how they, too, can experience an unshakeable peace which "passes all understanding."

Filled with encouragement to li
Published March 6th 2007 by Nelson Books (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Peace

Brent Soderstrum
I always enjoy reading books by Charles Stanley. This book seemed to come at a good time in my life with various things taking place that have caused me anxiety. "Jesus is in control" is one of the things I need to remember when faced with a situation that I view as potentially bad. Often times God uses those very situations to bring about something I never expected. I too often have self centered desires which in my infinite wisdom I feel should be met. It often takes me a while to see God at w ...more
Strawberryblonde
I always struggle with worrying, especially at night because I just lay in bed worrying over every little thing. It's horrible because it keeps me up for hours at night. I told my mom this and she told me that I should pray and ask God for peace. So at night I do my devotions before bed and pray and I can tell you, it works, it really does work. About a week later I was looking at books on Amazon and found this book. I was so happy that I found this book because I love Charles Stanly's books and ...more
Wayne Hastings
Dr. Stanley draws from personal experience and the Scriptures as he teaches about contentment and the real, and lasting peace of God. Is recommend the book for anyone who is struggling with fear, doubt and depression from circumstances, events, or any life challenges.
KDNH
My first Charles Stanley book, I fell quickly in love with his writing. Finding Peace is a timely title for me and I think this book brought a lot of things to light that needed to be seen. I'm looking forward to reading more of Charles Stanley and I'd recommend this book to anyone in need of some peace and calm in their lives.
Leesa
I adore Dr. Stanley. This is such an encouraging book and written in a really conversational, easy way. And I love that he chooses to focus on the Lord's sovereignty and reminds Christians not to make God small. (I always need to hear this, everyday.)
Jeff
If you like Dr.Stanley's sermons you would like this book. Very plain spoken and straight forward advice. This is an encouraging and practical book about letting go of struggles that hold you back from God's peace.
Jana
We're all searching for peace and a way to deal with the regrets in our lives. Dr. Stanley does an excellent job of guiding you through these emotions to a place of acceptance and hope for the future.
Beth
Alana
"Jesus is the source of your contentment"
Debra
I have bought this book for gifts
Rodney
This book is very inspirational.
Victoria
Very resourceful book to help bring Peace into your life.
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
monica smith
monica smith marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Byong Hwan
Byong Hwan marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Paula Davis
Paula Davis marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Susan Snoeyink
Susan Snoeyink marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Sally
Sally is currently reading it
Dec 01, 2014
Jennifer Seabolt
Jennifer Seabolt marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Dave Wirka
Dave Wirka marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
  • Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • Ashamed Of The Gospel: When The Church Becomes Like The World
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • Invisible War, The: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • A Cup of Comfort: Stories That Warm Your Heart, Lift Your Spirit, and Enrich Your Life
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • The Bible Answer Book
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource