Start by marking “Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear” as Want to Read:
Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear

Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In times of crisis and confusion, Dr. Charles Stanley has learned the one phrase that can carry him through: "God, You are in control." The peace he has experienced in life stems from that foundational belief. In Finding Peace, Dr. Stanley shares with readers how they, too, can experience an unshakeable peace which "passes all understanding."

Filled with encouragement to li
Published March 4th 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Peace

Jennah
Oct 22, 2015 Jennah rated it it was amazing
I always struggle with worrying, especially at night because I just lay in bed worrying over every little thing. It's horrible because it keeps me up for hours at night. I told my mom this and she told me that I should pray and ask God for peace. So at night I do my devotions before bed and pray and I can tell you, it works, it really does work. About a week later I was looking at books on Amazon and found this book. I was so happy that I found this book because I love Charles Stanly's books and ...more
Brent Soderstrum
Nov 16, 2012 Brent Soderstrum rated it really liked it
I always enjoy reading books by Charles Stanley. This book seemed to come at a good time in my life with various things taking place that have caused me anxiety. "Jesus is in control" is one of the things I need to remember when faced with a situation that I view as potentially bad. Often times God uses those very situations to bring about something I never expected. I too often have self centered desires which in my infinite wisdom I feel should be met. It often takes me a while to see God at w ...more
Kimberlee
Jun 15, 2015 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
Friends and mentors of ours have talked so positively about Charles Stanley that I finally had to break down and read one of his books, and I am so glad that I did. The gentle yet truthful ways he presents Scripture made me the reader feel like I was listening in on an affirming conversation between my Creator and me. His honest personal sharing illustrates principles throughout this nonfiction work. I was sad to finish it today. I look forward to giving this book as a gift and to reading it aga ...more
Rickey
Apr 03, 2015 Rickey marked it as to-read-more  ·  review of another edition
So many people talk about peace, of mind or with others. And yet, when push comes to shove, how well do these people do? Even well-respected authors on the subject, when you research their biographies, have come short on the real-world ability, or expertise, to remain at peace or to create peace.

What, then, shall be the solution? Is there something to the claims of the need for help from a higher power or intelligence?

I write this review from the standpoint of a skeptic. Yet, I cannot say I am
Nathan Parker
Jul 21, 2015 Nathan Parker rated it it was amazing
Excellent book based on a sermon series where I had the privilege of listen to one of the sermons in person at his church. Great resource on the peace of God, and it will deify any Christian in their walk with Christ.
LA TONYA
Apr 01, 2015 LA TONYA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt better after reading this book.

I am a follower of Dr. Stanley's television ministry and I read the bible daily so I am familiar with the material in this book. When you read this book you may think turmoil happens - focus on God, a piece of cake but it's not as easy as it seems.
I started this book a while ago and somehow other things got in the way of me finishing it. (I read "When the Enemy Strikes" in 2 days). Some issues came up, I started feeling conflicted; I returned to this book a
Wayne Hastings
Feb 07, 2014 Wayne Hastings rated it it was amazing
Dr. Stanley draws from personal experience and the Scriptures as he teaches about contentment and the real, and lasting peace of God. Is recommend the book for anyone who is struggling with fear, doubt and depression from circumstances, events, or any life challenges.
KDNH
Feb 13, 2012 KDNH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Charles Stanley book, I fell quickly in love with his writing. Finding Peace is a timely title for me and I think this book brought a lot of things to light that needed to be seen. I'm looking forward to reading more of Charles Stanley and I'd recommend this book to anyone in need of some peace and calm in their lives.
Leesa
Jul 14, 2013 Leesa rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I adore Dr. Stanley. This is such an encouraging book and written in a really conversational, easy way. And I love that he chooses to focus on the Lord's sovereignty and reminds Christians not to make God small. (I always need to hear this, everyday.)
Jeff
May 04, 2013 Jeff rated it really liked it
If you like Dr.Stanley's sermons you would like this book. Very plain spoken and straight forward advice. This is an encouraging and practical book about letting go of struggles that hold you back from God's peace.
Jana
Mar 17, 2013 Jana rated it it was amazing
We're all searching for peace and a way to deal with the regrets in our lives. Dr. Stanley does an excellent job of guiding you through these emotions to a place of acceptance and hope for the future.
Jonathan
Dec 30, 2015 Jonathan rated it really liked it
Great book!
Simple writing - with profound application.
A life changer!
Mona Randall
Oct 05, 2015 Mona Randall rated it it was amazing
My biggest compliment to a book is to keep it. I'm keeping this one!
Beth
Oct 16, 2008 Beth rated it liked it
Alana
"Jesus is the source of your contentment"
Debra
Feb 02, 2010 Debra rated it it was amazing
I have bought this book for gifts
Rodney
Apr 19, 2008 Rodney rated it it was amazing
This book is very inspirational.
Victoria
Very resourceful book to help bring Peace into your life.
Mikala
Mikala marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Ruth H.
Ruth H. rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ruth Cebrero
Ruth Cebrero rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Sungmoon Jung
Sungmoon Jung rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Darlene Buckner
Darlene Buckner rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Andre Jenkins
Andre Jenkins marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Rita
Rita added it
Jan 23, 2016
Deborah Stewart
Deborah Stewart is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • They Smell Like Sheep
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • When Christ Comes
  • How To Be Born Again
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • Life Overflowing, 6-in-1: 6 Pillars for Abundant Living
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
  • Andrew Murray on Prayer
  • Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World
  • Where To Find It In The Bible The Ultimate A To Z Resource Series
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be
  • The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the Manger
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
  • The Strategy of Satan: How to Detect and Defeat Him
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...