Firestorm

Firestorm (Full Circle #6)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Book 6 in the Best-selling Full Circle Series
Will Reyne remain trapped in a life without risk--
and a life without love?

As a smoke jumper, Reyne Oldre--friend to Rachel Tanner and Beth Morgan (Refuge)--once led a team of courageous firefighters into a blaze that ended in unspeakable tragedy. Now crippled by fear, she conducts fire research from a safe distance, determined...more
Published June 19th 2001 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Firestorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firestorm

This is a none stop action book which involve friendship between three women and how they deal with one of them who has a terminal illness, one of them is a firefighter. This story talks of the courage of firefighters who goes into the blazes to stop the spread of the fires with all of the things against them such as the wind, lighting, location and other natural surrondsings which could cause a shift in the situation in a flash. Into this mix one of the women has to face up to some of her past...more
Loraine
Once again Lisa Tawn Bergren has done an excellent job with both storyline and characters. I have very much enjoyed the Full Circle series and really liked this last novel in the series. A nice extra was the added novelette that brought Matthew's story to it's conclusion.
Erin Cataldi
Lisa Tawn Bergren, an accomplished Christian novelist with dozen of books in print, combines fear, risk, love, loss, and fires all into one novel, in "Firestorm." As I've admitted before this isn't my favorite genre but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I read a Christian romance that doesn't have me gagging. This story follows fire science expert, Reyne, as she tries to overcome her fears and learn to trust in God again after she loses four of her crew in a horrendous firestorm. After taking...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
For me it's so rare to have a book grab me by the heartstrings so strong that my emotions are complete bond to it like I have found in the latest novel by Lisa Tawn Bergren in Firestorm. When it can make me sigh at just the right moments and cry at the saddest ones, then in my opinion, the writer is truly using her God-given talents. Oh she completely had me in this one every step of the way in the characters lives that she so eloquently created.

In this Full Circle Series, Firestorm is book 6. I...more
Jennifer Clausen-greene
When I hear "romance novel" the first thought that comes to my mind is a book filled with raunchy sex, inappropriate relationships, infidelity, etc. This book was not like that at all and I was so thankful!! I personally am more of a murder-mystery/true crime type of gal, and all my "knowledge" of romance novels comes from the 2 others I read years ago, whose titles I shall not mention, but they did not leave a good impression upon me. My mother-in-law on the other hand is obsessed with romance...more
Paula-O
The Full Circle Series Book#6 "Firestorm" by Lisa Tawn Bergren

I had not read any of the others in this series but "Firestorm" is a great stand alone novel to read.
I was drawn into the story of Reyne Oldre from the beginning, she worked with fires. This is not my usual type of reading, but I soon found myself loving all the terms used in the language of folks fighting big-time fires.
Reyne had a real bad experience at "Oxbow" the grand-daddy of fires and lost some of her team members, going throu...more
Tima
Reyne is a firefighter. After losing four members of her team in a forest fires she retreats to research where it is safe and vows to never date a firefighter. But then Logan, a smoke jumper, enters the picture with his project that could save lives and ruins her good intentions. Now she must decide if it’s worth it to risk her heart and her life to Logan and firefighting.

I had read this book years ago when I read the entire series. But I couldn’t remember most of it so decided to read it again....more
Chris
Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren would not have been my first choice as a book to read – it was actually my only choice (here’s a plug for people to help me get my Klout up).
Firestorm is Book 6 in the Full Circle series. Within the series each book is somewhat tied to the other through the relationships of characters. Firestorm follows Reyne Oldre a few years after her being involved in a tragic accident while fighting a forest fire. No longer on the frontlines of fighting forest fires, Reyne is m...more
AbbyJoy
Aug 08, 2012 AbbyJoy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women, Adult, Romance Lovers
I liked Firestorm. A lot. Bergren wrote an interesting romance you really can't help but like. At first I was a bit irritated at Logan's jump to pursue Reyne, especially when he went as far as to make a bet over it. It seemed, to me anyway, like he was just out to conquer and he didn't particularly pray about it or even really think it out well.

However, despite my initial reaction to Logan's pursuits, I couldn't help but end up liking him. I know Reyne is supposed to be the main character, but...more
Denise Kettering
At points this book seems to drag, although there is plenty of action towards the end of the book. The book is a fairly predictable format as from the beginning it is pretty clear that the protagonists, who are initially at odds with one another, will fall in love and given the title will have to fight a forest fire together. The book is really about learning how to trust in God and recover from a traumatic experience.

Reyne Oldre survived a firestorm that has caused her to develop equipment that...more
Ginger Solomon
Firestorm is book six in the Full Circle Series. I enjoyed the novel even though I hadn't read any of the previous five. I didn't feel like I was missing information given in previous books, though I'm surprised I haven't gotten my hands on them before now. I like Ms. Bergren's writing style and I especially love happy endings (no spoilers because it is a romance).

Fires intrigue me (from a distance), so I liked learning more about what goes on at the scene of a fire and how the people are feelin...more
Melmac MacDonald
I remember reading this book in high school and enjoying it very much. While I never thought it measured up to the first 5 books in the series I always loved Bergren's writing. I was looking forward to rereading this book. In the spirit of being honest the book was not anywhere near as good as I remembered. In fact I found it completely cheesy. Unlike Bergren's other books these characters are not well developed and you'll find yourself trying to catch up with no markings along the way.

The fir...more
Katelyn Shear
This book is better than the one I last read by her. It was sweeter, but definitely sillier. The heroine, Reyne, seemed to be a bit childish and silly, and the author's excuse for that was that she had watched some of her fire crew die. The hero is a bit arrogant and seems to think he's just too charming for anyone. Also, the relationship advances way too quickly. I don't really think it was all that bad, but just not my type of book.
Bex Arevir
First book I read from the author Lisa Tawn Bergren. I just pick it up from the library and I can't believe I waited for weeks to start reading this. It's just laying on my bedside table when I finally pick it...and I can't put it down. Thumbs up!!! I have to look for the 1st series and the rest...and I'm off book hunting :)
June
Full Circle, back to Rachel and Beth (from Refuge, the first book in the series) and their friend Reyne. Another well written book with an enjoyable story about life and it's challenges. This is the 6th book in the series and all 6 were really good.
Leslie
This was interesting to find out how fire fighters fight the huge forest fires each summer going from state to state where needed. Of course there is a love story in it.
Esther
This book was kind of slow in the beginning, but towards the end it went a little quicker. I actually teared up during this book, and I never cry when I read books.
Barbara
Love the Montana settings. The fire sections were scarey to me. Maybe too much of nothing going on in the middle.
Lisa Johnson
Title: Firestorm (Full Circle Series #6)
Author: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Pages: 352
Year: 2001
Publisher: Waterbrook Press
Note: I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review. Follow my other reviews at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... and on twitter @lcjohnson1988

The dragon is what the firefighters call it. A wall of flames that shoots hundreds of feet in the air and jumping from tree to tree, it can change direction in a second. Reyne is an experienced firefighter for the fore...more
Nat
Nat added it
Sep 13, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called River of Time (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY and soon will be done with the last installment, DELUGE). She's also written the Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, GLITTERING PROMISES), and...more
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) Cascade (River of Time, #2) Torrent (River of Time, #3) Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour, #1)