Start by marking “Reckless (Brazen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless (Brazen, #2)

Reckless (Brazen #2)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,920 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
He can run, but he can t hide

A Red Hot Summer story and a stand-alone sequel to Brazen.

Sheriff J.T. Summers promised to keep an eye on his best friend s little sister. What could possibly go wrong? A lot. Little Nikki Durant isn t so little anymore. She s sex on a stick, and she s pointed right at him.

Nikki has always loved J.T., and she s through waiting for him to come a
Published June 3rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless

Jamie
Jan 14, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing
HA HA sucks to be J.T.! I found this e-book yesterday morning while I was checking out the "shop" on my Nook. The synopsis alone was enough to make me break my book buying ban.

Reckless is about a small town sheriff (the towns name is Barley...yes like Oats and Barley.) named J.T. who is trying really hard to fight his lust and feelings for his best friends little sister Nikki. Now Nikki on the other hand is absolutely determined to make him hers, even though he's 12 years older than her...Failur
Eternal-Love78 Michelle Rossi's Reviews
The Perfect Sultry Fix for an Afternoon Romp! With a CAPITAL~~~H.O.T.!

J.T. Summers has been fantasizing about Nikki Durant, his best friend Lucas's kid sister, for years. However like every honorable, self-righteous man, J.T. refuses to act upon those lurid desires.

Nikki's been infatuated with J.T. since the night he brought the devastating news that her mother will not be returning home. That she has skipped town with her latest, "boy toy." Leaving Lucas and Nikki to fend for themselves.

Now Nik
Linda
Aug 31, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Nikki knows that to J.T shes just his best friends kid sister, but how can she convince him that shes more than that?
J.T promised to take care and look out for Nikki when her brother deployed but shes just so tempting. Hiding out at work seems to be the only way to stay away from her. Until she manages to get arrested. Showing up in cuffs should do the trick, right?
Quick read, contemporary romance and smutty fluff in a great combo.
Listened to the audioversion and the narrator was great.
Sheila Melo
Short Novella Missing Emotional Weight

THE STORY: J.T. Summers is the sheriff in a small town and has a problem. His best friend's sister is back in town and she is after him. J.T. promised her brother that he would keep an eye on her. Now all he wants to do is avoid her because she is hunting him and he is lusting after her. Nikki Durant knows that J.T. is the one for her. She just needs to convince him.

OPINION: This was a mildly pleasant story but it just doesn't have compelling enough characte
Nishtha
I was procrastinating reading this book since months, today just seemed to be 'the day'. It was a short story, not the best romance but okay.

Honestly, I like plots and suspense even in short stories and if its a romance, then I need a good and loving story where I actually like one of the main characters if not both. I didn't find any story in this novel. It was too short and fast for my liking. It can be read as a standalone (though I am not recommending it)

2.5 stars.
Mskychick
Aug 20, 2015 Mskychick rated it it was ok
Shelves: henrico-ebook
My least favorite trope- the rabid and unreasoning pursuit of someone who is adamantly saying no.
DA4Pups
Light, cute and short. 3 stars.
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Maya Banks is one of the best writers of Erotic Romances her strength in creating characters that the reader likes and cares about is consistent. You know when you spend your money that you will get great characters, fun story and some steam that will make you squirm in your chair.

This novella checked all the boxes, I love JT and thought Nikki was a great heroine. I loved how she was going for what she wanted no holds barred, it was a refreshing change in a romance novel. I liked JT in Brazen a
Dana
Sep 30, 2015 Dana rated it it was ok
Nikki has been in love with her older brother Lucas' best friend JT for most of her life. JT, as a small town sheriff, has sworn to protect Nikki. Except that Nikki doesn't need protection, JT does. From Nikki's obsession with him. Her not so subtle seduction tricks at getting JT into bed include getting arrested, getting a friend to get JT over to their pool where she is currently lying naked in wait, and showing up to the police station wearing very little.
Once Nikki finally gets her man, he m
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica

*I read Reckless as part of the Red-Hot Summer anthology.*

Read my full review here:

Red-Hot Summer
Amanda Davis
Jan 03, 2014 Amanda Davis rated it liked it
too short but still a good story. left me wanting mg more
Cheesecake
Nikki and J.T. Pretty short story but a fun read. Spent a lot of the book wanting to slap JT upside the head, but he makes up for it in the end with some spectacular grovelling. I listened to the audio book and found the reader a bit annoying with her pseudo wannabe sultry voice. But it was OK. The story is better and maybe I would have liked the side characters better if I had read it instead of listened to it. Nikki has had a crush on her older brother's friend JT since she was little. She has ...more
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews

Jennette
Dec 12, 2015 Jennette rated it liked it
I wavered this very weak 3 stars maybe I should just say 2 stars but it is as advertised I guess. I liked J.T. in the last book so I was happy to see him get a story but it was a silly story. He is pursued by a woman 12 years younger and won't admit his feelings. At first she seems so shallow then her character finally take on some depth but the story then falls flat. This is also very short so there isn't much time to feel a connection to the characters or their situation.
Patti
Apr 08, 2016 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-ebooks
It's a good story but I found it a little disappointing at the same time. I think Nikki's actions are too extreme and uncaring towards J.T. He is a serious sheriff in a very small Texas town and to take her antics into his station was disrespectful. With that said, I'm guessing her lack of maturity and inexperience makes her behave in such a manner. But, that is why J.T. thinks she's playing games with him.
Alanna Baker
Nov 21, 2015 Alanna Baker rated it it was ok
I wasn't impressed with this book it had the potential to be better if we got to know the characters better so we could understand Nikki's background and the reasons she acted the way she did as it was it was skimmed over and as a result made the overall book unimpressive
Stacey Mcphilomy
Oct 18, 2015 Stacey Mcphilomy rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars. Poor J.T. There is something about determined women and a man in their site. It was fun reading glimpses of Seth,Zane and Jasmine' s marriage. J.T. finally got his fairy tale after he got the corncob out of ass .
Amanda Sheila
Jul 12, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: maya-banks
Well, it's kind of weird.

Nikki's all over J. T.'s face. She's been following him everywhere. It's obvious that she likes him but the problem is, J. T. didn't see that. He just see Nikki as his best friend little sister who just stop by in his town when she got holiday from college. He likes Nikki, but he didn't think of her "that" way, not until Nikki flashing him her body. He's burning now. But will J. T. realize that Nikki's not playing games? That she's genuinely like him?

It's a major turn
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Aug 09, 2014 Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it really liked it
Shelves: quickie-read
JT does a favor for a friend that could get him into some real HOT water. This favor requires more will power than he could have ever imagined would be required.

Nikki is home from college and she is causing more trouble all in the name of getting a little attention. Not just from anyone but from the man she has loved since she was fifteen. JT is her big brother's best friend and he has been tasked with keeping an eye on her. She is nothing like her mother but the men of the town seems to think o
Debbie Baker
Jt & Nikki,

Loved these two. Quite predictable story but enjoyable. Loved JT in Brazen was good to follow his story. Lucas next please...
Cindy
Dec 28, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Great Story

This is the story of JT and Nikki. It is more of a novella but a great story nonetheless. Oh and it has its fair share of heat!
Gussie Porter
Apr 06, 2016 Gussie Porter rated it it was amazing
Maya did it again I love the way she writes. I can't wait for the next series to start reading.
Valeria Mendez
Feb 06, 2016 Valeria Mendez rated it it was amazing
Definitivamente Maya Banks nunca falla ya sean historias pequeñas , largas o ya sean sagas. <3
Raj
Aug 28, 2014 Raj rated it really liked it
Girl be a virgin and the book finished too quickly.
Jessica
May 15, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
My only complaint is that I wish it was longer.
Jeanene
Jan 10, 2016 Jeanene rated it it was amazing
Short and hot. A nice distraction
Nanaroni2949
Feb 19, 2015 Nanaroni2949 rated it really liked it
Quick read but got to the point
Rachel Desrosiers
Aug 18, 2014 Rachel Desrosiers rated it really liked it
Super short but extra steamy...
Gabi
JT and Nikki
Hot, but nothing special.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
This is the sort-of sequel to Brazen. J.T. is the sheriff who makes a couple of appearances in Brazen. In this book, he is chased (practially stalked) by Nikki.

Nikki is J.T.'s best friend's little sister. The best friend asks J.T. to watch out for her. Nikki tries everything she can think of to seduce J.T. but he is stuck thinking about how the older brother would react if something happened to her.

I found the story line somewhat tired. The love scenes weren't all that original either. It was a
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Lassoing Lara (Courage Brothers of Texas, #2)
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)
  • Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)
  • Bound for the Holidays (Ties That Bind, #1)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • Dark Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #5)
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1)
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • Marly's Choice  (Men of August, #1)
  • Hailey's Game (Cattleman's Club, #2)
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...