Start by marking “Reckless (Brazen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless (Brazen, #2)

Reckless (Brazen #2)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  1,991 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
He can run, but he can t hide

A Red Hot Summer story and a stand-alone sequel to Brazen.

Sheriff J.T. Summers promised to keep an eye on his best friend s little sister. What could possibly go wrong? A lot. Little Nikki Durant isn t so little anymore. She s sex on a stick, and she s pointed right at him.

Nikki has always loved J.T., and she s through waiting for him to come a
Published June 3rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless

Tanya
Sep 08, 2016 Tanya rated it liked it
Quick book somehow I just like Maya's highlander books way better.
Jamie
Jan 14, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing
HA HA sucks to be J.T.! I found this e-book yesterday morning while I was checking out the "shop" on my Nook. The synopsis alone was enough to make me break my book buying ban.

Reckless is about a small town sheriff (the towns name is Barley...yes like Oats and Barley.) named J.T. who is trying really hard to fight his lust and feelings for his best friends little sister Nikki. Now Nikki on the other hand is absolutely determined to make him hers, even though he's 12 years older than her...Failur
Eternal-Love78 Michelle Rossi's Reviews
The Perfect Sultry Fix for an Afternoon Romp! With a CAPITAL~~~H.O.T.!

J.T. Summers has been fantasizing about Nikki Durant, his best friend Lucas's kid sister, for years. However like every honorable, self-righteous man, J.T. refuses to act upon those lurid desires.

Nikki's been infatuated with J.T. since the night he brought the devastating news that her mother will not be returning home. That she has skipped town with her latest, "boy toy." Leaving Lucas and Nikki to fend for themselves.

Now Nik
Linda
Aug 31, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Nikki knows that to J.T shes just his best friends kid sister, but how can she convince him that shes more than that?
J.T promised to take care and look out for Nikki when her brother deployed but shes just so tempting. Hiding out at work seems to be the only way to stay away from her. Until she manages to get arrested. Showing up in cuffs should do the trick, right?
Quick read, contemporary romance and smutty fluff in a great combo.
Listened to the audioversion and the narrator was great.
Sheila Melo
Short Novella Missing Emotional Weight

THE STORY: J.T. Summers is the sheriff in a small town and has a problem. His best friend's sister is back in town and she is after him. J.T. promised her brother that he would keep an eye on her. Now all he wants to do is avoid her because she is hunting him and he is lusting after her. Nikki Durant knows that J.T. is the one for her. She just needs to convince him.

OPINION: This was a mildly pleasant story but it just doesn't have compelling enough characte
Nishtha
I was procrastinating reading this book since months, today just seemed to be 'the day'. It was a short story, not the best romance but okay.

Honestly, I like plots and suspense even in short stories and if its a romance, then I need a good and loving story where I actually like one of the main characters if not both. I didn't find any story in this novel. It was too short and fast for my liking. It can be read as a standalone (though I am not recommending it)

2.5 stars.
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica

*I read Reckless as part of the Red-Hot Summer anthology.*

Read my full review here:

Red-Hot Summer
Mskychick
Aug 20, 2015 Mskychick rated it it was ok
Shelves: henrico-ebook
My least favorite trope- the rabid and unreasoning pursuit of someone who is adamantly saying no.
Amanda Davis
Jan 03, 2014 Amanda Davis rated it liked it
too short but still a good story. left me wanting mg more
DA4Pups
Light, cute and short. 3 stars.
Dana
Sep 30, 2015 Dana rated it it was ok
Nikki has been in love with her older brother Lucas' best friend JT for most of her life. JT, as a small town sheriff, has sworn to protect Nikki. Except that Nikki doesn't need protection, JT does. From Nikki's obsession with him. Her not so subtle seduction tricks at getting JT into bed include getting arrested, getting a friend to get JT over to their pool where she is currently lying naked in wait, and showing up to the police station wearing very little.
Once Nikki finally gets her man, he m
Cheesecake
Nikki and J.T. Pretty short story but a fun read. Spent a lot of the book wanting to slap JT upside the head, but he makes up for it in the end with some spectacular grovelling. I listened to the audio book and found the reader a bit annoying with her pseudo wannabe sultry voice. But it was OK. The story is better and maybe I would have liked the side characters better if I had read it instead of listened to it. Nikki has had a crush on her older brother's friend JT since she was little. She has ...more
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Maya Banks is one of the best writers of Erotic Romances her strength in creating characters that the reader likes and cares about is consistent. You know when you spend your money that you will get great characters, fun story and some steam that will make you squirm in your chair.

This novella checked all the boxes, I love JT and thought Nikki was a great heroine. I loved how she was going for what she wanted no holds barred, it was a refreshing change in a romance novel. I liked JT in Brazen a
Amanda Sheila
Jul 12, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: maya-banks
Well, it's kind of weird.

Nikki's all over J. T.'s face. She's been following him everywhere. It's obvious that she likes him but the problem is, J. T. didn't see that. He just see Nikki as his best friend little sister who just stop by in his town when she got holiday from college. He likes Nikki, but he didn't think of her "that" way, not until Nikki flashing him her body. He's burning now. But will J. T. realize that Nikki's not playing games? That she's genuinely like him?

It's a major turn
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Aug 09, 2014 Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it really liked it
Shelves: quickie-read
JT does a favor for a friend that could get him into some real HOT water. This favor requires more will power than he could have ever imagined would be required.

Nikki is home from college and she is causing more trouble all in the name of getting a little attention. Not just from anyone but from the man she has loved since she was fifteen. JT is her big brother's best friend and he has been tasked with keeping an eye on her. She is nothing like her mother but the men of the town seems to think o
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
This is the sort-of sequel to Brazen. J.T. is the sheriff who makes a couple of appearances in Brazen. In this book, he is chased (practially stalked) by Nikki.

Nikki is J.T.'s best friend's little sister. The best friend asks J.T. to watch out for her. Nikki tries everything she can think of to seduce J.T. but he is stuck thinking about how the older brother would react if something happened to her.

I found the story line somewhat tired. The love scenes weren't all that original either. It was a
Shay
Jun 09, 2012 Shay rated it it was ok
This book was okay. It was a quick read. I felt sorry for JT. What was he supposed to think with his best friends younger sister coming on to him so strong. Who in their right mind wouldn't think she was just wanting a good time? Who would think she was a virgin? If she loved him and wanted a real relationship she went about it the wrong way. Then for everyone to treat JT like some huge jerk really annoyed me.
Amber Fueston
Sep 10, 2014 Amber Fueston rated it really liked it
This one was everything that Brazen should have been! Men can be so stubborn so you gotta hand it to Nikki for going after what she wants! Both she and J.T. were very likable characters. Reckless is what I would call a fluff piece. Its a fun, quick, easy read that doesn't require you to think too much. It is one of those books that are purely for entertainment only. That's great because sometimes you just need to relax and have a little fun.
Patti
Apr 08, 2016 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-ebooks
It's a good story but I found it a little disappointing at the same time. I think Nikki's actions are too extreme and uncaring towards J.T. He is a serious sheriff in a very small Texas town and to take her antics into his station was disrespectful. With that said, I'm guessing her lack of maturity and inexperience makes her behave in such a manner. But, that is why J.T. thinks she's playing games with him.
ellieisuhm
Sep 18, 2016 ellieisuhm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maya-banks
Final Score - 5 Stars

Kinda a sequel to Brazen, but totally a stand alone on its own.

Would you mess around with your best friends little sister, even knowing that she's blatantly throwing herself at you?

Can't exactly fault J.T. with the dilemma he was faced with. Nikki after all learned from the best (thanks to Jasmine making an appearance).

Quickly salacious read. Loved every second of it!
Jennette
Dec 12, 2015 Jennette rated it liked it
I wavered this very weak 3 stars maybe I should just say 2 stars but it is as advertised I guess. I liked J.T. in the last book so I was happy to see him get a story but it was a silly story. He is pursued by a woman 12 years younger and won't admit his feelings. At first she seems so shallow then her character finally take on some depth but the story then falls flat. This is also very short so there isn't much time to feel a connection to the characters or their situation.
marlene
Sep 07, 2009 marlene rated it really liked it
I really did not like the first one in this series. it pretty much made me cringe. this one was a complete opposite of that one. ok so the woman in the story was pretty determined to get what she wanted, but it didn't rub me the wrong way like the other one did.

down side - it made me miss the pink stripe i had in my hair once upon a time. you know, like 12 years ago. the book made me feel old. boo on that.
Lynda
Jun 26, 2011 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x2011-kindle
ARGH. My review disappeared.

So…While I liked JT a lot from Brazen, and was happy to see him get his own happy ever after, I felt the story would have worked better as a full-fledged novel. If this story had been fleshed out more (ha ha), I think Nikki wouldn't have felt so stalkerish and JT's capitulation head first into being in love wouldn't have seemed so abrupt.
Chris
Jan 20, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
What a fun little story! Nikki Durham has loved her brother's best friend Sheriff J.T. Summers for a long time. It's time for him to notice her so she sets out to seduce him at every turn. This was a great short story with a HEA, lots of unresolved sexual tension and some really smoking hot smexy scenes. What a fun way to spend an hour or two.
Dea Natassya
Aug 26, 2012 Dea Natassya rated it really liked it
Duhhh bagusss!! Walau pendek tapi entah kenapa hampir bisa bikin aku mewek haha
Aku suka karakter Nikki yang ga takut ngejar-ngejar J.T walau caranya ekstrim juga. Awalnya aku kurang suka sama J.T yang nganggep Nikki seolah-olah dia whore, tapi kalo ngeliat tingkahnya Nikki mau gimana lagi ya haha
Holly
Feb 14, 2015 Holly rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite reads of Maya Banks, and this genre altogether. I will often return to this book for a quickie (in more ways than one)! This story encompasses what I love best about this genre... the connection I feel with the characters and hot sex!
Natalie Townsend
Feb 04, 2013 Natalie Townsend rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. I loved JT. I wished it was a bit longer. I hope there is more to this series. I would like to hear about Lucas. I would like to know if Jaz, Seth and Zane have a family and how would that work.
Stacey Mcphilomy
Oct 18, 2015 Stacey Mcphilomy rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars. Poor J.T. There is something about determined women and a man in their site. It was fun reading glimpses of Seth,Zane and Jasmine' s marriage. J.T. finally got his fairy tale after he got the corncob out of ass .
Cheryl Douglas
Mar 10, 2012 Cheryl Douglas rated it really liked it
This was a sexy, sassy book with a strong heroine who was determined to land her man! Of course, the hero had a million reasons why it was a bad idea, but that didn't stop him from getting with the program when the object of his affection propositioned him.
  • Lassoing Lara (Courage Brothers of Texas, #2)
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • Dark Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #5)
  • Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)
  • Marly's Choice  (Men of August, #1)
  • Hailey's Game (Cattleman's Club, #2)
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Bound for the Holidays (Ties That Bind, #1)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Unforgiven (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...