Start by marking “Reckless (Brazen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckless (Brazen, #2)

Reckless (Brazen #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,432 ratings  ·  37 reviews
He can run, but he can't hide

A Red Hot Summer story and a stand-alone sequel to Brazen.

Sheriff J.T. Summers promised to keep an eye on his best friend's little sister. What could possibly go wrong? A lot. "Little" Nikki Durant isn't so little anymore. She's sex on a stick, and she's pointed right at him.

Nikki has always loved J.T., and she's through waiting for him to come
Published June 3rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless

Eternal-Love78 Michelle Rossi's Reviews
The Perfect Sultry Fix for an Afternoon Romp! With a CAPITAL~~~H.O.T.!

J.T. Summers has been fantasizing about Nikki Durant, his best friend Lucas's kid sister, for years. However like every honorable, self-righteous man, J.T. refuses to act upon those lurid desires.

Nikki's been infatuated with J.T. since the night he brought the devastating news that her mother will not be returning home. That she has skipped town with her latest, "boy toy." Leaving Lucas and Nikki to fend for themselves.

Now Nik
Jamie
HA HA sucks to be J.T.! I found this e-book yesterday morning while I was checking out the "shop" on my Nook. The synopsis alone was enough to make me break my book buying ban.

Reckless is about a small town sheriff (the towns name is Barley...yes like Oats and Barley.) named J.T. who is trying really hard to fight his lust and feelings for his best friends little sister Nikki. Now Nikki on the other hand is absolutely determined to make him hers, even though he's 12 years older than her...Failur
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Maya Banks is one of the best writers of Erotic Romances her strength in creating characters that the reader likes and cares about is consistent. You know when you spend your money that you will get great characters, fun story and some steam that will make you squirm in your chair.

This novella checked all the boxes, I love JT and thought Nikki was a great heroine. I loved how she was going for what she wanted no holds barred, it was a refreshing change in a romance novel. I liked JT in Brazen a
Amanda Davis
too short but still a good story. left me wanting mg more
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews

Jane
A Red Hot Summer story and a stand-alone sequel to Brazen. Sheriff J.T. Summers promised to keep an eye on his best friend’s little sister. What could possibly go wrong? A lot. “Little” Nikki Durant isn’t so little anymore. She’s sex on a stick, and she’s pointed right at him. Nikki has always loved J.T., and she’s through waiting for him to come around. The soaring summer temperature is nothing compared to the heat generated when she sets fire to his senses. With a take-no-prisoners attitude, s ...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's kind of weird.

Nikki's all over J. T.'s face. She's been following him everywhere. It's obvious that she likes him but the problem is, J. T. didn't see that. He just see Nikki as his best friend little sister who just stop by in his town when she got holiday from college. He likes Nikki, but he didn't think of her "that" way, not until Nikki flashing him her body. He's burning now. But will J. T. realize that Nikki's not playing games? That she's genuinely like him?

It's a major turn
Antoinette the Book Junkie
JT does a favor for a friend that could get him into some real HOT water. This favor requires more will power than he could have ever imagined would be required.

Nikki is home from college and she is causing more trouble all in the name of getting a little attention. Not just from anyone but from the man she has loved since she was fifteen. JT is her big brother's best friend and he has been tasked with keeping an eye on her. She is nothing like her mother but the men of the town seems to think o
Raj
Girl be a virgin and the book finished too quickly.
Rachel Desrosiers
Super short but extra steamy...
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
This is the sort-of sequel to Brazen. J.T. is the sheriff who makes a couple of appearances in Brazen. In this book, he is chased (practially stalked) by Nikki.

Nikki is J.T.'s best friend's little sister. The best friend asks J.T. to watch out for her. Nikki tries everything she can think of to seduce J.T. but he is stuck thinking about how the older brother would react if something happened to her.

I found the story line somewhat tired. The love scenes weren't all that original either. It was a
Amber Fueston
This one was everything that Brazen should have been! Men can be so stubborn so you gotta hand it to Nikki for going after what she wants! Both she and J.T. were very likable characters. Reckless is what I would call a fluff piece. Its a fun, quick, easy read that doesn't require you to think too much. It is one of those books that are purely for entertainment only. That's great because sometimes you just need to relax and have a little fun.
marlene
I really did not like the first one in this series. it pretty much made me cringe. this one was a complete opposite of that one. ok so the woman in the story was pretty determined to get what she wanted, but it didn't rub me the wrong way like the other one did.

down side - it made me miss the pink stripe i had in my hair once upon a time. you know, like 12 years ago. the book made me feel old. boo on that.
Shay
This book was okay. It was a quick read. I felt sorry for JT. What was he supposed to think with his best friends younger sister coming on to him so strong. Who in their right mind wouldn't think she was just wanting a good time? Who would think she was a virgin? If she loved him and wanted a real relationship she went about it the wrong way. Then for everyone to treat JT like some huge jerk really annoyed me.
Lynda
ARGH. My review disappeared.

So…While I liked JT a lot from Brazen, and was happy to see him get his own happy ever after, I felt the story would have worked better as a full-fledged novel. If this story had been fleshed out more (ha ha), I think Nikki wouldn't have felt so stalkerish and JT's capitulation head first into being in love wouldn't have seemed so abrupt.
Chris
What a fun little story! Nikki Durham has loved her brother's best friend Sheriff J.T. Summers for a long time. It's time for him to notice her so she sets out to seduce him at every turn. This was a great short story with a HEA, lots of unresolved sexual tension and some really smoking hot smexy scenes. What a fun way to spend an hour or two.
Dea Natassya
Duhhh bagusss!! Walau pendek tapi entah kenapa hampir bisa bikin aku mewek haha
Aku suka karakter Nikki yang ga takut ngejar-ngejar J.T walau caranya ekstrim juga. Awalnya aku kurang suka sama J.T yang nganggep Nikki seolah-olah dia whore, tapi kalo ngeliat tingkahnya Nikki mau gimana lagi ya haha
Christina
Yummy! A great little book! I haven`t read the first book, Brazen, but I don`t think it really mattered. I loved this story. It actually was very romantic and real. The sex scenes were delicious and HOT! My only issue was it was too quick of a read...I wanted more of JT and Nikki!!!
Holly
This is one of my favorite reads of Maya Banks, and this genre altogether. I will often return to this book for a quickie (in more ways than one)! This story encompasses what I love best about this genre... the connection I feel with the characters and hot sex!
Cheryl Douglas
This was a sexy, sassy book with a strong heroine who was determined to land her man! Of course, the hero had a million reasons why it was a bad idea, but that didn't stop him from getting with the program when the object of his affection propositioned him.
Natalie Townsend
This was a great story. I loved JT. I wished it was a bit longer. I hope there is more to this series. I would like to hear about Lucas. I would like to know if Jaz, Seth and Zane have a family and how would that work.
Christina Montminy
this book was good but short only 10 or 12 chapters. the book started out with her chasing him for about 8 chapters & then bang he asking her to marry him....a little fast for my taste.
Maddy
I really liked most of this book but at the end it felt like something was missing. I loved most of the characters and liked the story there just seemed to be missing something.
Clary ♡.
This is a short book but i really i love it ! I'm falling love of this couple ... So sweet and the end it's amazing <3
C.J.
Great short read. Funny in places. Hot sex with emotion. Good all round but would have liked an epilogue.
Say
Didn't know it was part of a series, well it's fine since you can do without reading the first one.
Crazy4more
2.5-3 stars...but then short stories are...just short...

Shiela
Very short, however I really liked this book, wished it was longer.
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Miss Firecracker  (Wild West Boys, #2)
  • Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Sex Camp (Cowboy Sex, #3)
  • The One
  • Hailey's Game (Cattleman's Club, #2)
  • Rough Stock
  • Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Always
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)