Start by marking “يگانه” as Want to Read:
يگانه

يگانه

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  10,329 Ratings  ·  247 Reviews
Under the spell of quantum physics, Bach and his wife Leslie are catapulted into an alternate world, one in which they exist simultaneously in many different incarnations. First they encounter themselves as they were 16 years ago on the day they first met. In this version of their lives, they do not marry, and never achieve the happiness Bach assures us that their real uni ...more
262 pages
Published 1999 by پنجره (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about يگانه, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about يگانه

Breezy
Jan 09, 2008 Breezy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Reid
If you've ever seen yourself in someone else, or felt how they bring something out in you...if you've ever wondered what a world without war would be like, or a world that bombed instead of blinked to "end" the Cold War...if you've ever wondered how life would be if you'd met your soulmate at a different time in your life, or felt like your soul is connected with everyone else's...this book is totally for you. Simply open your mind a little, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Irene
Mar 08, 2009 Irene rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers; people self-exploring philosophy for 1st time
Recommended to Irene by: Picked it up after reading other Bach books
Shelves: fiction
I bought this book many years ago, after reading Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Illusions. I tried several times to read the book, but never got past a few pages. Finally, I vowed to read it: If I liked it, it would stay on my shelf; if I didn't like it, I'd donate it.

I'll be donating this book to the library tomorrow.

If I were a teenager, with most of life's major choices ahead of me, this book would probably offer some lessons worth learning. If I were not a thinking, self-aware person, the i
Ahmad Sharabiani
Aug 17, 2012 Ahmad Sharabiani rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy, romance
نویسنده: «تصادفى یكى از كتابهایم را بردار؛ انگشت روى صفحه اى بگذار، و آن را بخوان. این كار را سه بار انجام بده. اگر كلمه به كلمه و سطر به سطر آن علاقه و كششى در تو ایجاد كرد تا كتابم را بخوانى، آن را در آغوش بگیر و بخر. اما اگر با هر بار خواندن آن، سردرگم یا بى تفاوت شدى، بدان كه این كتاب تو نیست و آن را دوست نخواهى داشت. پس پولت را هدر نده.» ا.ش
Lorraine Flaherty
What can I say. Another brilliant book by Richard. Compelling.
Samantha
Jun 01, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking
This is so far my favorite of Bach's books. The ideas portrayed are so incredibly powerful and touching, they really speak to that core within.

Richard and Leslie (AKA RiLesChardlie) are flying to LA to attend a conference at Spring Hills where other unique thinkers of the time are gathering there to discuss their ideas. As they come in to approach LA in their rainbow seaplane something extraordinary happened and they find themselves ripped from the world they were in and in a dimension of sorts
Kaethe
Let me be clear: when I read this I was all about finding my soul mate and blah, blah, blah. And now I know there's no mystical meeting of souls. My true love is the man who takes out the garbage because I don't want to. And I'm his true love, because I keep the house tidy and figure the taxes, things he doesn't want to do. And we stay together not because there are a million alternate worlds in which we were fated to be together, but because we make each other laugh, and bring each other drinks ...more
deepa
One of my favourites. The book draws you in with ideas of parallel worlds, alternate pasts, crossroads... you are taken on an exploration with Richard and Leslie of whether choices could really change our destiny and it all ties together strangely...

"We fly up high," I said trembling with insight, "and we have perspective!" We see every choice and fork and crossroad. But the lower we fly, the more we lose perspective. And when we land, our perspective on all the other choices is gone! We focus o
Kira
Nov 18, 2012 Kira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think, in my young adult years, this book, more than any of the Bach books that I poured over, affected the way I looked at the choices that I might make in my life and how they would affect my future. In this timeless classic, Bach discourses on the endless divergence of roads not taken and the endless possibilities of self that must arise upon personal reflection.
Eric
Oct 10, 2009 Eric rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, young adults
Shelves: philosophy, fiction
This is my first novel by Richard Bach. One is an easily digested novel that takes the familiar concept of visiting alternate versions of yourself, and adds some philosophical underpinnings. The plot focuses on a husband and wife pair who mysteriously travel to parallel dimensions while in their small float plane, changing scenarios at the same frequency as the chapters. All of this scene shifting robs the novel of any real weight or substance, although there were a few poignant moments. The phi ...more
Martin
Jul 13, 2014 Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read-later
In this1988 book the author continues the story of Richard and Leslie which he started in his previous book The Bridge Across Forever. Here the author explores the topic of parallel universes and interconnectedness of world(s) and people in them. He built this book around the central idea "what if we could meet our past selves and give them advice, our future selves and learn from them, our parallel universe alternative selves to get new perspective on our life".

Book nicely continues and builds
Joe
Mar 26, 2008 Joe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crap
I read this just to see how bad it was, back in high school. The answer: painful. Oh, man. Whine whine whine oh daddy never loved me, my parents drank alcohol, I don't think the world understands my hippy love for flying airplanes. I like airplanes as much as the next person but this book nearly killed that love.

Brief synopsis: Richard Bach is back. He and his wife go on a plane ride and get visited by an interdimensional being who is a cross between them. She is a young Polynesian girl for some
Fardaneh Rava
Apr 30, 2010 Fardaneh Rava rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even the love between soul mates can be mortal...it's all about us,we must struggle to be deserved for being an eternal soul mate...

هر چه اوج می گیریم، چشم اندازمان گسترده تر می شود و گزینش ها و دو راهی ها و میان برها را بهتر می بینیم وهر چه فرود بیاییم، چشم اندازمان را از دست می دهیم و هنگام فرود، درک و دریافتمان از گزینش های دیگر بر باد می رود. حواسمان پی جزئیات می رود: جزئیات روزمره ی ساعت به ساعت و دقیقه به دقیقه و به این ترتیب زندگی های همتا را فراموش می کنیم.
Eduardo
Apr 10, 2013 Eduardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorites books. This was my first approach to reading by pleasure.
I read it during my exchange year in Austria durin 2000 and 2001. I gift from my father.
Alek TS
Feb 08, 2016 Alek TS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With this book Bach gave us one pearl, you can wear it like a charm, keep it in 'jewelry box' in your mind or throw it back to the ocean, depends of your personality.

I was on step to love it, but now just like it. I share author's vision for most of the issues, like religion, ecology and war; was fun and useful to explore alternatives to a situations in one life.

But he pushed me away with this part for (view spoiler)
Alexandra
Jan 17, 2011 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a couple, deeply in love, who are taking a ride in their own private small plane. Thehusband is the pilot. They are older with grown children in a time in their lives where it is just the two of them.

They cross into an "alterate parallel universe", if you will, that allows them to see their lives in a completely different light. This "alternate parallel universe" shows how their lives would have changed had little things throughout their lives had not happened, the most impor
Kate
Apr 02, 2008 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kate by: my aunties
This was a very influential book for me. I read it in high school and kept going back to it for inspiration. I read a variety of Richard Bach's books. I own more than I read because I could never get into the more technical flying ones, but I loved these books in this order: (Best first:) One, The Bridge Across Forever, & Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Those are the ones I remember off hand. I did read one written by Bach's son and I really enjoyed that also. Inspiring writing. I don't mind th ...more
Karen Jett
Jun 26, 2010 Karen Jett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are interested in the metaphysical, who have trouble with time being linear
This was my second time through this book. It is still one of my favorites from Richard Bach.

I love the idea of alternate lives all being lived at the exact same time. This book takes it to a large picture. But even on the small level, that there is a me out there who did not quit my job and start my own business. It may or may not have any basis in reality, but I love the IDEA of it. It reminds me that even today I can change the course of my life by the decisions I make today.
Tanya
Dec 07, 2008 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the choices we make and how they shape our lives. Best of all its about being able to change your life at any given moment by making the right choices.

The second most romantic book (after the Bridge Across Forever) I have ever read.

Richard Bach at his best. The book can be summarised in his own words:

"I gave my life to become the person I am right now. Was it worth it?”
Greg
Dec 18, 2012 Greg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What if all time is now. The past, present and future, all accessible to us in this very moment, all we have to do is make the switch. What if you could give a message to your past self, what would you say? What if you could receive a message from your future self, would you accept it? Richard Bach looks at these questions and more in this spirit touching work. Get ready to have your perception expanded.
Brian Sims
Just finished reading One by Richard Bach - a great book on a strange twist to multiple dimensions and realities taking place simultaneously; instead of reincarnation, it's continual-carnation.. Imagine meeting multiple you's, ones you don't remember experiencing.. Would you make different choices? Have those choices become different realities, existing simultaneous, with no time in the conventional sense..
Kata
Nov 19, 2008 Kata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't say enough about this book. The writer really just guides the reader through basic terms in life that could be associated with spirituality. He is focused on love, hope, happiness and existence without relying on anyone, but yourself. " An easy life doesn't teach us anything. In the end, it's the learning that matters. What we've learned and how we've grown."
Leadher2gmail.com
With a little knowledge in today's Quantum Jumping and Quantum Physics "One" is a very interesting read. You may enjoy it as a novel or/and embrace it at your level of Consciousness...I am a fan of Richard's books. Love his style. I own a 1988 hard copy of this book given to me as a Christmas present by my husband Bruce.
Sarath Thampi
Sep 10, 2013 Sarath Thampi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To call this book just inspirational would be an understatement.'One' by Richard Bach have been able to transcend all the boundaries of imagination and shine itself like a work of art. Ideas in this book are so enthralling and revolutionary that it is opens a million other ideas and possibilities. Even though primarily a sci-fi, it is much much more than that...
Bryan Reyes
Apr 20, 2013 Bryan Reyes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has more complicated philosophies than what Jonathan Livingston Seagull possesses. Bach's trademark are never-ending, interrelated, and sometimes-hard-to-get-but-easily-digested-by-the-subconscious-mind philosophies. If you want your mind to be confused yet enlightened, read this book. Sometimes I think Bach tortures his readers first before he lets them realize what's he's saying.
Lorena
Mar 18, 2008 Lorena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book a couple of times, as with much of Bach's writtings, while you read it, it just makes you feel full of hope for humanity. It also makes me feel responsible for our world's future. Because after all we are all ONE.
Bangkokian
Apr 23, 2008 Bangkokian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-10
I read this book 10 - 15 years ago, while I was in Eastbourne, England.

After 15 minutes, I don't want this book have an end page!!!

I really like all the plot flying around with small plane, going throught many worlds.

Can't hardly put it down!!!
Nubia
Feb 16, 2008 Nubia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
incredibly creative point of viw about life and decisions!
"a little change today is a big change tomorrow" RB

Un increiblemente creativo punto de vista acerca de la vida y la toma de desiciones. "Un pequeno cambio hoy, es un gran cambio manana" RB
Caz
May 16, 2008 Caz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like many of his books, One focuses on the idea of personal choice, and how much control we really have over our lives, shown here literally! It will make you smile, it will make you cry, it will make you want to run out into the street and dance alone at midnight for the sheer love of CHOICE.
Cody
Jan 10, 2008 Cody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
This is a fun adventure into other possible realities. It's full of interesting perspectives on a lot of different subjects, stretching your imagination and giving you plenty to think about afterword.
Terra Bosart
Jun 06, 2009 Terra Bosart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like most of his books, perception is dealt with greatly. In this one, him and his wife travel through space and time to see lives they could have lived, and try to change things for the better when they can.
Goodreads Librari...: combined books still show as separate 5 23 Jan 20, 2014 01:03PM
  • The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)
  • Fire from Within
  • Out on a Limb
  • Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
  • Autobiographie d'une Courgette
  • Loving Each Other
  • Your Sacred Self: Making the Decision to be Free
  • Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • A neve ferma
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • The Bhagavad Gita: Royal Science of God-Realization
  • Berta's Choice (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5.5)
  • The Be Happy Attitudes
  • Ancient Angkor

Since Jonathan Livingston Seagull - which dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years - Richard Bach has touched millions of people through his humor, wisdom and insight.

With over 60 million copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorm
More about Richard Bach...

“Bad things are not the worst things that an happen to us. NOTHING is the worst thing that can happen to us.” 186 likes
“A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow.” 174 likes